Woops.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JessTheMess, Jun 7, 2010.

1. JessTheMess macrumors newbie

JessTheMess

Well, I recieved my Macbook keyboard cover and case today in the mail.

I have the keyboard cover on right now :D it's lime green.

I purchased a pink case(hardshell), thinking pink and green would look really good(Which they do, btw). I opened the box and took out each piece. I then realized that the bottom didn't fit at all, and the top didn't either. My parents then tried to put the top on, and they managed to get it to click on the top and sides. We then figured out we had bought the wrong model. The ebay listing said "For White 13.3 Macbook". So we had figured it was for mine. On the very bottom of this person's listing, it said for the oldest model.

Anyone in the Atlanta area want to buy a new pink Macbook hard shell case? :]

I learned a lesson today, and maybe if you didn't know before, now you know too:
    Read everything in the description, and even read the little blue print. :[.

I'm very pooped. Now I'm just gonna go to the :apple: Store and hopefully they'll have a pink one. Or just go to the store I bought my Macbook at and get one there.

Grr. :/ And I just realized that it scratched up the edges of it, so now the edges of my macbook are rough. I'm a freak when it comes to keeping things in perfect condition, so this is huge, and I'm pretty upset just about the whole thing.

2. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

That sucks. I almost did that a lot when the new Unibodys came out.
    Since InCase and Speck both didn't have cases for the 17" for a while, and I got the 17", right when I got it I went looking for a case and seen a ton of them for the "Macbook Pro 17"
    but almost didn't realize that they were all for the original.

Or with InCase offering cases for both the White and the Aluminum Macbook, I almost screwed that up too, since it still says "Unibody Macbook"
    It doesn't say Aluminum Macbook, just Unibody Macbook.
    So I was like, alright, I guess this is it.

The other one says Unibody White Macbook.

Sorry about your case scratching up.

At least it wasn't some super expensive 17" MBP though. ?

3. JessTheMess thread starter macrumors newbie

JessTheMess

Yeah, I was sure that this would be the right one too. And waiting for 2 weeks made the anticipation build, and the fact that it was the wrong model left me hanging.
    I only bought it off of ebay because I was too cheap and didn't want to pay $50 plus tax for a case. But I guess I have to now. Haha lesson learned.

I'm not too worried about the edges since I'll have a case on it anyways.

And man that stinks. 17 inch screen is niicee :] I kinda miss mine.

4. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Really?
    I just sold my 17" to downgrade to a 13" Macbook or Macbook Pro.
    not really sure which one I want yet. I mean, I just really like the white of the Macbook, that's the only argument that it's holding up for me right now really. And it's a little cheaper, I guess.

But Speck and InCase don't make a blue case for the White Macbook. so it's like, what's the point?

I just want a small laptop to record music on. The 17" was nice if I was going to use it all the time and as a desktop or something, but it became a thing where it was too big to take anywhere just to record music, so it just sat on my desk. And getting like 1,800 just to downgrade isn't a bad price to pay.
    he he he.

I know what you mean about paying for the cases. 70 dollars for two sheets of plastic, it's pretty expensive. I was looking on e-Bay at first too. But since the 17" ones weren't out even when I bought the laptop, they were all for the old Macbook Pro. And I had no idea, since that was my first Mac.

And then when they finally came out, all the e-Bayers were selling them for pretty much retail price. I guess saves taxes, but whatever.

5. JessTheMess thread starter macrumors newbie

JessTheMess

I love the 13 inch because its so lightweight..the 17 inch was so heavy. But it was nice to have when I was making a project on Powerpoint or if I was making a new video, doing hw, etc.
    After I brought that laptop, my backpack, and purse with me to a Starbucks to meet up with someone to study, I decided I needed to downgrade or else I would kill my shoulder/back.

I love the Macbook, because I didn't really need anything major. And its way easier to bring around. And it's cute :] haha.

But I had the same problem with a carrying case for the 17 inch. It took me a year to finally find one. Again, we found it at the store I bought my first laptop, and my Macbook. But it was way worth the wait because it's really nice. But I tend to get a bit impatient at times..hehe.

What kind of music are you going to record? Jw. I've played around with garageband a little bit, but haven't tried recording anything. I'll need to get more practice before I can record my own songs haha.

I mean, I guess paying that much is worth it if it saves your laptop from getting damaged. And in my case, getting scratches.

But, would you rather pay taxes, or shipping? I guess it depends on where you are, what you're getting, etc.

6. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Oh yeah, that's true.
    I keep forgetting Apple sells the cases directly in their store.
    I've always bought my cases from InCase or Speck directly and had it shipped with both tax and shipping.

I got my 17" laptop carry bag at the thrift store for like 1.25, and it's amazing in every way.
    I got extremely lucky though, I haven't been able to find any other even semi-cool bag at any thrift stores, only really cheap plasticy nylon ones, or fake leather ones. and even the really cheap ones are like 4 bucks at least. And this one isn't just not un-cool, but it's cool.
    It's dark blue with tan straps tan, (blue is my favorite color) looks almost hand made kindof. But at the same time it's really, really good quality.
    And the straps are kindof big metal, it's hard to explain kindof. But I really like it. I just didn't want leather, or black.
    I actually didn't sell it with my 17" just because I like it so much, even though I'm not positive how it will work with my new 13". It matches my outfit most of the time too, since I usually wear blue and my shoes are tan.

17" is so nice to use, when you actually use it. But it almost feels like a chore to bring it anywhere, even if it's just carrying it from a table to the floor. (i usually sit on the floor to record)
    and that was just a no go.
    I'd rather just have something small that is like a little journal of all my music.
    I'm really excited to get a 13" whatever I get.

I use GarageBand too.
    I like it.
    You should just try recording something some time,
    and working with it and adding tracks and stuff like that.
    It will probably come out better than you think it will.

I don't really know how to put my music into a genre, pop / rock?
    I just use whatever instrument I feel like messing with. (I have a lot)
    harmonica, guitar, synth, flute, shakers, bongos, viola, air organ, kazoos, blah blah blah.
    I have a lot of songs and song notes recorded and stored on my Time Capsule which will be nice to have access to again.
    And I have a lot of songs I've been working on and just need to record them. I've got enough songs for an album, or even two. I just need to record them. I have the album artwork done and stuff, and the intro and outro or whatever you call it.
    I'm working on a song right now about trying to make the stars brighter because the lights from the city are drowning them out, so a group of 4 people explore the world looking for a giant light dimming switch.

And I wrote a song about a fox who is mad at the sun because it burned him, so the song is the letter the fox wrote to the sun saying he doesn't want to be friends anymore.

and a song about being a train, and a song about being a robot, and a song about winter, fall, spring, and summer, and ghosts. blah blah blah.

maybe we can collaborate some time, that would be kindof cool.
    i don't think music is about skill, i think it's about fun. so don't feel intimidated or anything like that to say yes, I'm not judgemental.
    I know most music people are snobs, which is the reason I make and play all my music by myself, because I can't stand them.

7. JessTheMess thread starter macrumors newbie

JessTheMess

Exactly lol. That's how I am with the stuff that I write. I like to have it with me in case I get an idea, or want to show someone something.

Hmm, I think I know what I'm doing tomorrow!
    After I finish the list of things I need to do.. :/ lol

That sounds awesome! Do you put your stuff up onto Youtube or Vimeo.com? If not, you should!
    I use both, I just started getting into Vimeo yesterday. I use youtube for random videos, and I'm going to use Vimeo for real videos, like a couple of my stopmotion videos.

Well, I have an electric keyboard(haven't touched in years) and my "precious", which is an Ibanez Acoustic Electric Exotic Wood guitar. I just started around Christmas, and I'm just messing around with it. I don't have time this summer for lessons though, so I've been living off of google and youtube for help.

I think music just comes from your mind and heart. I write whatever I'm feeling/thinking.

I'm not any good right now to collab lol. I'll get off my lazy butt and try to get some stuff together though. That would be cool. Summer is the best time for me since I'm still in hs, and my guitar and garageband will be put to rest until next summer when school begins. (Aug 2nd :( )

8. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

i haven't touched my keyboard in a while either to tell you the truth.
    i used to play only keyboard, and then i got an acoustic guitar so i've been playing that all the time since it's so easy to just pick up and play.
    i taught myself every instrument, and i taught myself guitar in like a week.

i don't upload my stuff to anything really, i have a myspace but I haven't uploaded anything super recent or anything like that. only like 2 of the songs were recorded through Garage Band, the others were recorded a really ghetto way through my desktop. long story.

that's www.myspace.com/thenarwhalspage

only halloween and row boat were made with garage band,
    and those songs kindof sound different than a lot of my other songs.

we should probably talk on AIM or something,
    I'm kindof surprised nobody has butted in yet to be like "this isn't a chatroom."

9. JessTheMess thread starter macrumors newbie

JessTheMess

yeah lol Aim would be better
    Mine is Cutigerfan05
    I'm on mostly after 6ish.

I'm on your myspace right now btw lol I like your music :D
    I'll add you if I can remember my myspace password haha

10. miicah macrumors regular

11. JessTheMess thread starter macrumors newbie

JessTheMess