Ask yourself this, Would the XS offer you anything over your X that would entice you to upgrade? If not, then I would just keep your X until the iPhone 11 launches.
To clarify, you’re being offered $425 for your X, and you’d pay an additional $585 + tax for the XS? You won’t be saving any money to buy the XS and then sell that and buy an 11 when it’s released.
I think $585 is with trading in or selling his X. I think he was asking if it would be cheaper to sell the X now and get the XS because when the next iPhone comes out it will be worth more to sell or trade in than an X.If you are getting an XS for $585 , it's stolen. (Or on some kind of contract - and so you are paying anyway, just in a non-transparent way.)
I get ATT Next Every Year. It's a no-brainer. You can turn the phone in every year for a newer (or, really, any), model, and start over on the agreement, or keep it, and keep making payments. In any case, you are getting financing over 24 months with 0% interest. (30 months for regular Next, and you can turn your phone in for a new one every 2 years.)
If the phone has depreciated less than ATT has bet on, you can just buy it from ATT for the remaining balance and then sell it yourself.
There is one hitch. They cleverly designed the program so that your renewal date slips at least one month every year. (More, if Apple was late with updates.)
There is always a buyout price, and a "renew" price.
No I'm getting the XS for 585 WITH tax!To clarify, you’re being offered $425 for your X, and you’d pay an additional $585 + tax for the XS? You won’t be saving any money to buy the XS and then sell that and buy an 11 when it’s released.
No! not trading in. out of pocket 160I think $585 is with trading in or selling his X. I think he was asking if it would be cheaper to sell the X now and get the XS because when the next iPhone comes out it will be worth more to sell or trade in than an X.
So you think it’d worth the $160 bc if I hold the X it won’t be worth as much and would get back more with the XS and even recover part of the $160?How is that you are getting for such a low cost? Once you answer the question and are satisfied, you can go and buy. XS will be worth 160$ for you. Especially since you can recover part of it in resale value.
That’s only in the US right? I have no problems in the UK and don’t see anyone complaining on UK forums on other sites I’ve visited. Granted I haven’t been to them all.No. Intel cell modems suck. Of course I’ll have to cave eventually as I doubt Qualcomm is coming back.
I’m just getting one sadlyThey are $999, without tax. You're getting it for ~ 1/2 price, if this is true.
So, duh. Of course you should do it.
In fact, you should buy 10, and just immediately sell them. And then buy 10 more. Do this as many times as you can, and keep increasing the quantity. When you are tired of doing this, keep the last one. Have the phone diamond encrusted with some of your profit.
But you are getting it for half price, so it is stolen, or there's a catch that you're not understanding.
If you were getting it off of CraigsList, etc. it might just be being sold by somebody who is desperate. (But - no - IT'S STOLEN!)
But since you mentioned "with tax", it's being sold by a store, and is stolen, a scam, or there's a catch.
How do you know you are getting $425 for your X? What is the memory size? If it's a 256, that price is low. You can get $475 from the sites that buy phones, and more from a private sale.
If this is a trade-in, I think you are not understanding the math.
You didn't mention the flash memory size of either the X or Xs, which - of course - makes a difference. Is the Xs new, or used?
It’s supposed be new though. Sealed in the box.I’m just getting one sadly
You seem overly concerned about the ‘The costs’ and money associated, but why wouldn’t you care about the difference of features between both phones? Isn’t that the whole purpose of why you would upgrade in the first place? If you’re that concerned about the cost of what you would make by selling one phone over the other, then perhaps you should reconsider why you would even want to upgrade in the first place.Is it worth it like would I get more the XS towards the 11?