Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RustyMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2007
I want to hear people's experiences with both the wired or wireless keyboard and mouse. Any issues with either? Is one better than the other? Any info would be great!

I am using it for the new iMac and for graphic design work.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Is a keypad important to you? If so, go wired. The bt keyboard doesn't have a keypad, making it unusable for some.

They are both excellent keyboard and I highly recommend them.

As for the mighty mouse...meh. The scroll ball always gets stuck, even when you clean it. I wouldn't buy another one.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I've been using the BT MightyMouse since it came out. Works great, and is comfortable (for me, at least). It's precise enough for image work, though I usually switch to a Wacom tablet.

I also purchased the new BT (aluminum) keyboard. It has a good feel and haven't had any issues with it. However, if you need the full layout (keypad, etc.) you might need to go with the wired version.

nylock10

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2006
I've been using a BT Mighty Mouse for a little over a month and I love it.

I had to get used to the tracking (I think it uses a laser instead of traditional optical tracking), but that only took a couple of days. The battery still reads full, it doesn't disconnect from my computer and it works in Vista.

I recommend it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.