Worth waiting for Rev. B?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kinkster, Nov 21, 2008.

1. kinkster macrumors 6502a

I was going to one of the new macbooks but haven't had a chance yet.

Would it be worth waiting for Rev B?

And also when will reb b probably come?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

1. No, because Rev B/G (B for Al, G for overall) of the MacBook is quite a while away. And the speed bump that these new ones will receive will not be of Nehalem, but of more advanced Penryns with bigger L2 caches.

Rev C/D of the Al MacBook will be worth getting though...

3. kinkster thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think I might have used the wrong term.

I thought Rev A were the first ones made, and then Rev B was the second group of them with most of the manufacturing problems straightened out.

Or do they just straighten them out as they go and there's now way to tell?

4. Buckles474 macrumors newbie

rev B is quite a while away. everything about my Rev is is perfect, Rev A just seems bad because 3/4 of the posts on this site are negative. you have have to remember that when people are happy, they are content, and dont post about it.

get the rev A, and be happy! :)

5. bobdard macrumors regular

the latter. you can't tell; they just fix them as they go along...but honestly apart from the trackpad issue (which was fixed with a software update) there hasn't been much else.

6. Bwilky macrumors regular

Here we go again. There will always be better stuff. Just buy it and enjoy it :)

7. southerndoc macrumors 65816

southerndoc

All the problems I've had (barely audible whirring noise from a fan/hard drive, grease on the glasspad from keys touching it, slanted function keys, and a slight gap in the battery cover) are all tolerable. I didn't take mine back.

If you expect perfection, you won't get it. If you can live with a few flaws, the MacBook is a great machine. Very sleek and sexy, and super fast.

8. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I believe Apple will either make backlighting across top 2 models or add FW (like they did with MBP and Alu PowerBook 15")

9. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

You can wait for rev B and it'll probably be better. But then when B comes out you can wait for rev C because it'll be even better, and so on. There comes a point when you have to decide if you're gonna always wait and wait or if the current issues are tolerable.

10. Carnivor macrumors regular

Carnivor

Just bite the bullet, if you want one get one, there will always be a new version, you can't win, you cant beat the system, just go with the flow.

11. molala macrumors 6502a

It will probably come out around April, 6 months per revision is the average.