Worth returning Apple Watch series 3 for Nike+?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dizle, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Dizle macrumors 6502

I don’t care about the Nike run club, but I would like the Nike Watch faces. I know you can’t get rid of the Nike run club compilation. Is it worth returning my series 3 just to get the Nike+ Watch faces?

2. techspin macrumors 6502a

3. Frankfurt macrumors 6502

Frankfurt

No. I got one, but only because the regular SG was not yet available and I could pick up a Nike one at the Apple Store. I restored from a S0 - so have not even loaded the NRC app (and won't). The Explorer face is what I am using the most.

4. sbmeyer001 macrumors newbie

Well, for me, as I like the Nike band best, I got the Nike watch. The additional watch faces are nice, and I swap between them when working out or in nightstand mode. So, yes, better choice.

5. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Depends if you want the Nike watch faces that badly

6. deeddawg, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017

deeddawg macrumors 604

There's not a cost difference, so you're not paying any more for the Nike version. If you like the faces and the band, it seems a no brainer to buy the Nike version. You're not prevented from using any of the other faces or apps, and you can turn off the NRC app being on the watch if you like.

7. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Yes, for either the traditional Nike Sports band or the new Apple Sport Loop. Those bands alone made it worthwhile. With my Nike + S3, I got the Pure Platinum Apple Sport Loop. I may soon purchase the Pure Platinum Nike Sport band as well.

8. Senfinger macrumors member

Thought I read previously that the Nike App Complication/Widget wouldn't remove from all watch faces? That's why I went with a reg sport. Did they fix that? I read that in several areas in my research.

9. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

The only watch faces you cannot remove the NRC complication from are the Nike Watch faces.

10. geemiller05 macrumors 6502

If you want the faces that much then you have no choice. Whether it’s worth it or not is up to you. I bought the Nike+ exclusively for its extra watch faces. The breathable band was a nice addition. Costs you nothing extra. So why not? And as far as the Nike complication goes Capt Marvel is correct. It is only non-removable on the Nike+ digital face. If you use Nike+ analog like I do you actually get to use 3 complications separate from the NRC one.

11. Leica Dad Suspended

Leica Dad

I think so!
    I bought the Nike+ one accidentally, I was just going to exchange mine 38mm to 42mm, and happen to went on the Nike edition release date. So this is my first Nike+ watch, I think the faces alone is worth it, since there is addition cost.
    The nike sport band is also so much more comfortable than the regular one. Besides being more breathable, the holes actually made the band more flexible, hugs better around my wrist.

12. Orangeman13 macrumors 6502

Orangeman13

13. FoxD macrumors 6502a

Wish I would have gotten Nike version. I didn't want to wait for it to get in stock so passed...wife waited extra two weeks and got Nike. I want those faces now!!!! Shoot.

14. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

Yea the nike faces so far are my favorite. Can't beat the digital ones!

I was tempted to get the regular AW on release, but glad I held out.

15. wim.v, Oct 8, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017

wim.v macrumors member

wim.v

That's funny. I was also doubting if I made the right choice... I pre-ordered an Apple Sports Watch S3 on day 1. All the regular watch faces are so dull and ugly IMHO. Nike watch faces (and hermes) are great. So last Thursday, in the last minute before my return window would close, I pressed the "return order" button and I ordered a Nike watch instead that will arrive tomorrow. My first watch is going back in the brown box I receive my Nike watch in.
    So glad I made the choice to exchange!! I'm not going to regret this.

16. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

What shortcuts do people have on their watch face?

Thinking it will be date, music and workout

17. wim.v macrumors member

wim.v

Shazam :)

18. deeddawg macrumors 604

Activity, Date, Weather (temperature)

19. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Guessing the nike logo on the top left isn’t removable?

20. mk313 macrumors 6502a

Yah, on the Nike faces, you can't remove the Nike link, so my shortcuts are Nike Run Club, Music, Weather, and then Date across the bottom.

21. deeddawg macrumors 604

Not on the Nike faces. You can add it as a complication to other faces. I like the Nike Run app well enough so it doesn't bother me, plus you get three user-added complications on either the digital or analog style faces.

22. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Cheers

Hoping to get mine soon so wondered if it’s just a nike logo or leads to the nike running app.

23. deeddawg macrumors 604

It is a "fixed" complication that opens the Nike+ Run Club app on the watch.

Don't know what it does if you disable the NRC app (from the phone's Watch app you can make the NRC app not display on the watch).

24. FoxD macrumors 6502a

Ok, so I may return mine now. I want those Nike faces. Curious if I need to call att or if I wipe it clean will att know I don’t have the watch? Curious because I just know so,etching will get screwed up.

25. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Thanks for that

Mine arrives 3rd November so looking forward to trying it out