Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakespeare

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2002
Portland, Maine
Originally posted by iJon

Right click on my computer and go to hardware. then go to device manager. take a look at the specs on the video card VPC sticks you with. thats right, a nice 4mb video card. and to my knowledge you cant change that.

Ah, but you can change that, at least in VPC 6.

With your Virtual PC 'shut down', select the PC you want to change the video card memory for, press 'Settings...', and then choose 'PC Memory'. You will have options to change the amount of RAM and VRAM you allocate to your PC.

Mind you, the VRAM only goes up to 16 MB, at least on my system - perhaps still not enough to play games happily. But it's something.

benixau

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by Lz0
Why go to all that trouble just to run windows???

because there is no program like access. really. ms access is, well, access. and in a situation like mine, at a school, we need to use it.

i have to use it to complete my two computer courses for yr12.

of course ms cant be bothered to port access. why? filemaker has a hold and it is a huge program. access is IMO, the single most copmlex program in the ms office suit. it uses a custom db format to store everything in a relavtivley small file.

so there, thats why we run windows, oh and ahhhh quake and CS :)

Einherjar

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
bah

ROFL, I remember seeing this hack waaaaaaay back in early 2000 on a Hotline server. Old as hell. Works, from what I've heard. I might try it, seeing as I partitioned my drive for an OS 9 only volume..............

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.