Wireless earbuds that sound good?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iMas70, Nov 3, 2015.

1. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

I usually stream music during the day and used to do the through a JBL wireless speaker. Recently started using the Apple earbuds and was reminded how good they sound. The only thing that I don't like is they aren't wireless. The wire ends up catching on something once in awhile. That pulls one or both buds out. I'm looking for good quality wireless earbuds that aren't very expensive. I'm expecting to pay about $100.00. I've read some reviews but they tend to be all over the place. Any suggestions on what to look for?

Thanks!

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

They are a little over your budget but I like the Jaybird Bluebuds. They have good battery life and the sound is really good.

3. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just looked for those. Found them on Amazon for $101.00. Something else that I keep seeing recommended is the LG Tone Infinim. Those are just under $100.00. Not sure how I feel about them though.

4. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I recommend the Bluebuds as well. They stay put and the sound quality is really good for wireless. I had them for a while. I ended up giving them to my daughter as she runs and my favorite buds are actually a wired pair.

I can't speak for the LG tones as I don't have them but reviews are good for them as well.

5. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

Try the Mpow Swift. They sound really nice for $20.

6. ggmonogram macrumors member

agree. having the beats powerbeats 2 wireless and beat solo2 wireless, and all 3 are on par.

7. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I have a pair of the LG Tone Pros and the Bluebuds sound much better. Never listened to the Infiniums though.

8. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

How do all of these compare to Apple's earbuds? There is a hung price difference. Probably because they are wireless. I'd think the sound quality would be better too.

9. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

How are the Beats Solo 2 wireless? Do you like them? I assume when you use the wired cable they sound exactly like the Solo 2-which I like.

10. JAG21979 macrumors member

I have both the Original jay birds and the lg tone pro's...jay birds sound better but the lg's sound excellent for $60. The in ear feel with the jaybirds is awkward and finding the perfect fit can be tricky. Jaybirds are better for sweaty workouts but for everyday use and comfort I can easily recommend the LG Tone Pros.

11. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'd be using them normal day to day activities and would want them to sound at least as good as the Apple earbuds. Only complaint about them is the wire.

12. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Jaybirds Bluebuds X are great. The newer Jaybirds X2 are even better. Can't be beat.

13. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

14. JAG21979 macrumors member

I love the Jaybirds just not the price, almost $200 is ridiculous...glad they were a gift because I would never pay that amount for headphones.

15. HowEver macrumors 6502a

HowEver

Something you stick in your ears for hours a day deserves to be high quality. But sure if you find something that good for $20, use it.

16. JAG21979 macrumors member

They sounds just as good, maybe not better but worth the $60...use the rest of your money and take your significant other out for a nice dinner!

17. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

That nice dinner doesn't last long. That would be an easy decision for me.

18. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

For the earbuds mentioned here, how good do they stay in your ears?

19. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I haven't found a pair of earbuds that actually stay in my ears. Comply tips will improve the retention of any set of buds but only to a point. That is why I usually use a pair of MEElectronics Air Matrix 2 BT headphones and only use my Bluebuds when I need to travel light.

20. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

Mpow Swift with Comply tips and the ear clips and they won't go anywhere unless you are grappling with a Gracie.

21. dk206 macrumors regular

Try Samsung Level U. Reviews were really good. I have a pair too

22. JAG21979 macrumors member

The LG Tone Pro actually stay in my ear even after doing plyometrics, jumping, push ups, etc...they're also more comfortable than my jaybirds first generation

23. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

The new Jaybirds X2 are on sale at best buy and amazon for 129.99

24. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I'm checking out the Best Buy site for Black Friday deals now.

25. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

For me, I agree the dinner is history after a couple of hours. I'm not an audiophile for sure, but when you get a really decent pair of earbuds there's no going back. That's why I gave my Bluebuds to my daughter. Don't get me wrong, the Bluebuds are really nice for wireless but I tried a higher end wired pair and the sound quality is so much better - no going back for me. Every time I use them, I always appreciate the details in the sound quality.

But if you have a cheaper pair that fits well and gives you the quality of sound that you are happy with - so be it. We all have different expectations and budgets to work within.