Wondering Who Would Go To This.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by laughingperson5, Sep 18, 2009.

?

Opinions about this event..

Poll closed Sep 30, 2009.
  1. Da*n, this looks awesome.

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. Holy Crap, Electronic music is NOT MY THING.

18 vote(s)
    62.1%
  1. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

Just wondering how many of you guys would actually be into events like this:
    Nocturnal Festival If no, give your reasons why. I love to hear opinions... most of the time.:D
    Note: Not trying to advertise.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It looks like a rave. Actually, my cousin used to go a lot and he spun at them from time to time. It's nocturnal wonderland isn't it? One of the largest raves ever.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

not my cup of tea

seems like fist pumping would get oh so old after a while lol

4. laughingperson5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep. Although they changed the title to Nocturnal Festival thanks to copyright infringement. It's not really a rave.. but like half of the people take it as a rave.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's a cultural thing really. I just know it's something that people thrive on.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Now I am a big big fan of the Glitch Mob, I also love Rabbit in the Moon and a few others. I am not in or near Cali, so it is out of the question. Honestly I am rather particular with my music, so usually big events like this don't speak to me. There is only so much 4 on the floor a guy can take.

7. AngryApple macrumors 6502

It seems like an okay thing. If a friend invited me I'd go.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. This just doesn't seem like any fun to me.

9. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

Day to day I wouldn't listen to that sort of music, but I really like these sort of events. I would definitely go.

10. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

It looks like a typical club, but without a marquee-name DJ. Instead of paying for good jockey they're adding flames and weird costumes.

I like that kind of music, and I wouldn't go. That's just me.

11. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

have you seen the line up of Dj's?
    not exactly b list guys there.

If I had the time and the $ I would def go.

12. laughingperson5 thread starter macrumors 6502

The DJ's aren't the ones that usually play in clubs. They might've started out in clubs and worked there way up. But the line up is filled with big name artists, Rank 1, Laidback Luke, Pendulum, Ferry Corsten, etc. etc.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not my thing.
    I also had no idea America went for this kind of thing. I thought us Europeans were the only ones who bothered with dance raves and that kinda thing. :eek:

14. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I heard of this a few weeks ago and thought it looked like the awesomest thing ever. I've never been to a rave :( I'd go if I didn't have school and had to travel across country.

15. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Lol!

They're not marquee-name DJ's because they're good enough, and popular enough, to charge more than the average club can afford to pay them.

16. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

Um, dude..

Nocturnal Festival is a pretty huge event. A ton of people, ecstasy (no pun intended), and dancing.

I wouldn't even hesitate. Go.

:D

17. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Due to the fact I don't plan to ever go to any nightclubs or anything (and the ones I've been to in the past are my definition of hell), I wouldn't go if you paid me.

Ok, I lie, I'd probably go if you paid me enough, but I certainly wouldn't enjoy it.

18. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

Why not?

You make the experience. But I guess that's not your type of atmosphere.

19. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Just not my thing I guess. IMO, it's all pointless. You go in a dark room at night with loud music blazing everywhere and lights that flash in weird ways so you can't see properly, then you have drinks which screw with your head (at the very least) and you wake up the next morning with a headache and sometimes not even knowing where you are... Not my definition of fun at all, the whole concept and why people actually enjoy it confuses me.

But, hey, each to their own I guess.

20. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

Totally understandable.

You have a Maybach, though. If I had one, I wouldn't waste time at raves, either.

;)

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Rave is SO over. It should have died in the early 90's. The only way to have any sort of fun at these things is to do drugs like Ecstasy and K- both extremely boring. I lost one of my roommates to this BS. He can no longer speak properly and is a complete mess. I broke up with a boyfriend over this too. I am no fan of rave culture at all. Rave is over 20 years old. When is something new going to happen?

22. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I definitely would not go unless well paid and with friends.

Being jammed in a giant room with thousands of sweaty people. Many of whom are loaded up on various drugs. Music blaring at deafening levels where conversation is impossible even by screaming in someones ear. Absurdly high prices for drinks. Having to use port-a-potties of unspeakable filth were enough were brought in for 1/10th of the crowd turnout. Is not my idea of fun.

To me a quite bar on a weekday playing pool and chatting with a few friends is fun.

Though I could understand how people would like to pop a bunch of E. Then party all night.

23. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I just skimmed through the list (and let it be known henceforth my speedreading sucks). I stand somewhat corrected; Rank 1 and Ferry Corsten aren't small names.

I'd pay more to see Armin, Tri State or Tiësto, yes I would.

24. laughingperson5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Once again, it's not a rave. But if you're into events like these and never have been to one. My suggestion is to start out at the Electric Daisy Carnival. It was my first and I'm hooked on all these dance events now.

25. laughingperson5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Alright. Honestly if you need to take drugs to have fun at an event like this. Then you have no passion for the music. I've been to about 5 dance massives completely sober an had a blast a each one.