wireless in-ear recommendations

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mickeydean, May 7, 2017.

1. mickeydean macrumors 6502

I'm looking for ones to replace my IEMs with sound quality as the most important consideration.

Not for exercising but general listening.

Expecting to move to the next iPhone and I doubt Apple will put back a headphone jack.

I have the etymotic HF3s, Sony XBA-C10ip, etc...

2. Yankee512 Suspended

Yankee512

I love my Jaybird X2's. Best ones I have owned so far.

3. cakebytheocean, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017

cakebytheocean macrumors member

I have both jaybird x3s and beats x

I use jaybird x3s for exercising and beats x for casual listening and conference calls.

In my opinion: jaybird x3s sound better but the beats x fit better=more comfortable. Returned airpods because aside from the cool tech they didnt fit me at all=fell out quite often and in terms of sound were not comparable to the aforementioned options.

4. BlueLagoonMountain macrumors newbie

I agree with the above posts. The Jaybird X3 sounds great and if they do not have your preferred sound profile there's a hardware EQ in the form of an app. The changes stay on the hardware and will stay even when you listen through another device.

5. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm... seems like I should sell my jlab epic2s and get the jaybird X3s

6. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

7. prhat317 macrumors newbie

I just exchanged my Beats X for the PowerBeats3. Having said that my primary use was for exercising otherwise I for sure would've stuck it out with the Beats X. Good sound, great comfort and an awesome battery. The cord's length was never an issue until I really started moving, that is why I swapped. Wish it would've been a tad shorter.

The PB3's have been a great compromise so far. They aren't as comfy but the sound is just as good and the battery life is even better. Just a bummer I will stick out like a sore thumb in public wearing them (only wireless headphones I have).

*Would've tried the AirPods, if they were actually obtainable*

8. cakebytheocean macrumors member

I was seriously considering PB3s because of the battery life but but there were a couple of turn off - chief among which was the quality issue - there are several reviews on the online apple store alluding poor build quality - are you experiencing any of that?

9. prhat317 macrumors newbie

So far so good. I figure I'd rather risk a few complaints online for an awesome workout headphone with the w1 chip. Wish they were a little more discreet as an everyday headphone though lol.

10. mickeydean thread starter macrumors 6502

11. kingston73 macrumors 6502

For sound quality above all else I'd go with Bose. I really like my sound sports.

12. fatalogic macrumors regular

fatalogic

Beats x are really good if you can find them on sale. Walmart had a sale this past weekend for the blue Beats x that you can price match at target or best buy. At $100 I think they are hard to beat, sound good, fit great, lightning charger, fast charging, and the w1 chip.

13. fre3way macrumors member

I am also looking at wireless headphones but here are the ones I'm considering: Dash Bragi, Apple airpods & bose soundsport wireless. Which one of these would be the best in terms of sound quality, comfort & battery life?

14. ArsovV macrumors member

ArsovV

I used the jaybirds x2 and the battery was terrible after two months and I was more than careful on how I charged them. Later on I purchased the Vasa Bla from Sudio Sweden. Not bad in terms of sound, excellent it build but they just wouldn't stay in my ears, no matter which silicone tips I used.
    I purchased two models from Mpow, the Wolverine and the Swift (or some similar name like that) but the signal reach was terrible on both as I left the phone on a table in the gym. The music often stopped playing after 10 meters away.
    Then I found out about the Decibullz custom mold earphones. These are by far the best wireless earphones I have used. The fit is perfect, as expected from something you mold for your own ear. The sound is terrific, I was very surprised by the bass, it's astounding. The battery last me three workout, one workout is about two hours long. The seal is great, not much from the outside noise will get by.
    They are sweat-proof and quite durable, as I have been using them for almost a year they are in a great shape having the fact in mind that I have actually ripped them our of my ears while working out in the gym.
    I highly recommend the Decibullz custom molds :)

15. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

For anyone who is interested, my husband and I tried out a couple of headphones this weekend he wanted a new set of Bluetooth headphones. We tried the Powerbeats3 and The jaybird X3. We also had my own Bose Soundsport wireless.

The Powerbeats3 were terrible good thing was the connectivity. But the sound was absolutely terrible. There was space but not much else. However the design was not bad because I did not fall off your ears. Next we tried the jaybird X3. THese sounded much better. Whether personally I find them extremely fiddly. The full off your ears a lot and quite frankly I had an older version of these either the X1s or X2s and I got rid of them for this reason. I think he is keeping this version however I find it's not comfortable.

Are use the Bose Sound sport wireless and they are great. They are far more comfortable than the other two that I just spoke up and they stay on your ear they don't fall off. The sound is also absolutely great. There is a good amount of bass and it's light so it's easy to walk around with. Don't one big downside to this is that the battery life is not great it's all me at six hours where is the other two had longer battery lives. After trying out the Powerbeats3 is I don't see what the big deal is about the W1 chip. It is nice to have however I wouldn't go out seeking it. Hope this helps you.

16. fre3way macrumors member

I ended up getting the bose sound sport wireless & you're absolutely right about the comfort; the battery life seemed fine for me at around 6 hours per charge. But the sound quality just wasn't there. Bose's wired headphones sound so much better. I'm not sure if all wireless earbuds have similar sound quality. I am considering the apple air pods. Were you able to try those out?

17. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

Everyone is different. My husband feels what you do about sound but I thought they were great! We didn't get to try the air pods though - sorry.

18. fre3way macrumors member

I ended up exchanging them for the beats x. Comfort seems about the same as the bose but the headphones themselves feel a lot better in the ear. Bestbuy has a deal of the day promotion going on today for beats x if anyone is interested.