Wishlist for iPhone 4G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SephirothXR, Jun 8, 2009.

1. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

Of course it's early, but a lot of us 3G owners are stuck with waiting for the 4th generation iPhone since AT&T has yet to eliminate the $400 upgrading fee.

Apple has a year, technology is increasing exponentially, so use your imagination!

1.) 5 MP Camera or even 1080p picture quality. Videos will also be great quality. Light flash as well.
    2.)32 GB($199), 64 GB ($299) models
    3.)RAM goes up to 512 MB, up from iPhone 3GS's 256. Ridiculously fast!
    4.)Ability to handle 3G at immense speeds (7.2 Mbps and above) and capability to use 4G
    5.)Video Conferencing with a front faced camera
    6.)Wireless-N capability
    7.)Battery will be 50-100% better than iPhone 3GS
    8.)Phone will be much slimmer and the screen will be .5-1 inch bigger,
    9.)Slider keyboard option
    10.)OLED screen
    11.)Flash built into software
    12.)We already know that iPhone is more powerful than the PSP and DS combined, so maybe Apple can work on making the graphics closer to the PS2.
    13. Ability to use the iPhone has a portable hard drive. This might be fixed in a firmware, but if we had 32 GB sitting in our pockets, it would be tremendously useful in so many circumstances.

Maybe it will be worth waiting a year, we'll see!

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

I think the 4th Generation iPhone is gonna have a new look and major improvements. the 3G and 3GS didn't really change the game too much.

3. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

This is the year of OS X. Apple is refining both Mac and iPhone OS X to last for the next few years, and so what they showed today was promise of a strong foundation for the next few years. They finally got an iPhone that can run iPhone OS without (m)any crashes. Next year, they'll bring the features.

4. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Sweet Jesus, it took about seven hours since the next-generation iPhone was introduced for this thread to appear! I will never fail to be amazed by the Apple community :p

5. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

The most important feature missing is MULTITASKING!
    Apple is playing catch up with OS 3.0 with cut/paste, MMS, search....
    And with 4G they will be playing catch up with the Pre's multitasking.

6. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

This thread wouldn't exist if AT&T was even smart enough to realize that there is going to be a massive "jailbreak" once the shackles of the 2 year contract are cut loose. People hate their service already, but they're making it worse. The upgrade fee for many of us 3G owners will make the 16 GB 3GS almost $600, which is ridiculous because many 3G owners would be completely willing to spend a mere $200 (price of 2-3 months of data) for the new iPhone, and AT&T would have extended the 2 year contract even further, allowing AT&T to make sure it doesn't lose a lot of people next year if Apple decides to allow any carrier to use the iPhone. AT&T should have waved this fee and asked Apple to include it in the presentation today to ensure that people won't realize that the 3GS isn't worth it and that waiting next year is more economical. I can't wait till next year if at least 5 of those features pop up.

That was the exact picture I had in mind when I said slimmer and 1 more inch on the screen. I hope that picture comes to the computer screen of some Apple executive, then they can say in a future commercial that the new iPhone 4G has something like 50% more screen, 100% more speed, and so on. The design for next year will definitely change, I just hope it's like this.

7. Goona macrumors 68020

Goona

What do you expect, Apple has the whiniest customers.

8. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

Define whining

Is complaining about a $400 upgrade fee whining? (I want a yes or no response to this specific question, it's the main dilemma here).

9. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

No..Apple already explained that they view Push Notifications as a superior implementation that save battery power. Pray tell why multitasking is so important?

10. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Yes.

You signed a contract for a subsidized phone, would you rather have paid $699 for your 3G and been able to upgrade for to a new 3GS for $699? Yes or No.

11. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

I agree multitasking on a device as small as a phone is really bogus, its just the ability to leave them open unlike on a desk top with lots on monitor space in which you can use the apps at the same time.

12. SephirothXR thread starter macrumors 6502

Obviously no.

I'm not entirely sure on this, but doesn't subsidizing only apply when you're an existing AT&T customer? I switched from Verizon as a new AT&T customer, so I'd be paying the regular price, $300 for a 16 GB. Of course I won't pay the $600 for a new iPhone 3GS. I don't mind though, I can wait till next year, the 3G is already a great phone, next year will bring these same features as a plethora of features that will revolutionize phones.

13. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

The faster the processors get the faster the apps open/close obviating the need to have them using resources.

Having Library Access means I can listen to my music through another app which is what a lot of people want with multitasking (music +app)

14. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

3.0 api allow access to your library if programed into the app so you will see that in many games.

15. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

So you can run music apps like Pandora, Slacker, Simplify Music, etc in the background. I hate having to exit out of an app just to look something up. Once 3.0 comes out I will re-jailbreak to use Backgrounder again.

16. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Freaking scrolling song titles!!!!!!!!! Do you hear me, Apple??????????? Arrgggghhhh........

17. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Subsidizing is the fact that the phone is $699 that is what AT&T pays for it to Apple if you paid less it's subsidized. AT&T recoups their money over the term of the contract.

The first iPhone was not subsidized thus those that bought them could upgrade to the 3G for the subsidized price as they paid full price for the 1st gen iPhone.

18. Goona macrumors 68020

Goona

I guess other phones are free when you want to upgrade eh? :rolleyes:

19. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

howz about a verizon version? ATT has really let consumers down today.

20. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

You are the definition.

EDIT: People already posted why Sephiroth just doesn't get it.

21. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

That's a bit tougher since they can't tap into the Library. Though I wonder if they're going to be able to use some of the streaming features. It should be interesting.

22. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

Bring It!!!

Attached Files:

23. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

14. Pendulums inside that generate electricity from kinetic energy and recharge the phone.

15. The ability to read text messages to me when I am driving, and ability of the phone to translate my voice to text messages when I am driving.

16. An option to lock the phone in landscape/portrait mode, for any application.

17. Ability to take a picture of a document and then search it for a word.

18. Ability to double as a USB flash drive and plug into any computer. (perhaps completely separate memory from the actual phone; to prevent viruses) Why? Because you will always have a flash drive with you then.

19. All cell phone towers have thermometers and the iPhones display the current temperature.

20. Built-in AM/FM radio receiver.

21. Dedicated, special layout of buttons for video game play. (think of a Nintendo controller)

24. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

when you get so little you have to dream big.