Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hungx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
You've gone progressively from model to model wanting more. Now you're at the top, so to speak, and even so? Not good enough. The color is wrong. :roll eyes:

You know exactly what you want to do, as you've argued with every single poster who's advised against it. So get it over with already if you've got that much of a hard on for a new color that you'll gamble with an Ebay iPad.

My suggestion would be to spend your time getting your testicles out of your wife's purse instead of sneaking around so you don't get in trouble from your mommy.

Not everyone can go to the Apple store and buy his/her dream iPad outright. I started with $400 and ended up with $700.

Like I said earlier, if you have nothing helpful to say, then don't say anything at all. It's people like you who make this forum a hostile place.

hungx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
I did end up selling it, but I didn't get the white one. I actually bought a brand new space gray iPad Mini off eBay for $670. There's nothing like a brand new iPad :)

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I did end up selling it, but I didn't get the white one. I actually bought a brand new space gray iPad Mini off eBay for $670. There's nothing like a brand new iPad :)

Wait, didn't you already have a Space Gray rMini?!

If I follow your thread this is what happened:

You bought a Space Gray rMini for $670

Sold it for $700

Bought the SAME model for $680

So, you went through all of this to "make" $20 and still didn't get the color that you wanted?

hungx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
Wait, didn't you already have a Space Gray rMini?!

If I follow your thread this is what happened:

You bought a Space Gray rMini for $670

Sold it for $700

Bought the SAME model for $680

So, you went through all of this to "make" $20 and still didn't get the color that you wanted?

The $670 rMini was used and was purchased in January.

Last edited:

hungx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
You say that like it's supposed to change anyone's opinion of you. :rolleyes:

The rMini I just sold is already 5 months old. I won't be upgrading my iPad anytime soon (next upgrade will probably be the iPad Mini 5th gen), so I'm considering getting AppleCare+.

I could care less of what people think of me. If you think my thread is a waste of your time, then stop replying. At least other people don't mind responding to my thread.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
The rMini I just sold is already 5 months old. I won't be upgrading my iPad anytime soon (next upgrade will probably be the iPad Mini 5th gen), so I'm considering getting AppleCare+.

I could care less of what people think of me. If you think my thread is a waste of your time, then stop replying. At least other people don't mind responding to my thread.

I just feel like I need to say, you wasted everyone's time here. Only people know not to bother wasting further time by commenting. But you seem to think that just because only one person spoke up, everyone else is fine wth it. Well, I'm not. And I doubt I'm the only other one who feel this way.

Saint.Icon

macrumors regular
May 11, 2014

Why should I censor myself because you don't like what I have to say? You came here, posted this thread, and people took their time to give you advice.

What did you do? You argued with them. You told them they were wrong. That their suggestions were wrong/wouldn't work/aren't what you want. They replied with further ones. Taking THEIR TIME to HELP YOU.

And at the end of it all, you sold your iPad Mini and bought the same exact one for essentially the same exact price. This isn't about it being a waste of time for me - you and your thread are a waste of time for everyone. It's so blatant that I'd argue that you're a troll, simply because it would astound me to see someone who is actually this much of a putz.

I think you owe an apology to the people who attempted to help you, plain and simple.

Kangda

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2014
All this discussion and indecision only to end up with the same model, same color iPad, but new and for $20 less? Seems like a lot of heated debate and pondering for nothing. If I were OP, I wouldn't even have provided an update out of embarrassment.

Regardless, enjoy your new iPad OP.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007

Based on your track record already, I say you'll be upgrading sooner than you think and will probably start another thread asking for more advice. :)

hungx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Davis, CA
Why should I censor myself because you don't like what I have to say? You came here, posted this thread, and people took their time to give you advice.

What did you do? You argued with them. You told them they were wrong. That their suggestions were wrong/wouldn't work/aren't what you want. They replied with further ones. Taking THEIR TIME to HELP YOU.

And at the end of it all, you sold your iPad Mini and bought the same exact one for essentially the same exact price. This isn't about it being a waste of time for me - you and your thread are a waste of time for everyone. It's so blatant that I'd argue that you're a troll, simply because it would astound me to see someone who is actually this much of a putz.

I think you owe an apology to the people who attempted to help you, plain and simple.

I'm not asking you to censor yourself. You said yourself that you thought this thread was pointless. If you feel that it is not worth your time, then don't reply.

Saint.Icon

macrumors regular
May 11, 2014
I'm not asking you to censor yourself. You said yourself that you thought this thread was pointless. If you feel that it is not worth your time, then don't reply.

I'll stop replying once you give the people that attempted to assist you the apology they deserve.

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
I should have clarified, but I'm selling it on Craigslist, so I can still decide if I want to keep it or not.

Ahh... that does change things. :) Then my advice would be to be especially careful of scammers and meet in a public place; you know, the usual CL advice lol. Best of luck.

Saint.Icon

macrumors regular
May 11, 2014
Ahh... that does change things. :) Then my advice would be to be especially careful of scammers and meet in a public place; you know, the usual CL advice lol. Best of luck.

He sold it and bought the same exact iPad again. The entire topic is beyond idiotic.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I want the five minutes it took to read this of my life back. It's clear this person is a troll.

AT101ET

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2012
UK (London)
Don't know why, but the white Mini doesn't seem to do it for me.
Then again, this is your tablet, so I guess doing what you want best/most is what you should opt to do.

rajpatel

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2013
Seriously, that is insane. To sell an ipad and then buy the exact same type you sold. If you can't see that, nobody can help u

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Actually, I'm neither losing money nor gaining money. I bought my current iPad Mini for $680 secondhand, and I have an offer for $700. I'm expecting the iPad I want to go for at most $700, but there's no guarantee since the auction ends Saturday. My previous iPad Mini was white, so that's why I went for the white case.

If the swap won't cost you anything why even bother asking? Get the color you want.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I did not read the thread, only the subject line.

White can get dirty more easily and I rather stream movies/video with the black because white border is a distraction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.