working "iPhone 5" found in China, eye opening expo

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PracticalMac, Jul 4, 2011.

1. PracticalMac, Jul 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

(Original title: working iPhone 5 found in China. Must see video believe it or not)
    Another prototype escape Apple??

Well, I do not think so, but the film maker found a phone sold as "the new iPhone 5", and comes with an AWESOME ( ;) ) feature that looks to one-up the real iPhone.

The first 22 min of the video deals with Chinese black market, many examples of Chinese, ah, ingenuity?

Background:
    Japanese program about a Japanese war journalist, they call him "Samurai Journalist", traveled to China to investigate the black market there.

Video starts off with some advertising, the content of the 2 hour long show, and then into first topic, China Inc (2:30 in).
    4:30 Lots of boxes containing unknown cell phones on the way to...
    5:00 ..."the market", one of the massive Black Fleamarkets, mostly in cell phone and tablets.
    5:30 ad showing what looks like iPhone 4 with a keyboard attachment (looks pretty cool)
    The Chinese handler did not want to go in, he was scared of the bouncers at the door, or be marked, but that did not stop the "Samurai Journalist" to go in.

7:30 Juicy stuff starts here, showing Chinese will slap a logo on anything, even Christian Dior and Land Rover cell phones, neither companies make or brand cell phones (Land Rover phone claims to last a month on a charge).
    8:00 Some merchants keep stuff covered unless someone asks, since they want to avoid unwanted attention.
    9:30 start of the Logo hit parade, where phones have slightly different names to cheat the copyright. FYI: DCooMo is cheat for DoCoMo, Japanese #1 Cell provider, VIAC is cheat for Sony VIAO, etc.
    9:43 run-of-mill flip phone with great big Apple logo (a LOT more "Apple" stuff to come).
    10:20 iPad that needs Touch Pen. ;0
    (You see some quite amazing phone/devices as well)
    Then comes the big reveal, the iPhone 5!! (according to sales man)

Afterward "Samurai Journalist" goes to major university where the brightest learn to make electronics (and totally ignore the "Samurai Journalist" taking pictures of them all). The university even helps the students start up new businesses. (btw: when asked, students think it is OK to copy trademarks)

21:00 Close to the end "Samurai Journalist" interviews a major businessman in the industry, the one thing he said was "you must be extremely fast to make a product. If you hesitate, you are out of business."(IIRC). I often wonder if the 10 month product cycles Apple does is too slow.

Be amazed!

Link to the video.
    http://video.fc2.com/en/content/渡部陽一が撮った!これが世界の「戦場」だ 突撃!サムライジャーナリスト/20110703ZA1AUA6g/

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Has anyone clicked the link? Seems like a lot of stuff to type for spam so I'm curious.

3. Espionage32 macrumors regular

4. Blakey. macrumors member

The "iPhone" in the video has a receiver that can be pulled out of it as a TV tuner. Apple wouldn't dare make such a cheap novelty.

Edit: Here's an image of it for anyone who doesn't want to click and wait through the video for it.

[​IMG]

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You guys are wimps :D
    I clicked the link no problem here

6. EquilibriumGroup macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/9A5248d Safari/6533.18.5)

I've just woke the Neighbours up by laughing so hard :/

Funniest thing since Osama

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Glad I didn't waste my time with that

8. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

Haha, I'm still rofl:D

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Wtf !!

Ive just nearly wet myself with laughing.

I love these mock ups.

Brings a lighter side to the rumour mill !

" Rolls eyes "

10. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I clicked the link before there were any replies, saw that the video was super long and closed the new window. Just saw that screenshot above and started laughing about how stupid it is. Glad I didn't watch the video at all.

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You were fooled, it was spam after all.

12. jake4ever macrumors regular

13. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Thats quite a hoot!

TV phones are quite common in Asia, premium phones too.

It seems a lot of MacRumor readers don't have a sense of humor. If you did not have a laugh, then at least learn, but apparently some cannot do neither.

14. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

The part of the video about cell phones is about 22 min long, will update the OP...

15. Blakey. macrumors member

Oh, no worries, I certainly got a kick out of it. I just couldn't imagine Apple making something so awful. :p

16. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Me too, still laughing that people actually believe we killed Bin Laden recently, LOL wake up...dudes been dead for years. America is in a Military Industrial Complex trance.

Google "CIA Mockingbird"

17. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

I know you got it, thanks for putting that still up. :D

China is a juggernaut with enormous resources, the next Google, Microsoft, and (gasp) Apple are being created there.

18. carlgo macrumors 68000

Of course not. The real Apple antenna is thinner and only comes on the ATT version...

19. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Well I see Apple has stepped up and fixed the antenna problem!

20. Brocksby macrumors newbie

These are all rumors about videos and news of iPhone 5. unless Apple Inc. would not officially announces iPhone 5 all are fake and trying to deceive simple people and earn lot of money from them.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, I'm glad I didn't click on that link.