World of Warcraft on a brand new mini?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by chuckyeager, Jul 19, 2009.

1. chuckyeager macrumors member

I looked at the info on this site, but it looks dated, from what I can tell.

I just bought a new mini today - the base model... It is not expected to be a gaming machine, I know... but IF I were to try and play WoW on it, can I expect it to function reasonably well? Mostly casual solo stuff... not raids... maybe the rare instance.

2. travisjacques macrumors member

yes. It should run fine, i would upgrade the ram if you want to raid and pvp seriously. But it should run the game fine as is. p.s. know anyone that wants to buy an account? haha

3. Apocrathia macrumors 6502

runs solid on my mini with everything maxed out running at 1920x1080.

4. chuckyeager thread starter macrumors member

Good to know. I really thought that video would really take a GIGANTIC hit vs. my PC.

5. asphyxiafeeling macrumors regular

asphyxiafeeling

define "solid" please! are you in OS X or Windows?

On my unibody macbook running at native resolution (1280x800)((?)) in OS X, i pull about 30 FPS in northrend, with view distance at like, 40%.

how can a mac mini have everything maxed out at 1920X1080! i thought it had similar hardware to a unibody macbook?

6. fcamilleri macrumors member

it should run GREAT.

The system requirements for WoW are insanely low.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It is one of the many brilliant things about WoW. :)

8. Apocrathia macrumors 6502

i never saw the framerate drop below 30. i'm running under osx. no boot camp for me, just light vmware use for random crap. i literally have everything maxed, running @ 1920x1080 on my 46" lcd tv, never saw it skip a beat. i have the current spec mac mini, it has 4gb of kingston hyperx in it which probably adds performance due to it being such low latency ram. i didn't expect it to run that well to be honest. the little thing is an effin powerhouse.