Would you purchase the watch if not apple??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ttexxan, Apr 14, 2015.

1. ttexxan macrumors regular

So would you have purchased the watch design with the band of choice if it wasnt apple??

Im thinking I would have passed hate to say

2. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Honestly? No. The seamless manner in which Apple products work together is a big selling point for me.

Plus, I have been an unashamed Apple zealot since 1991.

3. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

nope, especially with the ****** 18 hour life.
    I'd wait for the apple version :rolleyes:

4. refslady macrumors regular

I would not have known as much about it -- I tend to ignore non-Apple "things". I'm not a fanboi, I just like my ecosystem's components to all play nicely together and I'm spoiled by handoffs, so I wouldn't even look at a non-Apple watch.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The battery life is fine. Do you want one that lasts 2 days so you forget to charge it when you charge your phone or would you still charge it every night even if it lasted 2 days?

6. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

No, I would've gone with the Pebble Time. I've been perfectly happy with my Pebble but have been waiting for something that works more seamlessly with iOS.

7. jjm3 macrumors member

jjm3

No, I don't think I would've. But then, it's hard to imagine any other company making a watch with these capabilities and this role in the digital ecosystem!

8. Blackstick macrumors 6502

Blackstick

Love my iPhone too much and no other watch will get that level of integration, of course.

9. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

What they said^
    I've looked at Pebbles before but just wasn't crazy about them.

10. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Your post is mostly NA. Because if it wasn't Apple it couldn't have the integration and functionality with the Apple ecosystem.

11. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

12. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Nope. Would wait to make sure it is supported by enough developers and no critical bugs that would make this useless.

Apple is good with software update and make a device better overtime.

13. bulbousnub macrumors 6502

I'd probably get a new Pebble or something. I love the concept of a smartwatch but I want something that integrates well into the ecosystem - hence my immediate purchase of an Apple Watch.

14. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Nope. i only trust Apple. And I'm serious about only trusting Apple.

15. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I did when I bought a Pebble. It is a great concept but the execution is lacking. A 3rd party competitor is always going to fight an uphill battle against Apple.

16. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Better question is: if Google or Microsoft pulled it off and make this watch, would you buy it?

I would say maybe, if compatible with my iPhone.

Edit: just want to add, I wouldn't pay as much for a device if made by Google and Microsoft. They don't command "Apple premium"

Edit2: if made by Google, on second thought it should be free or even better Google would have to pay me to use it. For putting ads and give me zero privacy. I would pay a bit of money if made by Microsoft for the risk that it may crash horribly.

17. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

No because it wouldn't integrate with the rest of my ecosystem.

18. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

forget 2 days I want a week+ :rolleyes:

19. sterl320 macrumors 6502

Nope. Apple's track record makes it worth the cost. I can't put much dependence in other companies as I can Apple.

20. ttexxan thread starter macrumors regular

My thoughts----Many buy watches for there outward appearance and apple is also advertising as a "Classic" time piece.

21. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...and I want an iPhone and an iPad and a MacBook that last 2 weeks. :D I would even like a tank of gas in my car to last 2 weeks.:eek:

22. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I want to date a millionaire supermodel astronaut who's totally devoted to me.

23. pmau macrumors 65816

I prefer buying an Apple Watch because it integrates with iOS.

Also, Apple is known to improve its products instead of replacing them completely.

If you buy a device from another vendor, you can be sure it will be superseded quickly, because the main source of profit is creating lots of cheap products that have a low psychological barrier to be replaced.

Just look at the Moto 360 which was and probably is a fine watch.
    But the problem is that it competes against a bunch of cheaper and newer devices that more or less do the same but seem fancier.

24. methaw macrumors newbie

methaw

If the watch has all of the functionality that the apple watch has. I would gladly buy the watch. Competition is great for consumers and for companies. I tend to buy apple products because they fit my current needs and I prefer their mobile operating system to android.

If a smart watch came along offering same functionality, I would love to try it.