Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
What exactly do you store on your iPad that would require this much?

well, mainly movies....when I travel with the kids, I need a wide array of kids movies....when I travel alone, then my choice of movies....besides movies, I carry a lot of work files and animations...this of course is not everyones preference but for me, 128 or 256 would be amazing so I dont have to constantly sync.....

iEvolution

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
I believe the next iPad ad even iPhone will indeed have a larger capacity, but I'll have to disagree that a 128gb version should have been sold is 2009.

Sorry my wording was poor, I mean a 128GB capacity should sell for the same price the 64GB did back in 2009, today. In 2009 I would agree that it would be too soon for a 128GB as well.

I bought the iPad this year because the desire for the larger screen (vs the touch), retina display and convenience of portability overcame the desire for a 128gb that may never come.

Last edited:

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
More than satisfied with my 64GB iPad 2, but I can't see myself upgrading unless they introduce a 128GB one. Hopefully next gen.

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
Or that people don't realise what size they need. For all we know, most of those peek with 16gb iPads might be cursing the tiny size of their devices.

So far I'm okay with a 64gb iPad. By the next model it's definitely time for a 128gb model. If I actually used my iPad for music I'd want that now.

That is purely speculation. The only fact that we can deduce is that it got them to buy in the first place. The next time they buy, they will be more willing to spend on the larger capacities.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
More than satisfied with my 64GB iPad 2, but I can't see myself upgrading unless they introduce a 128GB one. Hopefully next gen.

spotify solves all those problems for me. :) no need to store my music on my device.

and as to the OP, i got a 16gb thinking it would be just fine, ive only purchased the 16gb iphones since the 3G.

i feel that 32 would be better for me. I tend to play more games on my ipad, and the retina apps are slightly bigger.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Waiting for 128 or better yet 256

I'd jizz my pants if they came out with a 256GB model iPad. Then I'd be able to put on lots more movies than I do now with my 64GB. Movies, photos, music and apps take up a considerable chunk of my storage space. I had the LOTR Trilogy on my iPad and they take up about 10GB's by themselves. Think I'll have to remove them if I ever need the space later on.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
spotify solves all those problems for me. :) no need to store my music on my device.

and as to the OP, i got a 16gb thinking it would be just fine, ive only purchased the 16gb iphones since the 3G.

i feel that 32 would be better for me. I tend to play more games on my ipad, and the retina apps are slightly bigger.

I was reading an article that shows more and more music lovers are turning to Spotify, Pandora etc. They find streaming whatever music they want vs buying music a better alternative.

Does Spotify still require Facebook? I like Spotify but I hate having to create a Facebook account. The others I tried (MOG) seem to want you to create a Facebook account.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
Simple answer, yes I would, like having the room to add what I want and not worry.

HiddenPuppy

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I was reading an article that shows more and more music lovers are turning to Spotify, Pandora etc. They find streaming whatever music they want vs buying music a better alternative.

Does Spotify still require Facebook? I like Spotify but I hate having to create a Facebook account. The others I tried (MOG) seem to want you to create a Facebook account.

nope you dont have to for spotify! if you want to take advantage of the free trial you have to i believe. its worth it imo. I hate having my 60 gb collection of music when i only listen to specific songs in specific moods.

you really should try it out. i love it. i had mog, but spotifys catalog is way bigger. I do like mogs abillity to shuffle songs to similar artists. LIke pandora, and even control how much it plays the artists you selected, and how much it plays similar artist. Thats the only thing spotify needs to catch up on.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
nope you dont have to for spotify! if you want to take advantage of the free trial you have to i believe. its worth it imo. I hate having my 60 gb collection of music when i only listen to specific songs in specific moods.

you really should try it out. i love it. i had mog, but spotifys catalog is way bigger. I do like mogs abillity to shuffle songs to similar artists. LIke pandora, and even control how much it plays the artists you selected, and how much it plays similar artist. Thats the only thing spotify needs to catch up on.

Is there an iPad App for Spotify?

EDIT: I found and downloaded the App. Here's the problem I ran into on my PC. The main screen says: Login with Facebook or Spotify Details. What details? :confused:

dancj

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
That is purely speculation. The only fact that we can deduce is that it got them to buy in the first place. The next time they buy, they will be more willing to spend on the larger capacities.
My point was that the sales of the 16gb iPad doesn't tell us that that's enough for people. It just tells us that people thought that would be enough before they bought it. They might be perfectly happy or they might be regretting it.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I installed it again on my PC and yup, it's forcing me to use Facebook in order to create an account. Is there a way around this BS? :p

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
My point was that the sales of the 16gb iPad doesn't tell us that that's enough for people. It just tells us that people thought that would be enough before they bought it. They might be perfectly happy or they might be regretting it.

I agree. My only additional point is that it's and entry level model.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
I got the 64GB on the iPad 1, looked to save money on the iPad 2 and went with 32, regretted it and went with the 64GB LTE on the 3rd Gen. I am very happy with it. I anticipate keeping this one for a couple years as it meets my needs to a tee. I also keep in mind that with higher resolution, and better apps, more space will be needed to accomodate those and my video collection.

I was in heaven when they gave us the 64GB iPhone. It was exactly what I needed for a music collection that pretty much uses almost all of it.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I installed it again on my PC and yup, it's forcing me to use Facebook in order to create an account. Is there a way around this BS? :p

dammmnn man :( from what i have read, ever since their partnership with facebook they made it to where you cant. anyone creating one after September 22nd 2011. thats so lame. sorry i thought it was just for the free trial. im glad i signed up before then. I cant believe spotify chooses to loose a large amount of customers because of this choice, and people now days think its absurd if you dont have a facebook.

do you just not have a facebook? or just dont want your personal info being linked to it?

Rdio doesnt require spotify i believe! check it out. i used to have that at one point too. and it wasnt bad. about like mog.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
dammmnn man :( from what i have read, ever since their partnership with facebook they made it to where you cant. anyone creating one after September 22nd 2011. thats so lame. sorry i thought it was just for the free trial. im glad i signed up before then. I cant believe spotify chooses to loose a large amount of customers because of this choice, and people now days think its absurd if you dont have a facebook.

do you just not have a facebook? or just dont want your personal info being linked to it?

Rdio doesnt require spotify i believe! check it out. i used to have that at one point too. and it wasnt bad. about like mog.

I hate Facebook. What's Rdio? I don't use MOG either because of Facebook.

Ryno76

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2011
i have the 32gb wifi only, its plenty of room to have a little bit of everything...but since i have a little one and we travel on the road quite a bit, i went and bought an Kingston Wifi Drive 32gb (its an external drive). i transferred all the tv shows and movies he likes to watch on that and it works great. although it was another 100 bucks (same cost of bumping up to the 64gb ipad), you can stream to 3 ipads/iphones at once (great if you have more than one kid and multiple devices). but since i got the 32gb as a gift this was a good way to expand the disc space without having to buy another ipad.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Cool I checked again and MOG does not require Facebook exclusively so I signed up. Now I need to see if they have an iPad App. :)

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
I hate Facebook. What's Rdio? I don't use MOG either because of Facebook.

same thing, i think its owned by Rhapsody. When it first came out i tried it out. It crashed a lot for me on my iphone. Im sure its much more stable years later now. I believe they do a free month trial, or at least they did.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Cool I checked again and MOG does not require Facebook exclusively so I signed up. Now I need to see if they have an iPad App. :)

awesome, mog is good. :) not quite the library of spotify, but its pretty close. and like i said the shuffle feature is way good. you have slider bar so you can choose the ratio of similar artists and the artist you choose for the "station" really great for discovering new music.

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
16is fine for me. If you keep the same movies on and never watch them. Well that's just dumb. Plus. Netflix

16 works for me as well. iTunes Match allows me to rotate music on my iPhone. Hopefully in ios 6 I will be able to stream as well via iTunes Match.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.