Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Been waiting for a bigger revolution to be honest. Skipped the generations of other form factors because there was not much in it. Bit better here and there. Any other folks considering to move from 4s to the new Xs Max? Or you think in the next 2, 3 or 4 years we will see something radically different?

Caspavio

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2018
1) i have no idea how your 4s survive for so long

2) i cannot imagine what is the definition of revolution in your dictionary

3) no, we wont see something radically different

im apologise if i sound mean. i think it will really worth your while to upgrade, and it doesnt even have to be XS max. it could be iphone SE or 6, or heck even an android phone.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Been waiting for a bigger revolution to be honest. Skipped the generations of other form factors because there was not much in it. Bit better here and there. Any other folks considering to move from 4s to the new Xs Max? Or you think in the next 2, 3 or 4 years we will see something radically different?

You don’t think an iPhone X is radically different than your 4S? I’m sorry, but I want whatever it is you’re smoking.

d5aqoëp

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2016
I don’t think it’s worth. Since you have waited 7 yrs since 4S, it wouldn’t hurt to wait 1 more year. I hear that next year’s iPhone might not have any notch with camera and infrared sensors hidden under the screen.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
Judging from his post history, he has a newer iPhone (looks to be a 6s). So I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is.

An iPhone 4s simply won't do in 2018 unless the usage is extremely basic (such as phone calls / texts and very light gaming).

mpConroe

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2017
Arbroath (UK) / Wroclaw (PL)
Meanwhile, you are discrediting Apple as a company who values privacy in other topics...
How can you live with 4S? I had this iPhone for 4 years and the last year was a nightmare.
Upgrade it, but chose XS. I had 6S Plus after 4S and now I've XS and this size fits me much better.

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
Nah man, your good!

Reactions: Jovijoker

Kulfon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
I don’t think it’s worth. Since you have waited 7 yrs since 4S, it wouldn’t hurt to wait 1 more year. I hear that next year’s iPhone might not have any notch with camera and infrared sensors hidden under the screen.
This is what I had in mind. The iPhone still runs Ok.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
This must be a joke.

I heard that there will not be any iPhone in the current form in 2030. Better wait until then. Better spend your whole life waiting. :p

ferjilo

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
w Polska
Not a big change. Only worth the upgrade if you own an 3G, even with an 3GS you won’t notice a significant change

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
You don’t think an iPhone X is radically different than your 4S? I’m sorry, but I want whatever it is you’re smoking.

It will not be that different as the OP will put a piece of tape on the camera as he fears who is watching him and refuses to have his face scanned. The MAX will be like his old phone but larger. Will have to use a passcode every time.

Thinking this is another troll post.

cracksoup

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2014
Use what you got as long as you're comfortable with it.

But since you came here and asked the question if it's worth upgrading, I guess you're already thinking of upgrading.
There probably won't be night/day differences between this year's XS and next year's XI. However, there definitely will be a night/day difference between your 4S and any modern iPhone.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Worth it? Nope considering the size and weight and a zillion other things you are use to still having that iPhone. If you haven’t upgraded by now, ......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.