Wouldn't An iPad Apps Sub-Forum Be Better Than One For iPad Accessories?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by iAmLegend, Apr 11, 2010.

1. iAmLegend macrumors regular

iAmLegend

How many discussions about cases will we really need (seriously, that entire sub-forum could be condensed into like 5 threads)? Meanwhile, it would be great to have threads dedicated to individual apps so we can add our own reviews of apps we own or requesting suggestions when looking for a certain type of app.

2. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

How about both? I like going to the accessories forum right now and getting all of that in one place (theoretically). Apps could get out of hand too, though...just like how the iPhone one did.

Perhaps we'll see this as time passes and the list of apps and accessories grow.

3. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

4. Surely Guest

Surely

5. xROBERTxDAVISx macrumors regular

6. iAmLegend thread starter macrumors regular

iAmLegend

Considering many apps have versions for both iPhone and iPad, that is going to get real confusing at times. If someone is reviewing an app, I want to make sure it's for the iPad version.

By the way, there is an iPhone accessories sub-forum too...so why isn't all accessories discussion in one sub-forum?

This makes the most sense. Hook it up Mac Rumors!

7. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

So check the App Store yourself, or ask in the thread. Not that difficult.

Because iPad accessories ≠ iPhone accessories.

8. Surely Guest

Surely

I'd like a "I'd like to ask a girl out can you guys help me?" sub-forum in Community Discussion, but that ain't gonna happen either.:D

9. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I think eventually both will be acceptable. Accessories is just a big deal right now wi everybody getting their ipads, its the first thing you think about, " what else can i buy?" ;)

10. Surely Guest

Surely

Both will be acceptable for what?:confused:

11. iAmLegend thread starter macrumors regular

iAmLegend

For people who don't want their iPad apps discussions mixed in with iPhone apps discussion. If space is an issue, maybe they can delete that "iPad Launch meetups" sub-forum since I think it's time has passed.

12. Surely Guest

Surely

It's really not that complicated to figure it out.....

and Yes.

13. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Every iPad related forum I visit has added a separate iPad Apps section which makes sense. No reason why they can't add one here. Would be nice to get info and post about iPad only apps. I'm not really interested in iPhone apps aside from a few

14. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

I know this isn't a democracy but I'd love such a forum.

15. iAmLegend thread starter macrumors regular

iAmLegend

I think most iPad owners would agree.

16. Surely Guest

Surely

I'm most iPad users, and I don't agree.

17. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The App Store Forum is intended to cover all applications in Apple's app store. However, we recognize that many people have been posting application threads in the main iPad forum instead.

A separate iPad Apps forum would risk even more confusion, especially for applications that run on the iPhone and iPod touch as well as the iPad.

It's also a incremental problem each time we add a forum and make people hunt or scroll through more and more forums for the most relevant one.

18. iAmLegend thread starter macrumors regular

iAmLegend

I don't see how separate apps forums can possibly cause more confusion than cramming discussion of both into one forum (unless people start tagging their thread titles with "iPhone Version" or "iPad Version".)

Again, couldn't the iPad Launch Meetup forum be removed to make room? Are people still meeting up to buy iPads?

19. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Maybe not at the moment, but since the iPad has not yet been released in countries other than the United States I'd say the potential is there.

20. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

There's also the release of the Wi-Fi+3G version in the U.S.

21. iAmLegend thread starter macrumors regular

iAmLegend

Fine...I give up.

You can't say I didn't try people. :)

22. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Why should I have to look at a mixed forum when I am not interested in iphone apps? That IS confusing IMHO, so why is this suggestion confusing? The forum would be a sub forum UNDER iPad, so people ALREADY interested in the iPad would see the iPad apps forum. Can't get much clearer than that. Even Arn's TouchArcade site has a SEPARATE iPad Apps forum (and so do other forums) and there is no confusion there.

Thoughts?

23. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Back up... you "have" to look at any of the forums here?

24. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Lol, of course not but my point is, if I want iPad app news etc I go to the mixed App forum here. On other forums, I don't have to glance at iPhone AND iPad Apps, because there is a separate Apps iPad forum. Not a huge deal but just makes sense and would be welcome here. :)

25. Surely Guest

Surely

I like it the way it is..... I think it'll get confusing once more universal apps come along and there would have to be multiple threads in both app forums on the same app.

If you aren't sure about an app because the OP didn't specify, all you have to do is go to the iTunes store and do a quick search to find out which devices it works on.