Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttexxan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
So would you have purchased the watch design with the band of choice if it wasnt apple??

Im thinking I would have passed hate to say

SixtyK

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2013
Nebraska
So would you have purchased the watch design with the band of choice if it wasnt apple??

Honestly? No. The seamless manner in which Apple products work together is a big selling point for me.

Plus, I have been an unashamed Apple zealot since 1991.

Reactions: artfossil

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
nope, especially with the ****** 18 hour life.
I'd wait for the apple version :rolleyes:

The battery life is fine. Do you want one that lasts 2 days so you forget to charge it when you charge your phone or would you still charge it every night even if it lasted 2 days?

DavidLynch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2015
No, I would've gone with the Pebble Time. I've been perfectly happy with my Pebble but have been waiting for something that works more seamlessly with iOS.

Blackstick

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2014
OH
Love my iPhone too much and no other watch will get that level of integration, of course.

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
I would not have known as much about it -- I tend to ignore non-Apple "things". I'm not a fanboi, I just like my ecosystem's components to all play nicely together and I'm spoiled by handoffs, so I wouldn't even look at a non-Apple watch.

What they said^
I've looked at Pebbles before but just wasn't crazy about them.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta

Your post is mostly NA. Because if it wasn't Apple it couldn't have the integration and functionality with the Apple ecosystem.

Reactions: Night Spring

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
Nope. Would wait to make sure it is supported by enough developers and no critical bugs that would make this useless.

Apple is good with software update and make a device better overtime.

bulbousnub

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
I'd probably get a new Pebble or something. I love the concept of a smartwatch but I want something that integrates well into the ecosystem - hence my immediate purchase of an Apple Watch.

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007

I did when I bought a Pebble. It is a great concept but the execution is lacking. A 3rd party competitor is always going to fight an uphill battle against Apple.

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
Better question is: if Google or Microsoft pulled it off and make this watch, would you buy it?

I would say maybe, if compatible with my iPhone.

Edit: just want to add, I wouldn't pay as much for a device if made by Google and Microsoft. They don't command "Apple premium"

Edit2: if made by Google, on second thought it should be free or even better Google would have to pay me to use it. For putting ads and give me zero privacy. I would pay a bit of money if made by Microsoft for the risk that it may crash horribly.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
No because it wouldn't integrate with the rest of my ecosystem.

foxkoneko

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2011
The battery life is fine. Do you want one that lasts 2 days so you forget to charge it when you charge your phone or would you still charge it every night even if it lasted 2 days?

forget 2 days I want a week+ :rolleyes:

sterl320

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2015
Nope. Apple's track record makes it worth the cost. I can't put much dependence in other companies as I can Apple.

ttexxan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
Your post is mostly NA. Because if it wasn't Apple it couldn't have the integration and functionality with the Apple ecosystem.

My thoughts----Many buy watches for there outward appearance and apple is also advertising as a "Classic" time piece.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
I prefer buying an Apple Watch because it integrates with iOS.

Also, Apple is known to improve its products instead of replacing them completely.

If you buy a device from another vendor, you can be sure it will be superseded quickly, because the main source of profit is creating lots of cheap products that have a low psychological barrier to be replaced.

Just look at the Moto 360 which was and probably is a fine watch.
But the problem is that it competes against a bunch of cheaper and newer devices that more or less do the same but seem fancier.

methaw

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2015
Earth
If the watch has all of the functionality that the apple watch has. I would gladly buy the watch. Competition is great for consumers and for companies. I tend to buy apple products because they fit my current needs and I prefer their mobile operating system to android.

If a smart watch came along offering same functionality, I would love to try it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.