Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4489004/Apple-bundle-free-AirPods-iPhone-8.html

http://hothardware.com/news/apple-iphone-8-sales-bolstered-oled-display-free-airpods

That's a rumor stirring, is that that (in addition to OLED) will help 'bolster' iPhone8 sales that could have a price tag of $1,000+

I'd be a little ticked (understatement, but not overly ticked), but I'd probably just sell the included ones or give them to someone in my family that wants wireless headphones

I'd just prefer a cheaper iPhone 8 without it included,
especially for as hard as the ball continues to be dropped for 6 week out shipping times STILL

I can't imagine being someone buying AirPods, just 2 months or something before iphone8 wait 6 weeks for it to arrive and be SOL, only to learn they're included and get FOMO for the newest model. Or to not, and wait, thinking they will and then not and wasted all that time for nothing. That's rumors for you, but sucks to be an apple consumer sometimes!

Reactions: Sunny1990

chilman

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
I don't have the airpods yet, I think it's wonderful if it came with the iphone but, that will not happen. How much more money can apple earn with $159 each? And it may cost more in other countries.

Reactions: jbachandouris

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Don't care either way...I would use the dongle or get a BT earphone with longer battery life.

The EarPods are unattractive (and I think the fit is so-so at best) and I don't know why people are clamoring for them.

It would be funny if Apple does include them with the new phones. All the early folk would be angry as heck.

Let them!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunny1990

Beenblacklisted

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2011
Miami,Fl
would be happy actually.

love my air pods but hey whats another pair? can use some at home and leave another pair in my gym bag
[doublepost=1494428173][/doublepost]
you don't plan on buying another iPhone ever again then?
im not thats for sure, after what ive experienced with my iphone 6 and ios10, no thanks.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Not going to happen. The AirPods are still 6 weeks out in shipping and by the time Apple does that to the next iPhone, it would be more harder to find the next iPhone in stock. I don't see this happening.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4489004/Apple-bundle-free-AirPods-iPhone-8.html

http://hothardware.com/news/apple-iphone-8-sales-bolstered-oled-display-free-airpods

That's a rumor stirring, is that that (in addition to OLED) will help 'bolster' iPhone8 sales that could have a price tag of $1,000+

I'd be a little ticked (understatement, but not overly ticked), but I'd probably just sell the included ones or give them to someone in my family that wants wireless headphones

I'd just prefer a cheaper iPhone 8 without it included,
especially for as hard as the ball continues to be dropped for 6 week out shipping times STILL

I can't imagine being someone buying AirPods, just 2 months or something before iphone8 wait 6 weeks for it to arrive and be SOL, only to learn they're included and get FOMO for the newest model. Or to not, and wait, thinking they will and then not and wasted all that time for nothing. That's rumors for you, but sucks to be an apple consumer sometimes!

Nope, because I don't plan on getting an iPhone 8 :).

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
IF the iPhone 8 included AirPods, then Apple would bake them into the phone price somehow. So, no, I would not be mad.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
I wouldn't care one way or the other, if I get another pair of them, I'll give them to my sister, she's been looking for new wireless earbuds anyways.

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
I'd be mad if they rose the price of iPhone just to include AirPods.
I don't think they'll include AirPods for free, so either the price will be higher or they'll continue to include the lighting version of EarPods

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
I think airpods bundled with the "premium" phone would be a classis Tim Kook move to justify the ridiculously price.

Reactions: mrex

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
There's always a way to view things negatively I suppose.

But... every iPod I've ever purchased came with a set of earbuds.

Every iPhone and iPod I've purchased came with another charging / syncing cable.

Even though I already had these items and didn't need them, Apple included them anyway.

I suppose I could be upset. But... consider that it's useful for those that don't already have these items. And for those who already do, they now have a reserve set as spares.

Now... if we want to get upset about something, how about every iMac coming with another screen whether I need one or not, and also being unable to keep using said screen with any replacement computer I might purchase if said iMac dies. Now there's an example of waste and unnecessary expense being thrust onto users who need more than a wimpy mini or lack the funds for an overpriced Mac Pro.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I wouldn't be mad. I'd probably just sell the AirPods I already own. No use in having two sets.

Reactions: Bojan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.