Wouldn't An iPad Apps Sub-Forum Be Better Than One For iPad Accessories?

iAmLegend

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
How many discussions about cases will we really need (seriously, that entire sub-forum could be condensed into like 5 threads)? Meanwhile, it would be great to have threads dedicated to individual apps so we can add our own reviews of apps we own or requesting suggestions when looking for a certain type of app.

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
How about both? I like going to the accessories forum right now and getting all of that in one place (theoretically). Apps could get out of hand too, though...just like how the iPhone one did.

Perhaps we'll see this as time passes and the list of apps and accessories grow.

iAmLegend

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
yes it would be good but maybe post all app stuff here
http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

Even though it says 3rd party apps I guess it is used for all apps.
Considering many apps have versions for both iPhone and iPad, that is going to get real confusing at times. If someone is reviewing an app, I want to make sure it's for the iPad version.

By the way, there is an iPhone accessories sub-forum too...so why isn't all accessories discussion in one sub-forum?

Instead of? Why choose? Why not both?
This makes the most sense. Hook it up Mac Rumors!

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
Considering many apps have versions for both iPhone and iPad, that is going to get real confusing at times. If someone is reviewing an app, I want to make sure it's for the iPad version.
So check the App Store yourself, or ask in the thread. Not that difficult.

By the way, there is an iPhone accessories sub-forum too...so why isn't all accessories discussion in one sub-forum?
Because iPad accessories ≠ iPhone accessories.

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I think eventually both will be acceptable. Accessories is just a big deal right now wi everybody getting their ipads, its the first thing you think about, " what else can i buy?" ;)

iAmLegend

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Both will be acceptable for what?:confused:
For people who don't want their iPad apps discussions mixed in with iPhone apps discussion. If space is an issue, maybe they can delete that "iPad Launch meetups" sub-forum since I think it's time has passed.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
For people who don't want their iPad apps discussions mixed in with iPhone apps discussion. If space is an issue, maybe they can delete that "iPad Launch meetups" sub-forum since I think it's time has passed.
It's really not that complicated to figure it out.....

and Yes.

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
Every iPad related forum I visit has added a separate iPad Apps section which makes sense. No reason why they can't add one here. Would be nice to get info and post about iPad only apps. I'm not really interested in iPhone apps aside from a few

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The App Store Forum is intended to cover all applications in Apple's app store. However, we recognize that many people have been posting application threads in the main iPad forum instead.

A separate iPad Apps forum would risk even more confusion, especially for applications that run on the iPhone and iPod touch as well as the iPad.

It's also a incremental problem each time we add a forum and make people hunt or scroll through more and more forums for the most relevant one.

iAmLegend

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
A separate iPad Apps forum would risk even more confusion, especially for applications that run on the iPhone and iPod touch as well as the iPad.

It's also a incremental problem each time we add a forum and make people hunt or scroll through more and more forums for the most relevant one.
I don't see how separate apps forums can possibly cause more confusion than cramming discussion of both into one forum (unless people start tagging their thread titles with "iPhone Version" or "iPad Version".)

Again, couldn't the iPad Launch Meetup forum be removed to make room? Are people still meeting up to buy iPads?

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
The App Store Forum is intended to cover all applications in Apple's app store. However, we recognize that many people have been posting application threads in the main iPad forum instead.

Why should I have to look at a mixed forum when I am not interested in iphone apps? That IS confusing IMHO, so why is this suggestion confusing? The forum would be a sub forum UNDER iPad, so people ALREADY interested in the iPad would see the iPad apps forum. Can't get much clearer than that. Even Arn's TouchArcade site has a SEPARATE iPad Apps forum (and so do other forums) and there is no confusion there.

Thoughts?

ClaireL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2010
New Jersey
Back up... you "have" to look at any of the forums here?
Lol, of course not but my point is, if I want iPad app news etc I go to the mixed App forum here. On other forums, I don't have to glance at iPhone AND iPad Apps, because there is a separate Apps iPad forum. Not a huge deal but just makes sense and would be welcome here. :)

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I like it the way it is..... I think it'll get confusing once more universal apps come along and there would have to be multiple threads in both app forums on the same app.

If you aren't sure about an app because the OP didn't specify, all you have to do is go to the iTunes store and do a quick search to find out which devices it works on.