Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomass04

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2008
I was sold on buying a iphone as soon as it came out then I realized I would be paying 45 dollars more a month than I pay for my blackberry now so I said screw it. I"m buying a new macbook and will just use the college deal they have and get a ipod touch free with my new macbook. It's not worth 45 dollars more a month too me.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I was sold on buying a iphone as soon as it came out then I realized I would be paying 45 dollars more a month than I pay for my blackberry now so I said screw it. I"m buying a new macbook and will just use the college deal they have and get a ipod touch free with my new macbook. It's not worth 45 dollars more a month too me.
What are you paying monthly for your BlackBerry data plan? $0? :eek:

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
its been 3 weeks with att plans

and 2 days for rogers...(friday..and sat...wait till mon/tues occur)

and people ******* there pants and died cause of it

marksman

macrumors 603
Jun 4, 2007
Vegan TJ, Really?

1: I know we aren't getting screwed "as bad". In fact, I said that in my original post.

2: Where is your source that says 200txt will be included with data? I follow MR and other tech blogs pretty closely, and I haven't seen that yet.

3: You've missed the point. Sorry, try again.

Steve said he wanted to make the iPhone more affordable. Granted, I can afford the extra $$/mo, but in the long run Apple has made the iPhone more expensive than even the 2G iPhone when it first came out. With all of these expensive data plans we're seeing from around the world, and the negative reaction from their respective countries, do you guys think AT&T is worried about losing customers and/or dealing with negative press when the masses see their data plan rates?

I am not sure you are in sync with how the typical american views affordability.
It is why people lease cars or take out 72 months loan.

It is not the best deal in the long run, but the lower payments makes it affordable.

Same with the price tag. Having a lower up front cost makes it more affordable for MOST people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.