World's most innovative companies

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by PerfSeeker, Aug 2, 2010.

1. PerfSeeker thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm just trying to get more momentum to the "Fire Steve Ballmer" campaign.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

On an apple board :rolleyes:

There's no need to get more momentum here

3. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

I'll sign the petition. Let's take it to the streets! Let's protest Ballmer!

4. TSE macrumors 68030

Ballmer isn't all that bad...

Microsoft is not, and has never been an innovative company. What makes it successful though, is that it delivers on consumer's wants and needs and delivers a lot of the time a solid product.

Nobody can argue that Word isn't a bad product. Nor is Windows 7. Nor is Zune. Nor are a lot of the things that Microsoft makes.

Ballmer has just continued Microsoft's philosophy since day one: Don't innovate, just deliver on what the consumers want.

5. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Why? Ballmer is GREAT for Apple!

Visionless, incoherent, slow, you name it. Keep him! He's a great example of the Microsoft Way.

6. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Exactly, why would you want Ballmer out, keep him in for all I care, let the PC fanboys watch their company slowly crumble over the next few years.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

What companies that take 1 and 2 are good at what consumer want. Apple is great at following consumers and getting consumer to buy their product. But for business applications and the business world apple on the other had sucks and really has not added anything new to that market.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm surprised apple still sells the xserve and/or osx server, because of their inability to work with the business community.

9. PerfSeeker thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah Apple really doesn't care about explicitly doing anything for business. However increasingly iPhones and iPads are making their way into the enterprise anyways because employees demand them.

10. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

What has Google innovated as of late that has become mainstream? Most of the time I just see them buying out other companies for their "innovations".

11. Aadhil macrumors regular

12. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Did you even look at the article? First, it's from 2006. Second, Microsoft is in there at #4. :rolleyes: