Would you quit Netflix or cancel if they bought a movie or came out with a film you didn't agree w/

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by max2, Jan 19, 2019.

?

Would you cancel Netflix if they bought a movie or came out with a film you didn't agree with?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  2. No

55 vote(s)
    94.8%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

And what on earth is that doing on here? The bare minimum of members use that. /S. Sort of.

2. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502a

The odd movie no, the SJW bent being increasingly added to the majority of there original content is the another nail in the coffin.

Honestly the decrease in quality and/or increase of crap originals coupled with the price increases are more likely to cause me to cancel.

It feels like Netflix has forgotten what made it popular in the first place

3. jerwin macrumors 68020

Maybe you're just getting old.

4. Zenithal macrumors 604

No, I'm not a sensitive soul to be bothered by such silly things.

5. AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

UPDATE:

I have cancelled my Netflix account after watching the worst movie I have ever seen. Turns out, it was just the name of his childhood sled the whole time! What utter garbage! :(:mad:

6. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Nope, I can choose what I want to watch off their platform.. for the most part. I still think at some point Netflix needs to break off their original content vs just DVR type content of older stuff and price adjust that way. They keep increasing the price because of their original content costs but I could honestly careless about that content. So I'm already paying for something I don't need, just like I was on cable and had tons of channels I disliked. At some point they'll phase people out due to price increases... obviously just my opinion but that's what I see happening to them if they continue down the path they are currently on.

7. jerwin macrumors 68020

unfortunately, netflix doesn't seem to carry that title.

8. chown33 macrumors 604

Au contraire, mon ami:
    Rose bud.

Henri.

With mustard.

9. jerwin macrumors 68020

10. Anarchy99 macrumors 6502a

nope thats not the reason for it happening.

11. max2 thread starter macrumors 68030

I know what you mean.

12. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

I quit Netflix awhile ago because I didn't think they were worth the price increases.

13. Jayderek macrumors 6502

Jayderek

no - that would be silly to cancel Netflix over one movie I didn't agree with...

If I was so inclined I imagine I'd have a very difficult time navigating life in general and dealing with other people's viewpoints.

If Netflix has a show or movie or documentary I don't agree with...or even just am not interested in...I do the sane and Adult thing of just not watching it. Easy stuff here.

14. JamesMike macrumors demi-god

JamesMike

I agree with you.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68030

yaxomoxay

I actually like to watch or read stuff I don't agree with.
    If I need to agree with someone I don't need anyone else but me. I usually agree with myself.

16. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 604

The-Real-Deal82

The simple answer, no. I would cancel if it cost more than £10 a month though.

17. stillcrazyman macrumors 68020

stillcrazyman

Simply put. No.
    Although, I'm reminded of a coworker a few years ago who refused to pay for HBO because they funded anti-gun campaigns. So, with legitimate reasons, I can respect a persons choice.

18. niploteksi macrumors regular

No, it should be illegal to cancel your Netflix subscription.

19. LizKat, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019

LizKat macrumors 601

LizKat

Gifs he knows,,,, spoiler tags not so much...
    --- Post Merged, Feb 8, 2019 ---
    I can sometimes feel like that about their pickups of series originals from other distributors. Or rather I suspect that they may have fallen into the trap of "one telenovela / bollywood / central asian drama was great so a thousand must be even better" -- which trap is no different to a food megaproducer deciding to add ten more varieties of boxed rice mixes,,,,, your eyes glaze over at the supermarket shelves, and you decide to have meat and potatoes for dinner at some restaurant instead.

On the other hand my fear lately is that they'll decide to trim back and will not renew ongoing season pickups on a few TV series I stashed in my watchlist.

I don't really miss the trudge to the mailbox in winter to get the DVDs. I sometimes feel like a re-up to that part of their plan options, but usually only because I don't feel like shelling out for some box set I'm uncertain of being able to find in good condition in the used market. The thing is I'm only willing to pay in total about what Netflix charges for the max of any one of their options now. So it's not going to be the DVD piece for me.