Wouldn't it be oh so funny if there was no new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by uberamd, May 30, 2009.

1. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I have been reading rumor after rumor after "I know exactly what it will look like" and "I know the exact specs" posts. I'm thinking, wouldn't it be funny if there was no new iPhone this year? Maybe they discontinue the 8GB and make 16/32GB models only. I think there will be a new one, but I would love for there to also not be one so I can see the look on everyone's face here. The sheer feeling of disappointment in the intertubes-air would be epic.

Am I alone here?

:apple:

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Or your OP will be oh so funny when they do release the new iPhone.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Apple has constantly disappointed. If there is or is no a new iPhone I'm not sure I care. I just want 3.0.

4. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

How are you going to see the look on everyones face? Can you see my face? do I have a boogie?

5. afireintonto macrumors 6502a

afireintonto

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i agree

3.0 has me more excited as its free for me lol

no way am i going to contiuously commit to 2 years every year lol

7. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

It'd be hilarious, I hope there isn't a new iPhone just so I can have a nice laugh.

8. celticpride678

I agree. They disappointed us at MacWorld. But I would love to see a new iPhone. But all I want is 3.0 to come out at WWDC.

9. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Disappointed who? Everyone who was for the crackpot idea of an iPhone Nano?

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

There is no chance there won't be a new iPhone. This is Apple's cash cow and they will do everything in their power to protect it. Let's also remember that many original iPhone buyers are coming up to the end of their 2 year contracts.

Also, there is no way they won't have something new to counter the much hyped Pre.

11. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

There *WILL* be a new iPhone this year. No doubt in my mind. Apple is notorious for refreshing their products once a year and the iPhone is one of their best selling products. So yeah, there will be a new iPhone announced at WWDC. It's not just going to be 3.0.

12. duhkirk1 macrumors newbie

iPhone sw 3.0

Hope everyone knows to backup your iPhone information before you do that 3.0 update?

13. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

I think this forum would go crazy! LOL! I would feel sorry for Apple stock. People all over the world would be pppppissssed!

15. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

i would laugh.. all these people wasting their time when there is no evidence on a new iphone..

NO ONE knows except for the big honchos in Apple.

so just wait and see and stop wasting your time.

16. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Hilarious.

Fortunately, there is no way you can be right.

17. ParsiKade macrumors newbie

I just want to be sure that there would be a new iPhone in the next month or not, because I want to buy iPhone and I should wait and see if there would be something new. So I can choose to wait for the new one or buy 3G...

18. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Even if there is a new phone I'm going to wait, before I buy. All I want is 3.0.

19. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

It wouldn't matter to me either way. I am in the middle of a contract, like other 3G users. Granted, there may an upgrade price, that's not as low as the contract price or as high as the contract-less price.
    Either way, I'm not upgrading this year. I'm waiting for a 128GB phone.

20. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Maybe they will just change the cosmetics of the phone. They give us a matte black back to help stop all the cracking problems and that it. So if theres no new iPhone it would just save me some money.

21. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

There will probably be a new phone, but not to the degree of the rumors paraded around on this site. Everyone seems to think Apple will throw everything but the kitchen sink into this new phone. Do none of you remember the first upgrade? 3G and GPS. Good chance that this upgrade will be video capabilities and a new screen.

What could possibly make you think Apple will add: a front facing camera, DOUBLE the memory and processing power, 3.5G, a better battery, an fm transmitter/receiver, an OLED screen and video capabilities when last time the upgrade wasn't even half of that?

What will they add next year to keep you buying a new device? They could easily string out all those upgrades into 3-4 new phones.

Simply put people are going to be disappointed when the new iPhone doesn't have ALL of the upgrades rumored.

22. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Are you joking? We've had TWO leaks of a matte black rear casing, a (possible) leak of the inner bezel and screen, and now leaks from the FACTORY of the new iPhone with screens of the new Camera and Compass apps.

There's evidence.

23. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

24. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I'll be pissed if they don't refresh/update.

I really just care about faster ram, better processor and 32gb. The rest is just bonus.

25. scootaru macrumors 6502