World of Warcraft on MBP

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Voski, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Voski macrumors member

Hey I bought my 17 inch MBP about 2 or 3 months ago and I am getting random spikes of 10-15 fps in WoW now. I don't have the settings on high and it is still happening.

I was wondering if that is normal. I usually run at around 30 fps.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm on a 15-inch MBP with the ATI x1600 GPU, and I'm having the same deal. Usually happens when there's a crapload of creatures or characters around. Probably has little to do with your computer and more likely something on WoW's end or your Internet connection.

3. jhamerphoto macrumors regular

Is it making you consider not playing WoW? Cause if so, your MBP is only thinking of your best interest. ;)

4. deriko100 macrumors 6502

Must be a fualty NVIDIA chip call apple care or take it to the apple store and see what they say.

5. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Sounds like it might just be what normally happens in gameplay.... in scenes heavy with monsters and calculations, your CPU has to do a lot more work.

Might have more to do with the CPU than the GPU.

And no, it has nothing to do with the "GPU defect."

6. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I agree. You should listen to what your MBP is telling you.... :D

7. b.k.jackson macrumors newbie

Probably Patch 3.0.2

Patch 3.0.2 introduced some lag to all of the realms. They're investigating (it's in the banner when you first log in).

Enjoy!

8. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I second this. Although I don't generally see decreased in FPS, but rather odd lag/freezes. Do you have lots of other processes running in the back lately?

9. Voski thread starter macrumors member

I had stopped playing for a while and I just started again because of the new talents.

It isn't a lag issue its a drop in FPS issue. Recently, in the last two days, the computer itself will actually just lock up or freeze. I won't be able to do anything except move the mouse. If I am lucky it will unfreeze and I can continue playing. If not I need to shut down the computer by holding the power button.

Any ideas?

10. wheelhot macrumors 68000

Yeah, cause if its a GPU defect, then you will be seeing "Special Effects" on the screen.

I am considering WoW now, thinking of sharing acc. w/ my cousin, then we can split the playing time, Im in college now and its hard to play full time, that's not including the time I will need for my studies, website, programming, cycling and photography. . . I NEED MORE THEN 24 hours a day!!!! :eek:

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Any location with a bunch of players and mobs seems to get pretty jerky. Many years ago "view distance" would drag performance down considerably. As I've only recently restarted with the game, maybe some adjustments there? I'm on a MBP and my frames tend to run some where from 20-70.