wisdoom teeth

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Dec 4, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I got my wisdom teeth removed and it hurts like hell and wont stop bleeding and i cant stop drooling and I cant take my pain medications because i cant swallow

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

4. iOrlando macrumors 68000

the non-stop bleeding part is normal. You probably will pass a point where you think..okay..i must be really losing alot of blood here..should I worry...and it will keep on bleeding long after that.

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The good news is you might be related to Queen Victoria.

6. PK! macrumors newbie

Just make sure you take care of the holes properly!
    You don't want dry socket or anything like that!

7. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I really didn't have a lot of bleeding when I had mine out. My issue was the fragments the dentist decided to leave in the sockets after busting them up to get em out.

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

9. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Sorry, lol, when I wrote that I was still on the really weird stuff they put you on.

The bleeding stopped, but my mouth is so swollen that I can't close my mouth so my teeth touch. I'm fine though, on some vicodin which is making me really sensitive to noise and light.

10. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I got my wisdom teeth out a few months ago. Apparently some of the anesthetics they put you on can make you *really* nauseous, and if there's one thing you don't need with gauze and blood in your mouth, it's that.

I think the surgeon must have done a good job on my teeth because I never needed vicodin, although I did take it regardless the day afterwards to make sure. Oddly, I felt no different on vicodin (no high or anything), which almost disappointed me; the last time my friend was on vicodin his stuffed monkey talked to him :(:p.

11. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

12. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

Two of my widsom teeth were pulled without any further problems, except for the bleeding and drooling of course - good to hear that the drooling part seems to be normal. Bleeding almost completely stopped after two days, but my throat did hurt from all the swallowing. It was either that or spitting into the sink every three minutes.

Naturally high maybe? :D

13. uuaschbaer macrumors regular

uuaschbaer

:D:p:)

14. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Wisdoom tooth . . . no wonder there's continous bleeding . . . :D Anyway, better go see a dentist before it becomes serious bleeding.

15. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

The swelling has actually gotten slightly worse since yesterday.... i cant close my mouth

16. EV0LUTION macrumors 6502

EV0LUTION

Just suck it up and take the pain killers. You will be so glad you did!

My wisdom teeth where not all that bad, so I guess I got lucky. My sister on the other hand had to have them broken and removed through her cheek, she had a swollen face for two weeks!

17. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Maybe I should by a stuffed monkey and find out? :p:D

18. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I had mine removed a little over a year ago...all four in one sitting. The top two were normal, the lower two not so much. One of the bottoms was underneath bone, which had to be sawed away and then the tooth had to be cut into pieces to be removed, the other one was underneath gums which had to be cut away. Lovely.

I was on very high doses of vicodin, ibuprofen and clindamycin (antibiotic), each of which I took every 6 hours for a week (6am, noon, 6pm, midnight). I think all of the anti-inflammatory ibu really helped...I had almost no swelling and not a bit of pain, though the pain started up strong when I tried to skip a vicodin dose.

Overcooked pasta, soup and ice cream were my friends that week as my jaw didn't want to open very far and felt weird to open wide for almost 3 weeks afterwards. Went on study abroad in France not long after and the good French bread kept getting stuck in the holes where my teeth had been and cleaning them out resulted in a toothbrush full of dissolving stitches!

Fun times!

19. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Is it a gum infection? It could happen near your mouth.

20. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm not sure... it's just swelled really really bad and the bleeding has pretty much stopped even though my saliva is a very light red.

I am probably not going to school tomorrow because I can't close my mouth and I'm drooling really bad.

21. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

Yep I had the same exact thing. I couldn't eat so I had to drink chicken broth for 4 days. After the swelling goes down, your jaw will essentially be "frozen" in the sense that you can't open up your mouth more than a couple cm. In your follow-up appointment, the surgeon will gradually open up your jaw until you can fully open and close your mouth. It DOES hurt.

22. ReeseWillson macrumors newbie

dental health

Hey.. It really hurts like hell. In my experience, I cant it real foods, well I mean the foods I want to eat coz it hurts even to move your tongue over it. I settle for soups. Hmm, maybe you should see your dentist.

23. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I had all of mine pulled out at the same time about 20yrs ago, 41 now, and I slept for an entire day. I was so damn tired and out of it when I got out of the dentist office, the first thing I did when I hit my parents house was put my PJ's on and hit the bed. I awoke one day later and was shocked when my mother said it was one day later.

I guess my dentist really loaded me up with anethesia, thankfully! My mouth sure was numb and felt odd and yes, the blood was there but, it went away as I am sure yours will.

I guess the younger you have them taken out the easier it is on you.

24. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

WHAT?

I never had a follow up and never had any crazy gradual opening of my jaw. Mine was fine after a few days on its own.

I guess dental care really differs from dentist to dentist.