Worth switching from Galaxy S7 Edge to iPhone 7 (not plus)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by echeung3, Nov 3, 2016.

1. echeung3 macrumors newbie

echeung3

Hi guys,

Would love some feedback here, just some quick background info.

My first iPhone 6 Plus with Verizon bent and I was able to get a free replacement from Apple despite it being out of warranty. However just a few months ago the replacement bent as well -____-

I was frustrated and didn't want to pay $350 for another iPhone 6, so I traded in my phone to T-Mobile and got on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge train. It was initially cool and I did enjoy it, however I'm getting to the point of getting annoyed with how buggy and slow it is (probably because of the bloatware).

My question to you now is, is it worth me selling my Galaxy to get the iPhone 7? Or should I hold onto it until the iPhone 8 comes out. Is it a big upgrade from the iPhone 6 to the 7?

Thanks

2. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

3. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Get the 7. You watch, this time next year these forums will be filled with iPhone 8 issues and problems.

4. macTW Suspended

First off, I owned a 6 and it never bent, despite constantly being in my back pocket as I sat down. Secondly, I went from a 6 to a 7 and love it. There really aren't any "amazing" changes, but the water resistance, camera, 3d touch and overall zippiness of the vastly improved internals made the upgrade worth it for me.

5. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

I'm currently using both the S7E and iPhone 7 and can't really say one is better than the other. Both have their mix of bugs, but I think the 7 has a smoother, more refined experience. I actually prefer Android apps over iOS as I can dismiss advertisements (example:Tennis Temple) with the back button. HealthKit has some great integration with third-party apps except Fitbit (I essentially have to use MyFitnessPal to sync with Fitbit which can then sync to HealthKit) and beats Google Fit/S-Health.

I could go on and on but in the end they're both great devices. The iPhone 7 is my daily driver currently but I would have no qualms having to switch back to my Edge.

6. Disx macrumors newbie

Do you miss the bigger screen when you use the 7?

7. T48 macrumors newbie

Maybe go to an Android forum to try to determine what bugs you have & what fixes are available before spending the cash to trade?

8. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I went from an S7 Edge to the 7+. The camera is definitely a downgrade. I'm already bored of my iPhone, I'd wait for the next iPhone.

9. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

I switched from iPhone 6 to the S7 Edge and so far I'm doing very well. This is my first ever android phone. It took me a couple of days to get used to it, but so far I'm liking it very much. It has a pretty neat design and the Exynos processor on my 935F model is pretty awesome. Especially for well programed emulators and demanding apps.

I've been a long time apple fan boy but recently I sold my 5k iMac (which I really didn't used that much) and my iPhone6 and I'm not feeling too bad. I could've upgraded to the iPhone7 but didn't find any convincing feature or innovative diferentiator from the iPhone6. After this period I might go back to iPhone or at least thats what I'm thinking today. I'll see how it goes with android in the long run.

10. DUIduckSAUCE macrumors 6502

DUIduckSAUCE

Get the 7 on some kind of upgrade program. No need to wait for the 8. I too got tired of my buggy s7 and switched back to iPhone. The hardware and Samsung pay are things you will miss, but iPhone software is superior. You can keep your s7 as a vr machine if you buy a gear headset.

11. dhc921 macrumors newbie

I have used iPhone 7, 7+, galaxy s7, 7edge in the past 3 months and here is my conclusion.

If you want a big phone, go with a iPhone 7+. The s7 edge handles smaller but it doesn't handle well. Because the almost bezel-less design and capacitive buttons there are a lot of accidental touch.

If you want a smaller phone, galaxy s7 is the way to go. 5" is about perfect and the battery life is not too bad. That's what I ended up using right now.

12. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I'm actually thinking of doing the opposite. Going from a 7 to a S7 or S7 edge. The iPhone just looks and feels exactly the same as every iPhone I've had before. Plus I'm really growing annoyed with iOS notifications and iOS in general. iOS 9 wasn't bad but the new style notifications I do not like. The S7/S7 edge feels different to me. I would be going with an unlocked version so I'm not concerned about bloatware.

13. coney718 macrumors regular

No experience with the 7 yet..still waiting but been going back and forth between my 6s+ and the S7 Edge in the past few months. The S7 is a great phone and I enjoyed many things about like the camera, screen resolution and file system to drag and drop music/pics. But overall i just think iOS is a better user experience than Android. Much more smooth and fluid, apps are more polished and have more functionality and battery life is better. I think iPhones just hold up better in the long run due to how well its optimized and timely updates as my experience with Androids it seems to slow down alot requiring factory resets and such. My year old 6s Plus runs just as smooth as when I got it..especially on iOS 10 while my 4 month old S7 has slowed down...not alot but noticeable.

14. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

This alone is worth it. Any iPhone will do.

15. jshtroutman macrumors regular

jshtroutman

I went from the iPhone 6 to the edge back to a iPhone 7. The edge was the best android phone by far that I have ever used. I just couldn't live outside of the apple ecosystem. Really missed iMessage and wanted my smaller 4.7 sized phone back.

16. pixel_junkie macrumors 6502

pixel_junkie

Bloatware can be disabled/suppressed to the point where there's no sign it was ever on your phone to begin with.

17. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I went from an iPhone 6s+ to an S7E back in July. Hated the S7E and went back to iPhone (7+) at launch.

To each their own, but the iPhone for me is just way more reliable, more secure and less "buggy". My S7E battery was horrible and I hated all the bloatware, and other nonsense.

I am on the IUP so can upgrade to the 8 when it comes out. :)

18. wxman2003 Suspended

I had the S7 Edge, sold it and got the iPhone 7. I do miss the AMOLED screen, but that's about it. My iPhone 7 actually gets better battery life that the Edge. When listening to music via headphones, the iPhone 7 sounds better. I actually prefer the smaller 7. So when the 8 comes out, I will probably not go the + size. If you are going to sell it, try selling it on swappa. Android phones really take a hit if you sell to Gazelle, BuyBackWorld, etc.

19. echeung3 thread starter macrumors newbie

echeung3

I suppose, I mostly just miss how smooth iPhone runs.

The screen real estate felt fine on the smaller iPhone. Not sure how different it is from the 7 and 7 plus besides the screen/battery and camera.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 4, 2016 ---
    Do you guys have any tips on the best way of getting back the iPhone without losing a ton of money?

Like for example, should I sell my Galaxy on eBay or Amazon or trade in? Or is there an upgrade program where I can trade in my phone for a new one and just finance/buyout off that?
    How did you sell it? Would you say the best way of getting the most money back is through swappa and not trading it in?
    Also I still owe about $400 left to T-Mobile because of financing.

I can pay it off no problem, but if I wanted to go back to iPhone what would be the best steps in doing so while saving the most amount of money?

:) Thanks guys

20. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502a

Yes I have Verizon to and I had the s7 it was the worst phone ever battery had to be charged 3 times a day and lagged like hell. I got the regular iPhone 7 and I love it. It's my first iPhone. But with Verizon you will be on the edge plan and you can trade the iPhone 7 in on the iPhone 8 this time next year.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 5, 2016 ---
    Being you have the s7 you can probably trade it in on the iPhone 7 with giving them a little cash and giving the phone back to them that's what I done. Love the iPhone alot more.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 5, 2016 ---
    Don't do it man I use to be only android said I would never own an iPhone. That s7 I bought was the biggest pos ever. I bought 4 of them cause of my family plan and they are all sh*t!!!

21. wxman2003 Suspended

I had an unlocked verizon S7 Edge and had no problem getting over $400 for my phone on swappa. Since you still owe money on your t mobile version, I do not know if that's unlocked or not.

22. yungskeeme macrumors regular

yungskeeme

I just got rid of my S7 Edge. I would say if you can part ways with the bigger screen (7 Plus) then the regular 7 should be fine. I have the 7 Plus since I couldn't go to a smaller phone and I have no regrets

23. hijibiji, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017

hijibiji macrumors newbie

G930UUEU4BQD2 Galaxy S7 SM-G930U Firmware (full speed download link)

Firmware Details:-

Android Version: – Android v7.0 (Nougat)
    Release Date: – June.2017
    Device: – LG Stylo 2 Plus
    Software version: – K55020a
    Type:- “ kdz ”

Download LG Stylo 2 Plus Android Nougat Update
    Link: https://www.gizrom.com/lg-stylo-2-plus-nougat-firmware

Source: gizrom

If you were helpful with this post, please hit like button ;)
    Thank you