World of warcraft

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by manmeet, Jun 25, 2009.

1. manmeet macrumors member

I downloaded WOW for my macbook 10.5.2 and no stupid answers, it is not working and gives a message - The file "World of Warcraft.app" could not be found. If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support.
    What to do?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Contact Blizzard.

Your problem? You downloaded WOW. Is WOW a program that you can download? Where are the physical CDs?

Call Blizzard and tell them your torrent file is not installing. See what they say.

No stupid answers so long as you promise the questions won't be ...

never mind.

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

^+1 You never cease to make me laugh Jessica.

4. kaltsasa macrumors 6502a

I downloaded WoW.
    From Blizzard.
    Takes forever and a day.
    Takes forever and a day with disks anyway because of patches.
    The moral of the story.
    Always keep an updated copy of wow on a 64GB flash drive.

The other moral of the story, if you paid for WoW contact Blizzard support, they will be better equipped to deal with this problem.

5. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

Did you download the installer from Blizzard? That is what you need, DL that, run it and it will take care of the rest for you. Now if you did all that and you get the error you need to contact Blizzard for support because that is too weird. If you downloaded a torrent to try and cheat Blizzard, LOL, bugger off.

6. raygungirl macrumors member

raygungirl

Hm... Even if you download a torrent of WoW, you still have to pay the monthly fee. So you'd only be getting out of a small amount of payment. :)

If you have Wrath of the Lich King install discs, supposedly they will install all of vanilla WoW and Burning Crusade as well as Wrath. Then you'll just have to download patches.

Good luck! I know it's a pain when WoW doesn't work right.

7. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

You still have you pay, the accounts wont work without the licence keys.

8. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

YOU ARE ASSUMING A LOT HERE. WOW. I downloaded this game w/o physical CD's. You just enter in the CDkeys into blizzard to register the game. I bought the game off someone but didn't want to pay shipping of the discs so I just asked for the keys via email and d/l the game client. OP said no stupid responses. This was stupid.

Even if it was d/l from torrent it doesn't matter, like people have stated above. People host the torrents also to download a lot faster than from blizzard directly. As long as you have a real account with game keys you're fine.

To OP: I would suggest trying to d/l and patch again from blizzard and see if it was just a bad install.

9. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

If the torrent was still the install file and not other forms, the OP should be good to redownload. Also one needs All previous versions of WOW to install Lich King, including the original + Burning Crusade. Many patches from torrents should work to speed up updates and downloads, but it sounds as if OPs download was corrupted.

10. thepawn macrumors 6502

thepawn

You can download the full Warcraft client form Blizzard for free, so it doesn't matter if its a torrent folks. :)

Since it requires a registered WoW account they don't care how the software gets out there.

Mine works fine, only thing I can say is D/L again?

11. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Whoa there. Blizzard actually provides a bittorrent-based download client for people who lost their discs or buy the game online. Free and legal.

12. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

As others have said... yes you CAN download the client from Blizzard (check your facts before you make a sad attempt to discredit anyone) it's a link right off their page and to the OP... Check to make sure the shortcut is pointing to the correct *.app. Or you can just goto the WoW folder (if you were able to install it) and find the World of Warcraft.app itself and drag it to the dock. Then run it.

Attached Files:

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Download the WOW trial, and use the 10 day trial account, simple and easy.

Then start your first toon, get to level 20 and finish a couple more quests, this should net you 2-5g real quick since the quests turn to gold instead of experience.

This may sound strange, but since you will be told to go to other areas, you can pick up some quests there when you type in your key.

14. Joerigoesmac macrumors member

Joerigoesmac

waaahhahahah ebay noob!

15. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

Fail with this post :rolleyes:

16. Anomalus macrumors newbie

Anomalus

Woah, what does this have to do with the fact that the Mac can't find the WoW file on his Comp?

And... umm... "you can pick up some quests there when you type in your key." made absolutely no sense :confused:

17. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

OK, hint spotlight, search for World of Warcraft.app

Creating a trial account and downloading the trial app is an alternative if the other download sources fail.

You can always upgrade that account with the key in the box.

If it is your first time with WoW the trial account gives you some time to play, and as soon as you hit lvl 20, it'll stop giving you exp and switch to extra gold.

Doing your first toon with a trial account will allow you to grab an extra 5-10g quick with a couple extra quests.

On your first toon an extra 5-10g can help.

Since you can do about 3 trial accounts per e-mail address, you can also try out all the character types without using paid time and simply activate the account with the character you really want to pay for. And grab a look at most of the starting areas, so simply going to one of those for some extra quests to make up for the ones you turned into gold isn't a big deal when you start paying.

---

If the OP has already used his game key, too late.

Edit: Download anything, the Lich King link would probably be the best, and start playing. The blizzard app will take care of it and download any other updates needed to play the game -- even if it updates painfully slow.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I'm wondering out loud why Blizzard does not offer a patch mechanism for players (with new accounts or are restarting after a period of time off) that inspects your WoW folder (after the initial DVD install) and just downloads what you need to get up to speed, instead of having to download possibly dozens of sequential patches?

Not directed at anyone in particular, but if you have an extra 15GBs to spare, it is well worth your time to keep a spare updated copy of the client.

Here is the link for the Blizzard WoW client download.