World of Warcraft Patch

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by dryice0077, May 10, 2009.

1. dryice0077 macrumors newbie

I am in need of the 1.12.0 to 1.12.1 patch for mac (enUS)
    If anyone has this, please PM me. I have been looking forever

2. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

Isn't WOW a lot further than that on version? Why do you need to go from 1.12.0 to 1.12.1 when there is a full patch?

3. dryice0077 thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone who played pre bc knows that the game was better, my friend didn't, i want to show him some stuff on it with a private server, but can't.

4. colocolo macrumors 6502

What can you really show him, besides different talent trees? The instances are all there in Blizzard servers, the content is all there; besides, you won't get the feeling of the pre bc days on a private server with 20 ppl in it, and probably with Onyxia roaming the Barrens.

And whatever your motives, it is still wrong to play on a private server. Nobody likes you to steal their intellectual property.
    I hope nobody here gives you the patch!

5. Ov3rlord Falc0r macrumors regular

Wow...

Can you relax a little bit please? If the (wo)man wants to use that patch then let him use it. Ya he probably shouldn't, but I believe in karma and it'll come back to bite him later.

6. colocolo macrumors 6502

I think its better to learn not to judge states of mind through something written. I am in no way stressed about this situation, so please don't infer my attitude.

Simply put, he is asking for something that shouldn't be spread in the wild, as it comes in direct detriment of the developers. It is a direct violation of intellectual property. As such, I really hope he doesn't get it, in behalf of the rightful owners of the software. That is all, plain and simple.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

So the private server does not provide downloadable content, imagine. :rolleyes:

8. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

How? He never said he's not paying Blizz $15/month...

9. colocolo macrumors 6502

According to what he posted, I assume he does indeed pay.
    I fail to see the relevance though.
    For two reasons mainly:

1.- the blizzard fee includes the right to endorse private servers?

2.- ( and this is what matters according to me) the whole point of my argument is that I hope no one here gives away a file whose whole purpose is to access an illegal server. This community always frowns upon piracy, and we would be walking a fine line if we helped this case.

Anyways, please everyone lighten up :). I do not think the op is. A criminal and I do not doubt his intentions at all. All I wanted was to make the point that giving away this file in order to grant access to a private server is something that is contrary to what I believe are the principles of this site.

10. dryice0077 thread starter macrumors newbie

I paid blizzard up until January 11th. At which point i quit the game, i do not want to return to the game that i have came to hate. But i waas on a site where i saw a listing for a preBC private server.

I doubt that its against the law or makes me a criminal to play on a private server.

11. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Well actually, the WoW license specifically states that you are licensed a copy of the software to use as long as you pay for it. You don't own it, and if Blizzard doesn't want you to play WoW without paying for it, they are within their legal rights to go after you.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The real question is would they bother? I think Blizzard's focus if they have one would be against the private servers. As a user of the private server, I think the most you'd lose would be all the time invested in your toons, but then ya never know. They might try to make an example of an individual, but again I don't think it would make economic sense.