Would you care if the Touch was thicker if we got a 5 MP camera?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TRUCRACKER, Sep 11, 2010.

1. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

I sure wouldn't mind. I like the shape and feel of the iPhone 4.
    EDIT: With an LED flash as well.

2. ciaran00 macrumors 6502

3. iGuy38 macrumors member

Not at all. I like my products thick..... no pun intended.

4. Carouser macrumors 65816

Is the price going to stay the same? (in this hypothetical scenario)

5. GekiRed macrumors regular

I agree with you that the feel and shape of the iPhone 4 is OK, but I'm not that bothered about the iPod Touch having a camera, to be honest, although it would be interesting if it did have a 5MP one without a price increase.

6. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

It all depends how thick it would be.............

7. TRUCRACKER thread starter macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

As thick as the iPhone.
    I thought I made that clear...

8. The General macrumors 601

1. Make it thicker
    2. 320GB hard drive
    3. 5" 16:9 screen

Amazing! Now iPhone users have a reason to buy one!

9. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

Personally I wouldn't have minded if it was thicker than the iPhone if it had a sensor as big as the Nokia N8's. (Mind you all that it's the sensor size and optics that mainly determine the image quality on a normal display, not the number of mega pixels, holding image processing and sensor technology as constants) But I think I'm in the minority.

10. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

Absolutely not.

I'M NOT COMPLAINING: The new 4th gen ipod touch even feels a little to small IMO.

I do appreciate it because I still have to carry a cellphone with me, but I wouldn't mind the extra thickness for a better camera with flash.

11. vanzantapple macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

512MB RAM
    Better Cam.
    IPS.
    Thicker is OK

If I could change one thing about the new iPT4, it would absolutely be 512MB of RAM instead of 256mb. A lot of consumers will never notice, but I would, and from the initial reports GAMERS will notice too. This is also why I am waiting on the iPad 2. If it doesn't have 512MB or more, I'm looking elsewhere for a slate/tab/tablet/handheld/blah/blah/blah.

The Touch is a super cool device with no REAL competition. The price isn't bad at all for what you get. But the initial quality problems do have my attention.

12. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I could care less (for now) about the 256MB RAM. I could also care less about the IPS. The iPod touch screen is amazing when looking dead on in a normal way.

But the camera really is a piece of shyte. I was one of those that said "don't judge it till you try it". But boy oh boy does it suck. It seems weird that a company like Apple that prides itself in doing everything right would do this to itself. But I guess most people don't care. But this camera really does suck. I still would have bought it if it were the same thickness as the iPhone. Thin is thin to me. The iPhone 4 is thin.

13. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

I'd like it thicker if it had more stuff. The 4g feels too thin.
    I think 16:9 would be awkwardly long :rolleyes: I'd like an LED flash.

14. Outrun1986 macrumors 6502

I really don't care if its thicker, in fact it would be good if it was thicker and they could pack more functionality into it.

15. SlamJam12 macrumors regular

Don't Mind

It would be convenient to have the nice features that were not added to the iPod touch 4G. In the future, Apple can make improvements to the current iPod touch.

16. jmor macrumors 6502

I would like it thicker for more functionality, sure.

17. Noisemaker Guest

Ever consider that the photographer is the problem?

My pics come out fine, and better than my point and shoot camera for that matter.

Sure, if you're taking pictures of bats flying around in the dark, it's not going to come out. However, if you're taking pics in decent lighting, and aren't shaking like Whitney Houston after 37 minutes of sobriety, they're going to come out fine.

18. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Decent lighting. Then what are you gonna say about the grains in the sky daytime?

19. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

:apple: had to do something with all those leftover 5th gen Nano cameras they had laying about with the redesign of the new Nano's...

20. Noisemaker Guest

You imply that I have to say something about it to counter your point, "stand up for the device" and other such nonsense. I don't. Unlike most of the people on this forum, I don't care. I like the device, and my pictures come out fine.

Despite that, I'll humor you.

My point and shoot has graininess in the sky (7MP). My parents' point and shoot has graininess in the sky (5MP). My friend's point and shoot has graininess in the sky (6MP). Another friend's point and shoot has graininess in the sky (7MP).

And, finally, my photographer friend's $1800 digital camera DOES NOT have graininess in the sky. And he probably can take pictures of bats at night, as his camera is epic.

So, yeah. If you expect $1800 quality from an extra feature camera that's built into a device that's thinner than the average wallet, that's fine. It's completely delusional, but quite fine none-the-less.

21. Ds92 macrumors member

22. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

wouldn't care at all. And I read that the 5MP wasn't put in b/c of a cost issue but b/c of thinness. Wack, I'd like something thicker for that iphone cam and sensor.

23. vanzantapple macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

Seriously dude, I would love to see your pics taken from this device that are better than your Point and Shoot camera. Which P&S camera do your have?

24. dwarnecke11 macrumors 6502

Thicker only if they got rid of the chrome back (which for me, requires a case which makes the device thicker anyways). I was hoping for a mini-iPad aesthetic. A thicker iPod could accommodate a larger battery as well.