Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexDB9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
Seeing that I don't want a case but the back of the iPhone 6 is far from aesthetic, I've come to the conclusion that a skin back is my best option

After searching around the only site to have a decent one is this one (props for having a gold phone as the backdrop since thats the one I ordered):

http://www.sensewood.com/iphone-6-plus-wood-skin/

My only problem with some others that Ive found is that the cutout goes around the camera and flash. This is in my opinion messes with the flash. I was here for the Element case debacle a few years back so its not easy getting back into the case/skin game...

Any other good sites offering real wood backs?

mysterydate

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2010
Waseca, MN
site-paperback-collection-head_1024x1024.jpg
http://www.twigcase.com/collections/paperbacks

Not technically wood. Better. Stronger. Faster. Could armwrassle you.

Also will be tall enough to protect the camera of the iPhone 6. :D

...unlike all of our favorite wood stickers merchants :)

ohmyggg

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2012

I've been a mouse click away from ordering that case since yesterday.

It looks like it has a great aesthetic while still providing decent protection and some grip around the edges. My only problem is that they don't have any photos on the website of the front of the case with a phone in it. The back is beautiful though.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412297392.723951.jpg

I'm currently using a slickwraps mahogany skin. I don't care much about protecting the camera but it'd be nice for a real wood option. I had a monolith wood back for my 5S but it looks like they went out of business. The paperbacks look good except I'd either want a custom design or just a different wood grain of some type. Also concerned how a flat back would feel now that I'm used to the curved edge of the 6.

nkawal

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2011
NYC
i got my toast skin today in the mail, i'll upload pics tomorrow, i did not put it on as yet though. Waiting for my ebony gold flake from slickwraps to come in.

nkawal

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2011
NYC
Here are pics of the toast wood skin. I'm still waiting for the slick wraps to come in before I decide on which to put on.

slickwrapsinc

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2014
Andover, USA
Here are pics of the toast wood skin. I'm still waiting for the slick wraps to come in before I decide on which to put on.

Let us know if you need any help. Be sure to check out our install video before installation.

Thank You!
Weston
Slickwraps

----------

View attachment 500187

I'm currently using a slickwraps mahogany skin. I don't care much about protecting the camera but it'd be nice for a real wood option. I had a monolith wood back for my 5S but it looks like they went out of business. The paperbacks look good except I'd either want a custom design or just a different wood grain of some type. Also concerned how a flat back would feel now that I'm used to the curved edge of the 6.

This look really good! Care if we share this image?

Huge Thanks!
Weston
Slickwraps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.