WORST Experience with AT&T EVER!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CounterCulture, Oct 10, 2011.

1. CounterCulture, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

CounterCulture macrumors newbie

[For those of you too lazy to read my long story (sorry), long story short, i havent gotten a single email. NO T&C email, NO confirmation, NO working order number, an online back statement showing a charge, and stupid CSRs who arent helping. now im stuck.]

Ive been having so many damn problems with AT&T since the ip4s preorder date. and ive been with them for almost 7 years and been an iphone user since it first came out. its absolutely ridiculous and now im lost with what to do next.

10/7 #1: called AT&T to preorder ip4s. waited 20minutes to get thru. got thru and CSR said she had to redirect me to someone because of some sort of system failure she had. put on hold for 15 minutes then redirected only to have to wait another 15. got disconnected.

10/07 #2: called, took 20 minutes. got connected to some lady and told her my name and that i wanted to preorder. thru the process, she told me i couldnt do it because the account is still under my fathers name, (he opened the account for me yearsss ago but then i took over the payments and so on via online) i told them to transfer the information to me but she said she could not because im not my father.:( well duh, but i know his last 4 of the SSN. she said that it wouldnt help even though we both knew that thats the only way they verify who they're talking to. she pretty much told me to call back again....:eek:

10/07 #3: call AT&T BACK to preorder. got thru after 25minutes and got connected to some guy who claims hes based in texas. said i was my father and gave last 4 of SSN. all went smooth. proceeded to preorder and he told me that i was eligible for white 32gb ip4s for $299. cool. told him my info and about wanted to transfer information to "my son". gave new email yadda yadda. told me he was experiencing problems about selecting a "data plan".....when really i kept hearing AIM instant message sounds going off in the background NONSTOP. told me he'd ask his supervisor. put me on hold about 5x totaling about 45minutes - 1hr. asked for a direct call back number just incase we get disconnected. he said that he'll call me back if that was the case...and guess what, he puts me on hold then it cuts off. 10 minutes later, no call back.

10/07 #4: call back yet AGAIN. waited 30minutes. got some nice lady who finally placed my order in after telling her about my bad experiences. she also told me that there was no notes regarding the previous phone call and according to their system, no phone call even existed. :mad: try to stay calm because all is over and my order is now in....so i think. she proceeds to give me an order number and tells me that i'll be redirected to an automated message regarding orders. automated message said id received an email regarding Terms and Conditions and that i MUST accept it for order to process and within 24hours or my order will be cancelled. did not receive T&C email but read on macrumors that AT&T is experiencing delays and so i waited it out till the following morning.

10/08 #1: called, waited 15 minutes, and got thru. ask questions regarding T&C email. told CSR that my back account already shows a charge for the phone. was told that it is very unusual because they were normally just experiencing delays with confirmation emails and not T&C emails. they told me to go to wireless.ATT.com/tc to accept T&C but seems like the website doesnt find any pending request to accept T&C at all. CSR was very nice and told me he'd speak to his supervisor and would no longer continue picking up other calls until my problem was resolved. got off the phone and he called me back within 10 minutes. told me that it must be some error in the delayed systems and that i should have it by tomorrow (10/09). if not, call back asap and follow up to make sure order was not cancelled and that i would not lose my place in order line and receive by 10/14. (Best CSR experience thus far).

10/09 #1: called back, waited 20 minutes and got some stupid b*@!^. told her i didnt get the T&C email and she told me that im not supposed to get one. :mad: told her she was wrong and that i am supposed to receive one because everyone else who orders one did. told her that i better get the phone on time or else ill be angry. she told me that if i ordered on 10/7 that it might be on the way already. told her she doesnt know what shes talking about because it comes on out 10/14 hence why its a PREORDER. she started giving me a negative tone of voice and tells me to go to wireless.att.com/tc to accept it. told her that i did it the day before and it says "cannot find pending request to accept t&c...and if dont, youd receive order confirmation by email."...still no email. she kept saying "so you accepted it?" and i said NO it cant even find a reason to accept it and NO EMAIL. she replies "so then you already did it". i reply NOOOOO. told her that i havent received a since letter, text, call, email, or response from anyone saying that my order is being processed at all. for all i know, my bank account is the only way i know that it somewhat went thru. she puts me on hold for 10 minutes. gets back on the phone and tells me that i already accepted the T&C. :mad::mad: i get heated and tell her that she's clearly doing something wrong and that theres no way and she proceeds to give me even more attitude. tell her read everything on her screen so i know what crap shes looking at. she tells me to just wait and try again the day after. i ask to speak to her supervisor mid way during her stupid advice to call back. she says "...umm okay i can do that..." puts me on hold for 10 minutes. comes back and tells me that i should try to att.com/tc again. :eek: tell her to just stop and connect me with her supervisor. on hold again for 10 minutes. she COMES BACK AGAIN and tells me, "my supervisior says..." i stop her and tell her "i didnt ask you to ask your supervisor what to do. i asked to SPEAK with your supervisor." puts me on hold again only to come back AGAIN and tell me that her supervisor said i need to talk to AT&T Premier because the order is with them but their closed 5 minutes ago. :eek::eek: WTF! where the hell did this come from?! get the number and hang up on the stupid b*@!$.

10/10 #1: called AT&T Premier. waited 30minutes! got connected to some lady and the first things she ask are "Good Morning, what is your name, phone number regarding the call, and a call back number just incase we get disconnected". first thought, okay cool, they'll actually call back... -__- shouldve known better. right after giving my call back number, she says "okay how can we help you?" , i reply, "well ive been having horrible experiences regarding my iphone 4s ord....[hung up]". :mad: WOW! oh and, guess what...they didnt call back.

10/10 #2: call AT&T customer service to simply speak with a CSR cause maybe that stupid lady from 10/09 didnt know what she was talking about and calling Premier is wrong advice (she was the only one who told me anything about them). stupid idiot picks up the phone after waiting 20 minutes. he asks me what my name is, i reply, then he ask who the user of the phone is -__-... i reply. he says, "no the user.." -__- i said, ummm. me. im talking to you right now. he says "oh. thats right" tell him how stupid everything is going and he doesnt bother trying to help out my situation and do something new and instead just reads his notes and tells me that there was a note on their system about a CSR rep telling me to call premier. i ask why she was the only one who brought them up after numerous attempts and that she didnt know what she was talking about. he pretty much refuses to help me out and says that he cant see anything about my order at all on his side and that only premier would know. great....i hang up.

10/10 #3: call premier. get an automated message. punch necessary numbers to get directed to someone regarding orders only to come across an automated message about AT&T premier experiencing technical difficulties and to call back another time.... :mad::eek::mad:

what do i do now?! i still have no email regarding my order and the stupid order number the lady gave me after i placed it doesnt show up anywhere on AT&T's website! i havent gotten anything!

2. Kaenon macrumors regular

3. theBigD23 macrumors 6502a

Sorry that you had to deal with this. I don't understand why people order through AT&T. Go to Apple and order there. They had issues for about 2 hours and then made the ordering simple. Ordering through ATT, you lose your unlimited data if you have it, you get it shipped on 10/14 not delivered, and you have to deal with horrible customer service. The only reason not to order a phone through Apple is because of a business account and you cannot for some reason.

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Do you have an AT&T store in your area? It might be easier to go in and actually talk to a person.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Wow, you weren't kidding about it being the worst experience :mad::mad::mad::(:(:eek::mad::eek::(:(:eek::(:mad::(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad::eek:

6. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

...and why didn't you just try ordering online?

7. 2010RS macrumors 6502

just think... in the time it took you to type all that out, you could have had at least 2-3 beers, and you'd be feeling a lot better right now

8. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

If you had the last 4 digits of your father's SSN and the billing zip code you could have ordered at store.apple.com with a lot less hassle.
    That is assuming you have his permission, which I suppose you do. ;)

The phone would have to ship to the AT&T billing address though.

I would never expect a carrier to have the latest info on a launch day.

9. CounterCulture thread starter macrumors newbie

i was going to until i realized that the account information was still under my fathers name and address which is wrong. im out of the state at the moment and wanted to see if they could send it to me here. they told me they couldnt due to fraud. they did however say i could send it to an address in the same state as long as its within the limits of "Safety". according to them, they have to submit the zip code to see if it passes for a safe "not known for fraud" type of location. all went well and it was ordered and had my brothers place as the shipping address.

10. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you pay the bill online why on earth did you call??

It took me 5 minutes at 7am Eastern time to preorder my iPhone on Friday.

Edit: Ok just read your previous post. Probably should of updated that billing info many weeks ago when you moved. Lesson learned for next time I'm sure.

11. CounterCulture thread starter macrumors newbie

already ahead of you. im 4 chimays in as im writing this. great advice though. probably the best ive had these past few days.

12. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Don't mean to sound uncaring, but...

You called AT&T on the BUSIEST day they have EVER had - tried to upgrade a phone on someone else's account and have it shipped to an address nowhere near the billing address - and in the time it would take to straighten this out they could have sold 5 or 6 other phones - and the CSRs were not patient and accommodating? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying they should've hung up on you - I'm just saying - I understand.

[​IMG]

13. CounterCulture thread starter macrumors newbie

understood and i knew what i was getting into, but i also asked for a specific call back number...and they said theyd call back. its not my fault their **** isnt working. im a loyal customer just like everybody else. if im not allowed to have it shipped to another location, then tell me that. as soon as they said it would be a problem, i completely understood and didnt argue. asked for what i can do and they told me i can send it to my brothers. if that isnt allowed, then tell me that. period. how am i supposed to know what works or what doesnt? its their job to assist me.

14. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

All else aside, you have IMPECCABLE taste in beer :D

15. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I feel for you-going through something similar right now-some sort of problem with my order. Almost three hours on the phone with apple and att this am and its still not resolved. Now i'm just supposed to 'wait til tomorrow'. Great. Like you, i got one or two nice reps and two oor three total idiots during the six different phone calls ive been on this am.

I'm gonna eat a cupcake and take a vicodin. Or three.

16. CounterCulture, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

CounterCulture thread starter macrumors newbie

it also makes me frustrated that theres no way i can keep a track of whos helping me just incase i wanna report them. like the guy who was on AIM, for all i know, he could be hanging up on everyone he gets and just get paid hourly talking to his buddies via IM. i asked some other lady what her name was and she told me "Mary Jane"...yeah, thats believable. AT&T customer service should make it mandatory to have CSR state their full name and some sort of ID code and also review randomized phone recordings to assure that every rep does so. as a customer, how am i supposed to explain a horrible experience if they have no note about it in their system at all and no way for me to identify that rep out of the thousands they have?

[ADDENDUM TO POST:] but i hope all works out for you lionqueen! if you ever find a solution to the problems or find some way to get some stupid CSR fired, keep me posted.

17. lionqueen macrumors 6502

Thanks for commiserating back and offering me sympathy as well. Just what i needed.

18. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I would have ordered from Apple Online and confirmed the T&C, and while your order was being PROCESSED I would have changed the MAIL TO your NEW addy and you would receive another email confirming the addy change; approve the change confirmation and sit at home and wait...I'm just sayin' :eek:

19. Kaenon macrumors regular

Chimay Red, White, or Blue?

I am privy to Chimay Blue :D

20. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I have to point out the parts of your statement that aren't true.

First, no, you didn't lose unlimited data. You had to switch from Unlimited for iPhone to Unlimited to iPhone 4S. Yes, pretty damn sneaky of them, but you do get to keep unlimited data.

Second, the pre-orders that took place in the wee hours of the morning will almost certainly be delivered 10/14. This was true for countless numbers of us last year - we all got our phones delivered on launch day.

I'm not going to debate CS experience. Frankly, I've had good and bad CS experiences with Apple, Verizon AND AT&T.

21. Gurtz macrumors member

It was long but I understand why. I feel so much empathy for you! I really hope this all works out.

I don't work for AT&T but I am a store associate at a retail store and I would say almost without a doubt that the best thing to do would be to go to a brick and mortar AT&T store to speak with a manager. He won't be able to hang up on you and he more than likely will actually care and make sure you are taken care of. Plus he would know someone hire up to call.

The best of luck!