Won eBay auction for 5s, would you take this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fendi10023, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Fendi10023, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

Fendi10023 macrumors newbie

Brand New. Unused. AND ships with insurance.
    But for just $460. Price seems low to me now that I think about it.
    Before I get flamed for bidding and having second thoughts, if I don't purchase I'll send him $30 for his troubles.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Dude, it's eBay. Buyer's always right. If you get shafted, open a case with eBay. It's counterproductive for sellers to scam on eBay as these days, they never win. It's the buyers you need to be careful of!

3. Dyce macrumors member

+1 99% of the time, eBay sides with the buyer. You should be safe.

4. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Yep and he has good ratings, if he didn't put a reserve on it, thats his fault. That being said it IS in Jersey City, it might have "fell off the back of a truck."

5. Applejuiced, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

People like you is the reason I stopped selling on ebay.
    Bid and win the auction and then never pay and waste my time:rolleyes:
    And you will send him $30, yeah....
    You have 1 single feedback before that, most likely you will dump that user account and open another one and keep doing the same whenever you feel like keep changing your mind and bidding on stuff you don't intent to pay for.

6. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

It's a Sprint iPhone. What else you expect? They are the most worthless iPhones out there.

If it's too good to be true, file a claim on paypal. You'll get your money back ASAP.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Not surprised as the OP has only 1 feedback. That's why I add bidders with less than 5 feedbacks to my blocked list as I get their bids. They're most likely to end up as non-paying buyers.

OP, hope you get slapped with an unpaid item strike and don't act so surprised about the price. It's Sprint after all.

8. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

Why did you even bid if you're not sure of purchasing it. Sending him $30? What is that going to do?

Good luck with the negative feedback you're no doubt gonna get.

9. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

(Sadly) buyers can't receive negative feedback.

10. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

That's sad.. eBay really should allow sellers to give negative feedback since they can give buyers positive feedback.

11. travis64 macrumors 6502a

travis64

look at his fb
    he sold iPhone in nov and buyer never got it

12. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

User seems ok... should go legit... can't say 100% tho.

13. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Can you be sure? The feedback was posted Nov. 11th and the sale clearly states the phone won't be received until "about the second week of nov.".

He removed the link from his post and made another bid in the Cell Phone section on eBay both less than an hour ago. Or maybe he's buying a case and screen protector. ;)

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

No, read that specific listing more carefully. He sold it on October 24th with the specific stipulation that the buyer won't get it until about the 2nd week of November. The buyer posted that neutral feedback on November 11th (which is still within the 2nd week of November) complaining that he hasn't received it so the buyer jumped the gun by about 3 days or so.

Not sure why you're pointing this out given the seller has 98 feedbacks with about 98.3% positive and ebay protects unreasonable buyers like crazy, allowing them to leave unjustified feedbacks for sellers but not the other way around.

15. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Oh well... people like OP are why eBay is turning into nothing but scammers and scammed.

16. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It's crazy. I hadn't poked around eBay for awhile and I was looking at iPhones because of this thread. The majority of bidders in the 10-ish sales I looked at have 0 feedback.

17. 617aircav Suspended

This is stupid. Why bid in the first place if you had reservations? I hate buyers that bid and ask questions after they won the item. Pay up, it's a contract.

----------

No but they can report a non paying bidder, and eBay adds a strike to the buyers account which can restrict what the buyer can bid on. I encourage all sellers to have the highest standard of buyer restrictions on all their auctions.

18. the caveman macrumors 6502

Won eBay auction for 5s, would you take this?

Dont you think you should've been asking these questions before you bid? I sell stuff on ebay and i had two buyers that did this to me. Its very frustrating to say the least.

19. 617aircav Suspended

Yes. And also it was an auction so the item sold for what the bidders were willing to pay for it at that time. On another day it could have sold for more.

20. highertechnology macrumors 6502

Don't forget to order your knock off Fendi iphone case to go with your knock off Fendi username.

21. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

And on the next auction sell for less.

22. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's a Sprint iPhone. $460 seems right in line with average price of a used 5S on Sprint. Sprint phones have the worst resale value so they're not selling for $550-600 like used 5S's on the other carriers.