Would you want a thicker iPhone if it meant a bigger battery?

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
For me it would depend on how much extra battery life there would be. I am really liking the size of the iPhone right now. I have chargers every where I go if I need it (car, work, home)...

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
I wouldn't mind if they made the phone a little bigger to implement a larger battery. I wish my phone could last for days. So far (in one day) I'm getting five - six hours of usage, & ten hours standby.

I keep a charger in my car, purse, by my bed, computer, etc., but it's really annoying having to charge it so much. I had a battery pack case for my 3G/3GS, & it was a nuisance to keep it charged.

Savage

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
SoCal
Battery life is not an issue for me but even more battery at the cost of a slightly thicker phone wouldn't hurt. You never know when you can't charge your phone but NEED your phone.

Shockwave78

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2010
Yes, the phone IMO is just slightly to thin. I am getting used to it though. But I'd they could have kept the 3GS body and put a bigger batter they say got us 40% more life I would be all for it.

UCLAKoolman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I can easily make it through a whole day on a single charge. I love that, especially with how thin it is.

Thedeathbear

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
Depends on how much more time it give me. But it sucks for Apple now. They can only stay the same size or thinner or people will go crazy.

nfl46

macrumors 604
Oct 5, 2008
Apple won't make the iPhone thicker. If anything, the iPhone will get thinner each year and Apple will think of more ways to increase the battery life. I'm excited about next year increase battery life, but the iPhone 4 battery life is REALLY good for a touchscreen phone.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Depends on how much more time it give me. But it sucks for Apple now. They can only stay the same size or thinner or people will go crazy.
The 3G was a little thicker than the original iPhone. I don't see why they would be able to do the same with the next iPhone if they needed.

Robby C

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Atlanta
For me it would depend on how much extra battery life there would be. I am really liking the size of the iPhone right now. I have chargers every where I go if I need it (car, work, home)...
I am with firstapple on this. Would it be nice to have a larger battery? Sure. Would I really need it? No.

allaboutmusic

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
Yup - but I'd want a thicker one anyway. I find the 4 just a little thin to hold comfortably on its own. Better with a case.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
I wouldnt mind a wider screen if it meant a bigger battery! maybe like 4.0"
This.

I'd love to see the iPhone 5 screen go up to AT LEAST 4".

Unless you have average to below average sized hands, I don't see how this phone doesn't feel too "thin" when out of a case.

I'm not complaining because I love the iPhone 4, but I wouldn't object to it being slightly thicker or larger either.