Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

InGen

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2020
Would you purchase an Apple Handheld A.I device like the Rabbit R1?

A hypothetical Siri/A.I based device, running on condensed iPhone parts in a small form factor, with an OS controlled with a mix of touch and voice.

Prototype:

Apple AI Device.jpeg

The Rabbit R1 for reference:
rabbit-r1.jpg

Reactions: Michaelgtrusa

InGen

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2020
Potential uses as a helper tool we take around to analyze what is around us for information, navigation, analysis of objects or animals, shopping helper, topical and skin analysis or tutorial provider for things we don't understand.

World use example: Someone next to you falls to ground and begins convulsing and having a medical emergency. After the first obvious task of calling emergency services, you point your Siri Device at the person and ask it what to do, Siri AI analyzes the situation using the cameras in real time and begins diagnosing the person as having an X medical episode and then begins telling you to put the person on their side or to perform Resuscitation while using the screen to illustrate where on the chest to push or how many breaths to give, and while the microphone listens in on all of this, Siri continues to evaluate by sound alone and continues guiding and giving instructions as you are performing a task as you speak back to your device with descriptions of what is happening.

Essentially all the wisdom of the internet in answering all our questions about everything we collectively know, has been humanised into a conversational partner and companion device to then act as our helper whenever we need them, and with eyes and ears (camera & microphone) be able to understand our requests with greater context and specificity.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
No; considering AI already can be run on iPhones and Apple’s Ferret will add even more capabilites. No need for a second device.

Reactions: Chuckeee

CrysisDeu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2018
If they put it on a glass, I will buy it.
If I need to pull something out from my pocket, why don’t I just use my iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.