Wired Mighty Mouse is dying. Alternative mouse??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Dany M, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Dany M macrumors 6502

Clicks dont register, takes up to 5 clicks to make "one" click. Scroll wheels is dying wit not scrolling up or down for some reason. I cleaned it but its been an hassle. Can anyone recommend another mouse thats great and maybe might have 360 scroll wheel?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

To clean the scroll ball, turn the mouse upside down and scrub the scroll ball on some paper, find thats the best trick, for the clicks, try not to have your fingers on both the left and right side of the mouse when clicking, think it confuses it, does with mine.... :rolleyes:

3. mag2001 macrumors 6502

I love my Logitech vx nano..... the receiver is real small

4. Hmac macrumors 68020

I'm a big fan of the Logitech mice. I've been using an MX 518 for years on PCs. When I switched to Mac, I used the Mighty Mouse that came with it for awhile, but finally gave it up for the same reasons you are and pulled the old 518 back out the drawer. I plugged it in and it worked immediately with all of the buttons doing the same function as their equivalent on the Apple mouse.

This web page lists all of their mice. Only some of them are listed as being Mac-compatible, but the 518 that I use is not, nevertheless it works flawlessly.

[​IMG]

5. Dany M thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm, I think that later today im going to best buy to by another mouse. Most likely logitech

JW< my brother doesn't want wireless since he doesn't want the hassle of batteries, how long does a wireless mice last for...??

6. shevans macrumors member

My Wireless Mighty mouse last approx. 2 months on a a set of 2 AA Energizer Ultimate Batteries (high power Alkaline).

Mine has also been dismantled and re-glued twice, next times the scroll wheel dies I'm off shopping for an alternative!

7. je1ani macrumors 6502

I bought a Logitech Evolution on Black friday for $39 and it worked perfectly ever since I got it 3 days ago lol

8. cube macrumors G5

Some Logitech mice come with rechargeable batteries and a cradle.

9. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

Logitech wireless mice are rechargable, theres no worrying about batteries. Just pop the mouse in the dock every couple nights and it will always stay charged. The charges last about 3 days, probably more for newer mice (mine is over a year old and it lasts 3 days, I think it used to last around 5 days). Ive been using wireless mice for almost 4 years and have never once had one completely die on me, wireless keyboards are the ones that give me trouble since they die without warning.

The MX1000 is a really good wireless mouse that doesnt cost much. The best mouse is the MX Revolution but its really expensive still.

10. cube macrumors G5

Not all Logitech mice come with rechargeable batteries and cradle.

11. Dany M thread starter macrumors 6502

12. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

What about the MX Revolution. That's a wonderful mouse.

13. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

14. willhkirby macrumors newbie

Great cleaning suggestion.

:)Just found your scroll ball cleaning suggestion ... it worked! Thanks a lot it! Saved me $$. I was getting ready to buy a new mouse.

15. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

let me second the MX518. Great, great mouse that I've been using for a year and a half now. All of the buttons can be used for spaces/exposé/dashboard, as well as left and right click. And if you use steermouse (which I do) you can also set the buttons to do whatever else you want, like forward/back, page up/down, and pretty much anything else you can think of.

It's a great, accurate (1600 dpi, or 1800 on the revised version), and comfortable mouse. Logitech has some great choices. My gf has a vx revolution, and that's a great wireless (though not bluetooth) option.

16. mgridgaway macrumors 6502

mgridgaway

Definite third for the MX518. I've used mine for a few months now and I've got to say it's the best mouse I've ever used. I would, however, recommend USB Overdrive instead of Steermouse. I've used both and find that USB Overdrive is a much more substantial utility.

17. jojo13 macrumors 6502

jojo13

18. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

19. Trip.Tucker Guest

20. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

I like the Razr wireless mouse (bluetooth). Bought from apple a few months ago, they should have it on their store.

here it is: http://www.razerzone.com/p-94-proclick-mobile.aspx

I use it for pro apps, everyday use, games. its great.

i have tried the mx revolution by logitech and returned it... wasnt comfortable on screen and the software to program the mouse buttons was ridiculous from logitech. i have been using mighty mice since they launched on july 25th, 2005... and found they were limited. especially for gaming.

best of luck, by the way, i have the black razr! :)

21. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

I really like my Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000, More comfortable then any other mouse I have ever used.

22. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Another vote for the MX Revolution here. It's the best mouse I've ever owned by a fair lot.

23. jeffuwee macrumors member

jeffuwee

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Get an MX if you never leave the house with your laptop.

Get a VX if you always find yourself mobile. I take my laptop with me every single day, and my VX Nano is absolutely incredible. It's small, but not as small as other dinky laptop mice I've seen.

25. eXan macrumors 601

eXan