Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmbmar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
Can anyone suggest a full size, wireless keyboard (which includes a number pad) to go with my new MBP? In my office I connect to an external monitor, use a majic trackpad and I need a good, business friendly wireless keyboard.

Suggestions?

atlanticza

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Cape Town
As I understand it, Apple has ceased the manufacture of a wireless keyboard with numeric keypad. I have an older Apple version which meets your needs. Perhaps second hand?
Failing that you can buy a wireless keyboard and the separate bluetooth keypad.

dmbmar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
Not a bad solution - thanks for that suggestion. But that keyboard is a bit "compact" - even when you add the key pad. I do like that it is a 100% bluethooth solution.

Other ideas?

nate13

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2004
Fargo, ND
Not a bad solution - thanks for that suggestion. But that keyboard is a bit "compact" - even when you add the key pad. I do like that it is a 100% bluethooth solution.

Other ideas?

Just my two cents, but if your using a macbook (or anything with the chicklet keys already) then the best bet is to keep that as a theme. I'm using a Saitek wired Eclipse and honestly it's a pain switching back and forth between the MBP and the desk. Try out some keyboards for feel, and go with what meshes best with your style of typing. thats the best advice I can give.

rtheb

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
This has been discussed here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1143156/

Also watch the video review about the recommended KeyPad:

Here is a good video review of the Cropmark LMP Bluetooth Keypad Review for Mac and PC (Would Be Ugly Though)

The Cropmark Keypad doesn't appear to be the desired solution from an aesthetic or functional standpoint.

I still use my white 109 key Bluetooth keyboard

The old white Bluetooth keyboard is pretty heavy in comparison to the new wireless keyboard but it still eliminates the USB cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.