Worst date stories

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, May 15, 2010.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Just had mine tonight

Picked her up, had a good time (or so I thought as we made convo easily), later went to bars where I bought her a drink.

One min later she tells me to hold her drink as she needs to make a call and will be right back.

15 min pass of me waiting like a fool where I decide to text her asking what is up and if she bailed (as I didn't want to leave her stranded)

She texts 5-10 min later saying she wasn't interested

I was sorta peeved. Have NEVER had that happen to me before and I have had my fair share of bad dates too but they were always respectful. Can't believe she didn't have the decency to tell me to my face, where I wouldn't have really cared.

Now I am in a coffee shop relaxing. aaaaahhhhhh

SERENITY NOW! for all my Seinfeld fans

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Sounds like a bit of an idiot to pull something like that, especially as drinks aren't free.

On the other hand maybe she peed herself or had a period come on and had to bail to save face :D

------

On my first date with my current gf we left the bar which has some glossy marble steps outside, she fell down them and I had to take her to hospital (she had 1 glass of red - she can't drink). Was packed being the weekend with screaming chavs who'd spent all night beating on each other, so had to wait for hours to get seen.

Second date with her was worse, she threw a tantrum over I can't remember what and we walked back in silence.

:cool:

3. iOrlando macrumors 68000

wow.

1) how did the date come about?
    2) I can something like that happening in a blind date.
    3) I live by the motto gotta keep them asking for more. I usually brush them off and make up excuses for why I cant hang out or do anything. It usually results in a even stronger desire to see me or move on to someone else.

4. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

7 years ago, she told me I made her sick to her stomach...

In a few weeks, we'll be celebrating our sixth anniversary. Go figure... :)

Sorry OP. That does suck.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

This one time me and my girlfriend were out flying a power kite. A sudden gust of wind picked her up and she flew a hundred metres or so and crashed into the ground. Fractured her neck (C4) no less!

Another time we were having dinner in town. On the way home a thunderstorm was hurled at us and we ran home with lighting shooting down all around us. Very very fun.

6. pooky macrumors 6502

Wow, lots of injury... mine doesn't involve that, just a solid dose of crazy...

Went on a blind date. The girl was training to be a therapist (should have been my first warning). The night was reasonably decent, but I got a mildly creepy vibe the entire time. Not enough to totally rule out a second date, but something made me vaguely uncomfortable. We say good night, I drive the hour home (this was in Los Angeles - everything is an hour away).

By the time I got home, I had about 30 text messages waiting for me from this girl. All friendly, but damn... Over the next 24 hours, they kept streaming in. I responded to a few, keeping up polite convo, but getting very weirded out. I finally turned my phone off for a few days after I got a message saying, "You know, I think I love you..."

7. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Talk about being obsessive....

8. pooky macrumors 6502

No kidding. It's the only time I've been genuinely worried that I might have a stalker.

9. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Ouch...:eek:

Had the two of you been out together before, or spent any time around each other? That seems a bit weird on her part.

Sorry that happened.

10. Surely Guest

Surely

Since you know where she lives, I say you TP her house.:D

What a B.

Everything in Los Angeles is 20 minutes away for me......:D

So here's mine:

This was back in 2002, back when internet dating was just beginning (I think), and was free (Yahoo! Personals). I was in school in Chicago, it was after the end of a semester, and most of the school had already gone home except for the people in clinic (me). I was bored, had enough of the girls at my school, and so I thought I'd branch out and check out Yahoo! Personals.

I connected with this cute girl, so we set up a date. She had me come to her place to pick her up (which I thought was weird.... what if I was a bad dude?). She answered the door..... she was totally hot..... I was surprised by my luck. The plan was to go to this cool place that serves dessert and martinis, and then go to a club afterwards. At the dessert place, she tells me that her friends are meeting us at the club. I'm not happy about that, but whatever. We have a good time, we get to the club, her friends are decent but overprotective of her. I assure them I'm a stand-up guy, and that I'm not planning on drugging her or whatever. We have more drinks, we dance, we make out on the dance floor. She has a tongue piercing.

Now, if the date ended right there, or if we went back to one of our places...... the perfect date. But here's where it goes downhill:

It's after 3 am, and she wants to go to an afterparty at someone's loft. I'm very drunk, don't know where the F I am in the city, and my car -along with the directions to her place- is at her place. So I reluctantly go with.

We get to the party..... it's just not my scene. Cocaine everywhere, people using needles in the bathroom.... just not cool. When the coke is passed to me, I say no thanks, pass it along, and she looks disappointed. Like I'm lame or something. That's when she decides she's not into me anymore. Great. Perfect timing for me. She disappears..... to do coke or whatever else in the bathroom, because when she reappears an hour later, she's wired. At this point, it's like 5 am, and I just want to go home. But I can't. If I leave, I won't be able to find my car. So, I have to stick it out. She disappears again. She reappears. I suggest we call it a night. She says okay, but then disappears again.

We left at 10:30am. I told her, thanks for the, uh, "good" night, got in my car, and never called her again. She called me a few days later, but I didn't bother returning the call.

/well that ended up being longer than I expected.....

11. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Maybe she read your other thread and decided she wasn't good enough for you?

12. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I was wondering when someone was going to bring up that thread.

13. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I couldn't help it!

14. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

And I wouldn't have cared as after all, that is the point of dating. My issue was she had to be childish in her approach. When I am not interested, I do not bail on them during the date nor make anyone feel foolish.

Uncalled for imo

Regardless, I don't see how my thread on who I am attracted to correlates to rude behavior in the slightest..
    That would be funny but no, I won't stoop to that level

15. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Eh, maybe you just weren't worth the hassle. She doesn't know how you would react.

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

In her defense, some people have a hard time rejecting someone face-to-face. I had blind dates where I couldn’t wait for it to end, so I would never see this person again. She probably just wasn’t attracted to you.

17. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Did you stuff the cucumber down your pants like I told you to?

18. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

Really? I can't think of a single excuse that makes that behavior acceptable besides being childish, which isn't an excuse really

Oh I have too but have you ever in those situations told someone "wait, I'll brb" and just never show up? I know I haven't

19. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Bailing, without telling you, in the middle of the date is low class.

20. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I really don't consider it childish. She was just removing herself from the situation and avoiding a possible confrontation, pretty smart in my opinion.

21. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

The childish part was not being truthful about it.

"Listen, I think I should be going." Then leave. Much more direct, and doesn't leave the guy sitting there for 15 minutes wondering what just happened.

22. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I don't know that I would call someone childish for not being truthful. That is just me though. Sure, it was insensitive, but not childish.

Maybe she sensed something a little off and wanted to get out of there and that is what she came up with?

23. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

We have different views on dating etiquette (being polite, respectful, considerate) apparently and I hope you don't do this to women you date

Anyways, this thread's intent wasn't meant to be about me, what are your guys' stories lol

24. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I have two stories and both of them are 100% truth. Every time there's an "awkward dating moments" contest among my friends, I always win with these gems.

1) I picked up this girl from a city about an hour from where I live. I pick her up, drive back to my place to meet up with some people, have a good time and everything is fine. At the start of the trip back to her place -- and I mean right at the start of the trip -- she gets a phone call. All I hear is:

"Oh hey!...What?....Really?...oh...."

I ask her if everything is all right.

"My best friend's mom just died."

Silence for the next hour as I take her home. She gets out of the car when I get there and runs to the door crying.

2) Different girl, about a year later. I pick her up and take her out. Almost all my planned activities fell through because it was right around the 4th of July and stores had closed up early for it. We ended up just going to the park and talking for a while. The date turned out good because we really got on. At the end of it I said I felt bad that everything fell through and I would like to take her out before I left the country for some church service. She said that would be great and we arranged a time to go to a local amusement park.

That day arrives and I give her a call to work out logistics. She answers the phone crying.

"I can't go...*sniff*...anymore."

"Why? What's up?"

"My mom died this morning of cancer."

I hear all of her extended family in the background talking, so she wasn't lying. I did my best to console her, hung up, and left the country the next day.

So what is this? Does God have some kind of odd sense of humor where he makes me be part of a mother's death during a date on TWO SEPARATE occasions? Bad luck.

P-Worm

25. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That’s what I was saying. I couldn’t just say “I’m not attracted to you” and end the date.

For example, one time I emailed a girl after a date and told her I had decided to only see another girl I was dating, blah blah. I was as nice as I could be about it. The email I got back was anything but nice.

Edit: Since you want our own stories, I’ll give one of mine. I didn’t actually have a date luckily. However, I was conversing with a girl who I met in a chat room and she seemed to be interested in me, so we went to direct PMing. After a bit more chatting, I figured she was way too young for me (she was in her low 20’s), however she seemed to act older. We eventually started talking on the phone, but she always had an excuse for not meeting. Anyway, long story short, she dragged this on and on for a month or so, until I said I was tired of it, and she either meet me at such and such place or I wasn’t going to talk to her any more. (I forgot to mention I only had her cell phone and would hear the landline in the background, but I didn’t have that number for some reason). Anyway, the truth came out that she was married, older than I was, and the pic she had sent me was her daughters. There were more lies, but that’s good enough.