Would you need a 64gb or a 128gb iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yearofthe, Jan 24, 2011.

?

What size would be best for you?

1. 64GB would be nice.

71.7%
  2. Nah, I need more than that. 128GB baby!!

14.2%
  3. I'm gonna need more than 128GB for sure.

9.4%
  4. None of the Above

4.7%
  1. yearofthe macrumors regular

yearofthe

Or would you need more? I need 64gb since I have a 40gb iTunes collection.

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

I do not put every single music file and video file on my mobile devices. I doubt I will ever listen to the 24GB of music I have. To answer your question, no. I'll be happy with a 16GB iPhone as per my uses it is more than enough; those uses would include: attachments, mail on the go, some music while commuting to work, quick PDF reviews and RFP reviews and ability to be on a hassle-free phone call.

3. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

64GB would probably be fine for me. I don't own ten billion movies or songs.

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

"Need"? No. But to be fair, I don't ever "need" an iPhone.

Want? Hell yeah. I love being able to have ALL my music with me, plus having a 128gb iPhone would allow me to finally not have a secondary iPod classic for the rest of my music collection.

5. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

I was unable to vote due to the limited choices.

I buy each new iPhone and never use mine as my only repository.

Therefore 32GB is more than enough for me, yet absent from your poll.

6. yearofthe thread starter macrumors regular

yearofthe

Absent, because it's already present. I'm asking for people who want more than 32GB.

7. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

I have over 100gb iTunes library.

I'm honestly fine with my 32gb iPhone.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love 128gb or even more in an iPhone, but I wouldn't say that I need it. Every couple of months I just take some music off that I havent listened to in a while, no big deal.

8. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

With the goring number of applications that are capable of streaming your library back to you, storage is not as important anymore. Couple that with smart library management (no need to always bring your ENTIRE library with you), and going above 64 GB should not be necessary. At least until phones start coming with high definition screens.

9. Wateroksnmud macrumors regular

32 is all I need. "None of the Above" was not a selection so I went for 64.

10. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Same here. Having said 64GB, I could easily manage with just 32GB.

11. yearofthe thread starter macrumors regular

yearofthe

Sorry. Can't edit the poll now. ;/

12. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

It's fine. Stay true to your original reason; we don't need another thread. ;)

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

As a photographer I love having as many photos with me as possible. I keep it down to about 6 GB right now, but if I had more space I'd gladly fill it with pictures.

14. digitard macrumors 6502a

digitard

No option for none of the above?

I'm good w/ 32GB, personally.

I rarely use near my 16GB on my iPad because I prefer only to sync playlists of what I feel like that day (I hate having to scroll through my 50GB of music trying to find something so I sync playlists of genre's and stuff like that).

That's why I'm getting the 32GB VZN iPhone. Sync a little bit more music, but mainly for app and storage.

15. barkingDog macrumors regular

barkingDog

64GB+ would be nice.

Then, in addition to my photos and tunes, I could slap my collection of Bobby De Niro, Al Pacino, and Joe Pesci DVDs faves on it. Remember, them "Godfather" sagas are hella long.

In all honesty, it hardly costs more for Apple to slap extra memory in these devices. So why not.

As others have pointed out, do I need to have all this "unnecessary to daily life" media on a phone? No. But the thread is here for random feedback.

So I've fed back. :)

16. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

16GB would be plenty for me, but 32GB would get everything and then some. If I had a 62GB more than half of the space would go unused.

Thanks for the great poll options.:rolleyes:

17. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

64GB would be perfect for me. My 64GB iPad only has videos on it and I only have 3GB free. My iPhone is for apps and music, and I already have to limit my syncing because I have way over 32GB of music.

18. TRUCRACKER macrumors 6502

TRUCRACKER

64 GB would be plenty for me. But the more the better.

19. Savor Suspended

Savor

Content with 32GB considering cloud services will be the future.

I am not the type that absolutely needs to carry all my media content. Not a pack-rat. I don't even really listen to ALL my songs and have only a 1,075 with ones I really like. In two years, we upgrade anyway which defeats the purpose of wanting to always have all your content. My collections grows with the times. With the move to HD/Blu-ray video resolutions and apps getting bigger from the games, 128GB may not even be enough anyway. We may need 1TB.

My next phone won't be an iPhone and probably have expandable memory, so having a set memory won't bother me anymore.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'm fine with 16 or 32GB. My iTunes collection is way over that, but like someone else said I don't need to have every song, movie, tv show with me all of the time.

21. utneon macrumors regular

22. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Neither. I have had 32GB phones since the start (3G, 3GS and 4) and I have barely used a fraction of that. Yes I know just because I don't doesn't mean someone else will.

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

The more space the more merrier for me. I don't see an iPhone having 128gb anything soon. I would love to have 64gb.

24. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I know some people who would scream before they would limit themselves to only part of their stuff. The 18+gigs of Apple Keynotts for some odd reason is a requirement to them. Plus every single pod cast every made of the ones they listen to.

Far cry from me who can live with a 32 gig. I only keep the most recent 2-3 pod cast of the ones I listen to on my iPod any how.

25. zenit macrumors member

I am a bit of the other extreme and wish there was an 8gig version of 4. I only use my phones for streaming and web-based content, so never had a need for alot of space. Currently using a little over a gig on my Galaxy S, and my 64gig iPad has about 6 gigs taken up by various tv shows and apps for when I am traveling on a plane (ipad was given to me as a gift, otherwise I would have bought the 16g version).

What I do wish is that an 8gig iphone 4 was coming for verizon at $99 price point.