Won eBay auction for 5s, would you take this?

Fendi10023

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
Brand New. Unused. AND ships with insurance.
But for just $460. Price seems low to me now that I think about it.
Before I get flamed for bidding and having second thoughts, if I don't purchase I'll send him $30 for his troubles.

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-A...del-16GB-Gold-Sprint-CLEAN-esn-/171207976460?

Brand New. Unused. AND ships with insurance.
But for just $460. Price seems low to me now that I think about it.
Before I get flamed for bidding and having second thoughts, if I don't purchase I'll send him $30 for his troubles.
Dude, it's eBay. Buyer's always right. If you get shafted, open a case with eBay. It's counterproductive for sellers to scam on eBay as these days, they never win. It's the buyers you need to be careful of!

Dyce

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Dude, it's eBay. Buyer's always right. If you get shafted, open a case with eBay. It's counterproductive for sellers to scam on eBay as these days, they never win. It's the buyers you need to be careful of!
+1 99% of the time, eBay sides with the buyer. You should be safe.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
Yep and he has good ratings, if he didn't put a reserve on it, thats his fault. That being said it IS in Jersey City, it might have "fell off the back of a truck."

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
People like you is the reason I stopped selling on ebay.
Bid and win the auction and then never pay and waste my time:rolleyes:
And you will send him $30, yeah....
You have 1 single feedback before that, most likely you will dump that user account and open another one and keep doing the same whenever you feel like keep changing your mind and bidding on stuff you don't intent to pay for.

Last edited:

AutoUnion39

macrumors 601
Jun 21, 2010
It's a Sprint iPhone. What else you expect? They are the most worthless iPhones out there.

If it's too good to be true, file a claim on paypal. You'll get your money back ASAP.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Not surprised as the OP has only 1 feedback. That's why I add bidders with less than 5 feedbacks to my blocked list as I get their bids. They're most likely to end up as non-paying buyers.

OP, hope you get slapped with an unpaid item strike and don't act so surprised about the price. It's Sprint after all.

BSDanalyst

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2013
Hong Kong
Why did you even bid if you're not sure of purchasing it. Sending him $30? What is that going to do?

Good luck with the negative feedback you're no doubt gonna get.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
look at his fb
he sold iPhone in nov and buyer never got it
Can you be sure? The feedback was posted Nov. 11th and the sale clearly states the phone won't be received until "about the second week of nov.".

User seems ok... should go legit... can't say 100% tho.
He removed the link from his post and made another bid in the Cell Phone section on eBay both less than an hour ago. Or maybe he's buying a case and screen protector. ;)

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
look at his fb
he sold iPhone in nov and buyer never got it
No, read that specific listing more carefully. He sold it on October 24th with the specific stipulation that the buyer won't get it until about the 2nd week of November. The buyer posted that neutral feedback on November 11th (which is still within the 2nd week of November) complaining that he hasn't received it so the buyer jumped the gun by about 3 days or so.

Not sure why you're pointing this out given the seller has 98 feedbacks with about 98.3% positive and ebay protects unreasonable buyers like crazy, allowing them to leave unjustified feedbacks for sellers but not the other way around.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
This is stupid. Why bid in the first place if you had reservations? I hate buyers that bid and ask questions after they won the item. Pay up, it's a contract.

----------

(Sadly) buyers can't receive negative feedback.

No but they can report a non paying bidder, and eBay adds a strike to the buyers account which can restrict what the buyer can bid on. I encourage all sellers to have the highest standard of buyer restrictions on all their auctions.

the caveman

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Won eBay auction for 5s, would you take this?

Dont you think you should've been asking these questions before you bid? I sell stuff on ebay and i had two buyers that did this to me. Its very frustrating to say the least.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Dont you think you should've been asking these questions before you bid? I sell stuff on ebay and i had two buyers that did this to me. Its very frustrating to say the least.

Yes. And also it was an auction so the item sold for what the bidders were willing to pay for it at that time. On another day it could have sold for more.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's a Sprint iPhone. $460 seems right in line with average price of a used 5S on Sprint. Sprint phones have the worst resale value so they're not selling for $550-600 like used 5S's on the other carriers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.