would you upgrade or wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daleycss, Jul 5, 2011.

?

Would you upgrade or wait?

1. Upgrade:

34.3%
  2. Wait:

65.7%
  1. daleycss macrumors regular

Currently i have a broken droid and had to switch to my backup phone. i hate it with a beautiful passion. i have an upgrade on july 11 and am thinking of just getting the iphone 4. I know this for sure because i cannot stand this phone and the iphone 4 is everything i will ever need. the question is would you upgrade or wait?

Attached Files:

2. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

I'm having the same issue, my contract runs out on the 14th of this month. I'm going to go with PayAsYouGo, and wait for the iPhone 5, then I'll renew my contract :)

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Wait 3 months if you value having the best for the next 12 months...

Get the iPhone 4 now if your weak and can't hold out another 3 months...

4. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

You should upgrade now....but I will wait. You hate your phone, I'm fine with mine. :D

5. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Unless you use your smartphone on a daily basis and without it, your productive life will fall and fail, then wait it out for the next model.

6. Zalatorisaurus macrumors member

Zalatorisaurus

My upgrade is up in august, but I'm going to wait for the 5. I have a used DInc right now, but android is killing me. I'm waiting for the 5 to get the most for my money.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

you can buy a better cheap phone on craigs and still keep you upgrade option. your phone I would try to use as a boat anchor. :p

8. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

I agree. Wait it out and get the latest model in September.

9. rnelan7 macrumors 6502

rnelan7

I would say hold off for now. This way if the new iPhone comes out in September you can get it right away. It will also be rewarding waiting for that amount of time then to finally get the brand new model.

10. EddyP macrumors 6502

I'd wait just to see what comes out in September.

Even if you don't like what comes out in September, a 4 should be cheaper.

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Once I had to go without my iPhone for 3 days while the battery was being repaired.

I almost murdered several people during that time.

I have a hard time advising you to wait for months when my 3-day experience was so painful.

12. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Well if the rumours are true the next iPhone will be released in under 3 months, I would definitely wait.

13. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I feel the exact same way. I forgot my iPhone before I left work one morning, and that whole day was awful. I could never do with a "dumb" phone for even one day. I say upgrade to the iPhone 4 now. If the next refresh of the iPhone has some feature that blows you away, sell your 4 to help pay for the new model off contract.

14. chriseff macrumors newbie

chriseff

15. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

Wait, it's well worth it. You've waited thus long. What's a couple months?

16. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I would say wait, but considering that you have Verizon, I think you should keep unlimited data (especially if it's the same price as the 2GB plan).

17. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Buy something else to use until Apple gets back on track.

I've had every iPhone thus far, the only bad one was the iPhone 4, and the upcoming model appears to be more of the same. Well behind Android at the moment, Apple has it's hands full trying to catch up.

Fortunately most people are clueless so they will buy any phone with an Apple logo, no matter the quality or performance.

This will allow Apple time to build a good iPhone 6 IF they care to do so. If they do, I would hope it would be able to make phone calls and other basic tasks that others have been doing since day one.

18. Centient macrumors 6502

I'd wait it out. As others have said, pick up a cheapie Palm Pre or something if you have to.