Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
i saw gibson at a local neighborhood dog event over the summer in the san jose area. i have a great dane too, but he's not nearly that tall (though he is taller than me when he's on his hind legs - probably about 5'6"). the only thing i worry about with gibson is strain on his knees and hips from being made to stand so much. dogs aren't made to stand on their hind legs like that, and i'm sure he weighs over 150 lbs, so that can't be good over time...

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Holy moly... that is one tall doggie. I prefer big dogs... that is until they do precisely that-- stand on their hind legs and tower over me. :eek: He looks like a sweetie, though.

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2004
Here
Shaq look out. i bet even the dog hits free throws better than him. heck he would probabaly just work for doggie bisquits and be just about as tall lol :D

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
cute

at 3 years old, he may get even bigger, or at least heavier

he looks like a big puppy still somewhat in his awkward phase

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Aarow said:
That dogs probally nicer than my chihauhau.
Seriously... I've met nastier meaner little dogs than big ones. There was this one woman in the area who walked her doberman and her doberman-marking-look-alike chihuahua all the time-- the tiny one was evil, pure evil, but the big doberman was the biggest sweetheart.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Amazing. It's good that Great Danes are generally so even-tempered. We had a neighbor that raised them, and one day one of her puppies got out and was roaming the neighborhood. Our dog was barking one night about 10:00 and I went out to get her inside and saw this dog looking over our gate, which was 4' tall. This dog was 6 months old.

We took her home, and she was still a rather clumsy puppy. Let me tell you, walking her back you knew when she ran into you. She almost knocked me over a couple times (I'm about 6' and was about 190 lbs at the time).

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
devilot76 said:
Seriously... I've met nastier meaner little dogs than big ones. There was this one woman in the area who walked her doberman and her doberman-marking-look-alike chihuahua all the time-- the tiny one was evil, pure evil, but the big doberman was the biggest sweetheart.

tiny dogs = pure evil, yeah i can buy that since i have seen it way too much...either they are mean or they can manipulate the heck out of you ;)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
devilot76 said:
Our neighbors have 3 chihuahuas and they tend to roam the neighborhood unattended. Except in our yard, since one of them almost got eaten by our labs when they wandered into our yard (and our dogs are sweethearts).

They're just these little yippy nasty buggers. I know some can be fine, but these are just annoying.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
A guy I work with has a Saint Bernard and a VW Cabriolet. He brought his dog to work on an off day, when it was a mere pup. At 9 months of age, the dog was 120 pounds. It was kinda funny seeing him get the dog back into the car when he left. The dog, sitting in the passenger seat, was taller than the man.

Don't know how related it is, but he recently traded in that Cabrio for a Honda Element.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Dogs shouldn't be smelly. If they are fed the right diet, they actually smell 'normal'. My dog has a pleasant smell. Her natural odor is actually quite pleasant and comforting, especially when I am cuddling with her in bed.

OnceUGoMac

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
katie ta achoo said:
Dogs are smelly, slobbery SMELLY creatures!

Grooossssssss

So are we. What's you point?

In reference to the OP: to quote my girlfriend's grandpa, "holy cows!"

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
"I've seen him twice now, and he's a really tall dog," a neighbor said.

Wow. That's a fine quote. :rolleyes:

Although the more I read it, the more it makes me laugh.

ANYway... cool dog. I've known a number of that breed, and they've all been sweethearts.

And KT: wait until you get married. You think dogs are bad? ;)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
emw said:
So my kids, but I love them too.

:D Class!

OnceUGoMac said:
So are we. What's you point?

you can put deodorant on a human.

...my logic is astounding, yes.

edit to add:
PlaceofDis said:
And KT: wait until you get married. You think dogs are bad? ;)
blah. that's what pre-nups are for.
"by signing this document, I promise to shower every day" or something along those lines.

kt = best amateur lawyer ever!

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
katie ta achoo said:
Dogs are smelly, slobbery SMELLY creatures!

Grooossssssss

haha, so silly, dont worry, i'd much rather cuddle with you silly ;)

i bet dogs and cats think we reek

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.