Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
It's this machine - works like a charm on the iBook now.

I'm finally taking it in and having them deal with all the issues on this *cough* wonderful *cough* piece of machinery....

Doing a full backup now.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
mad jew said:
No joke. It's for hexadecimal passwords. :cool:

Oh, and I'm glad everything's working now. :)
Ah - but that's only for older version of the software. It isn't for newer versions - which allow you to pre-specify it's hex. Thanks for the link!

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
iGary said:
It's this machine - works like a charm on the iBook now.

I'm finally taking it in and having them deal with all the issues on this *cough* wonderful *cough* piece of machinery....

Doing a full backup now.
Sorry. That sucks. Time for a Dell?

FWIW, I'm lugging mine in Wednesday for some fixes. Damn, those things are heavy.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
jsw said:
Sorry. That sucks. Time for a Dell?

FWIW, I'm lugging mine in Wednesday for some fixes. Damn, those things are heavy.

I can't say I am looking forward to working from my iBook or lugging this thing half way across the mall. If they send it in, it better be a quick repair.

*fingers crossed*

If they replace the logic board, is that processors and everything?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
iGary said:
If they replace the logic board, is that processors and everything?

No, probably not, unless they find the airport related to the processors. Who knows...they do weird things.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Lugged it all the way to the store, and it wouldn't do anything that it has been doing. :rolleyes:

The one thing I hate about the Genius Bar is that they automatically assume your are an idtiot.

Repair permissions? Yep.

Run cron scripts? Yep, here let me tell you what I did -

So I ran off everything - PRAM NVRAM, Permissions, Hardware Test with Apple's and Tech Tools, reformatted.

So he tried to boot in safe, single, CD, target disc - and it worked perfectly.

Fark!@!@!@!!

It still will not join my network, but my iBook will.

Oh well, I'm in a huge deadline crunch right now, no time to fiddle with airport.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.