Wishlist for ipad pro 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by garyleecn, Nov 5, 2016.

1. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

So what's your wishlist for ipad pro second gen, both 12.9 and 9.7
    Well, i guess we don't really have to mention stuff like 'faster, lighter, thinner, longer batter life' right?

As for me, i wish apple would add usb3 (or even usb-c) to 9.7 ipad. I only carry ipad when i travel, and i import tons of photos from my camera to my ipad. I love the usb3 speed with 12.9 pro, but really want the portability of 9.7, especially when traveling. So usb3 on 9.7 is definitely a nice plus for me.

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

If possible, I would like to see 3D Touch implemented and expanded Pencil support capabilities.

3. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

#1. 10.5 model
    #2. Intel Core M CPU dual core with hyperthreading
    #3. Smart Connector 2.0 we essentially have this unused port it can charge slowly we need faster and more use of it. Should have just been a USB-C Port.
    #4. Bluetooth Mouse support.
    #5. I haven't given up in dreaming an iPad would run Mac OS especially all the sales they are losing to The Surface Pros So Apple could really have an amazing device and people would flip their lids for it.
    #6. Taptic feedback.

4. sjleworthy, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016

sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

5. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

My wants are:

- more battery (#1 want by far)
    - more powerful charger included
    - user accessible file system
    - ability to set global defaults for various file types (movies, music, photos, etc)
    - more icons/rows on the screen (it's deplorable that a Pro 12.9" screen has the same cockeyed limitation as the 9.7", much less a phone screen. Give me a @#$%&^ break!)
    - mouse support

Probably more that I can't remember right now. This question gets asked all the time and many of the same items appear every time.

6. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Software features excluded, there really isn't much. I don't need thinner, but I would really love to see smaller top and bottom bezels. If Apple could make the bezels the same size all the way around, as big as or even a little smaller than the side bezels, that would be awesome.

I would also like to see USB-C, but doubt that will ever happen.

7. Math889 macrumors 65816

True tone display
    A10X ,4GB of RAM or more
    12MP and 5MP camera
    2 gen Touch ID
    Rose gold ,jet black,matte black colours
    Apple Pencil with more capabilities

8. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

I just want some software optimization to use the full power of the pro ... it's a powerful device that is gimped by iOS.

Oh and would love a matte black option

9. DaniJoy macrumors 6502

Better battery life, I only get 4-5 hours
    Textured glass so screen is not so slick with the pencil
    Palm rejection that works
    8gb ram
    Hardware 'Cintiq' like mode that does not require software hacks that are buggy and poorly performing
    System wide ICC color calibration capability for artists/photographers who have color critical workflows
    Floating cursor for improved pencil accuracy
    Pencil that does not require charging, and is constantly drained to zero-annoying!
    16" or bigger model please. 12.9 is too small for professional artists who work long hours.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2016 ---
    Oh, faster processor would be great too. Editing RAW images is a bit sluggish on my iPad Pro.

10. Math889 macrumors 65816

If Apple launches IPad Pro 2 9.7 inch , I won't upgrade my Air 2.
    I don't see any reason to upgrade to an 9.7 inch IPad now.and in the future.

9.7 inch IPad Pro 2: I won't upgrade
    10.5 inch Pro 2: I won't upgrade
    12.9 inch Pro 2: Maybe!

iPad Pro 2 possible release? Will be in March?

11. eviljack macrumors member

-USB-C for multiple external screens, flash drives and Ethernet
    -Less restrictive iOS (No need for iTunes, IDEs and compilers running natively, ability to set default applications, sideloading of apps, allowed to run multiple instances of the same application)
    -Keyboard + mouse support
    -Terminal + Finder in iOS
    -Less wasted space on the 12.9" iPad home screen

12. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

March, last I heard.

12.9 iPP2, A10X, 6Gb memory, better display, most importantly - an iOS matured enough to match the hardware specs.

13. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

14. Math889 macrumors 65816

15. RudySnow macrumors regular

RudySnow

All I want is supposedly a software fix: the ability for my iPP to stream music to multiple Airplay speakers and control them, just like in Sierra.

I emailed Eddy Cue about a year ago and asked if that feature was coming, and he replied, "Not yet." This led me to believe it would come in iOS 10, but it didn't. With 4GB RAM, my iPP is perfectly capable (seemingly) of handling this.

No third-party apps exist to allow for this either. So, I keep waiting. I like playing music in multiple rooms.

16. biopig macrumors member

3D Touch
    (AM)OLED Screen
    4 or 8GB RAM
    wireless charging

17. iPadDad macrumors 6502

iPadDad

- A10X or faster
    - True Tone
    - Faster Charger
    - 3D Touch (not as important)

That's all!

18. cibonak macrumors regular

cibonak

19. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

No camera bump, for starters. USB 3 connector, don't really care it's lightning or C. Backlit smart keyboard. Way of turning off Apple pencil. Better responsiveness in keyboard shortcuts such as CMD Space. 1/8" jack.

It could be taken seriously as a gaming device if mouse support was added.

20. gobikerider macrumors 68000

gobikerider

Apple A9X already surpasses the core m series. The A10X will put it even further ahead

21. eviljack macrumors member

*Only in certain benchmarks and competing with slowest Core M processor Intel makes.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9766/the-apple-ipad-pro-review/4

22. gobikerider macrumors 68000

gobikerider

A10X will surpass the core M series and A11X will only further that gap
    The A9X single core score is already 300-400 points from surpassing the Core M7 in the MacBook.

23. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

That line is something a rabid fanboy would say. Overall, it is meaningless.

24. GoldfishRT macrumors 6502

GoldfishRT

Fine. I'll bite. I feel like they'll give me most of what I want too. These are all device specific things. I have a lot of things I'd like for the current ones on the software side as well.

• Slightly smaller bezels (I still like having them to hold on to)
    • 3D Touch (This seems more difficult to implement due to screen size? Multiple motors?)
    • At least 4GB of RAM across the entire range (I'm surprised the 9.7 only has 2 in the first place. It's enough but more is always good)
    • It might be asking a lot but both Lightning and USB-C would be awesome. Or AN ADAPTOR in the box.
    • I think the smart connector is kind of lame as it stands. I don't use a keyboard. Make it magnetic and with a new improved Apple Pencil (with an eraser) that'll stick onto it and then I'll care. Really just make it more than a keyboard port. Wireless charging docks for instance?
    Don't really have any issues with power and battery life as it stands, don't mind when either of those are improved though. An A10X would probably be awesome.

25. eviljack macrumors member

They might (Keyword, as they have not been released yet) be slightly faster but they will still be hampered by iOS. As such even with a "slower" processor the Macbook can still run x86 applications and in general is more useful than an iPad.

Basically the power of the A10-11x is meaningless until the OS is fixed.