With new screen, will you get a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dallas112678, Jun 8, 2010.

1. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Now that the new glass is supposed to be incredibly strong and scratch resistant, will you still find yourself getting a screen protector? I don't know about me, i have never really had a scratch problem with my iPod Touch and now if the glass is as strong as they say it is, i doubt it could scratch unless you purposely do it yourself. With that being said i am still nervous leaving the screen unprotected because you can't really remedy the situation if the screen does somehow get scratched. So how about it, will you put a screen protector on your new iPhone 4?

2. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

whats an iTouch?

lol, i'll be getting one i'm sure.

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I've purposely demonstrated how strong the 3GS screen is by scratching it with a key in front of my friends. I could imagine the new screen to be tremendously more durable.

4. Built macrumors 68020

I know the screen is even more durable than in the past, but I am still getting a protector...I've had one on each of my iPhones...I like having peace of mind, and I am, admittedly, a little anal.

5. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I have the 3g and the only thing not scratched on it is the screen. I've used the screen film before, but it would start to peel after 2-3 months of use. I decided to stop using the film and a year has gone by with no scratches. Great glass.

6. Built macrumors 68020

It's funny but I've never had a peeling screen protector. I actually expected it but it's never happened. It might also have something to do with the black polycarbonate Countour case I have had on my both my iPhones, dating back to my 1st gen from 2007.

7. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

When and if I get one I'll be getting a case + a screen protecter. I dont care what they say. I, as the owner of the product want it to be safe.

8. Halamolo macrumors regular

Does this new screen have the oleophobic coating?

9. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Yea I didn't have a case on it. I ride motorcycles and it's constantly in and out of my pocket. I needed it to be smooth enough to go into my jeans and thin. The screen film would start peeling because of lint. Lint was always in the ear hole

10. Built macrumors 68020

Amen!

11. Built macrumors 68020

Gotcha. Totally understand. That would be a problem with any screen protector.

12. afd macrumors 6502a

I scratched my first iPhone, only a small scratch, but it was all I could look at after that. After that it I have had a scrren protector on all phones since.

13. Built macrumors 68020

I'm the same way. One scratch and I'd be obsessed.

14. JasO macrumors regular

Same, I left my iPhone in the box until my best skins ever arrived in the mail. It will be the same with the iPhone 4...

I like the idea of being able to take the skin off and know the phone will look and feel brand new =)

15. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Yes, whenever Power Support releases new film for the iPhone 4, i'm ordering right away. I've been checking their site daily.

16. Built macrumors 68020

This thread reminded me to check that site too. Hopefully, they'll release it early enough so that we can have them ready to apply on the 24th.

17. Halamolo macrumors regular

So does it have the olephobic coating or is it gonna smudge just as bad as the 3G?

18. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

You think so? I really hope you're right. We still need to factor in shipping times and its already less than two weeks to go, so I hope Power Support gets updated soon.

19. Roeltjah macrumors newbie

do you need to apply the invisible shield yourself, or do you have to send your phone to them?

20. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

You can do it yourself, but good luck.

21. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I'll probably get an anti-glare protector.

You do it yourself.

22. Built macrumors 68020

I've always put my Power Support shield on my iPhones myself...Both my 1st gen...my original 3g...and my replacement 3g...

I've had no problem putting it on, and getting rid of any bubbles. Pretty easy to do...I begin with one corner, then the adjacent corner, then run my finger slowly side to side across the protector, working out any air bubbles...

23. Halamolo macrumors regular

Come on guys, screen protectors (condoms) are for pussies!

24. milk242 macrumors 6502a

I'll be getting a screen protector for my wife. She seems to be able to scratch every iPhone glass I've pass down to her.

25. Halamolo macrumors regular

Tell me about it. Women don´t appreciate technology. They´ll scratch everything. Have you seen how they treat CD/DVD discs? :eek: