Wow.....Android guys saying we copied them

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nizmoz, Jun 6, 2011.

1. nizmoz macrumors 65816

2. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

3. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Pretty much agree Apple has taken some ideas and expanded on them

4. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Who cares what they say. Each is taking something from the other to make it better and theres nothing wrong with that. Apple will probably be using Samsung SuperAMOLED screens soon along with other SS parts so who really wins is the consumer with the improvevments.

I dont care what posters say about who copied what. Apple is kinda playing catchup to Android right now so i guess if thats copying....whatever! I like compitition.

5. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

6. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

There was no copying.
    Android released some features before Apple did. Are people seriously believing Apple is looking at Android and copying ideas/features? No - they listen to their customers, they pay attention what features are popular on jailbreakers, and then they release them as updates.

7. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Wow, "us" and "we"?...lol

Yeah but Apple is SLOW to react to their customers. Two years to get MMS?...Really now!,...... and why they are now behind.

8. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I was merely making a comparison on where I stand. Maybe i should've said iOS and Android. Don't get too amused, not a big deal.

9. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Apple, feel free to copy Android's navigation system; widgets, including brightness controller in the stocks and weather part of the pull down notification bar; a toggles widget; also, the UI of Honeycomb's home screen - the 'flick' widgets look sexy. :hint hint:

10. astroot macrumors regular

This one is good too:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/burnette/apple-copies-a-bunch-of-features-from-android-calls-it-ios5/

Right you are sir, Android invented alarms and calendar reminders!

11. Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

Android if any thing copied blackberry os and sambian from the start then they optimized it for touch screen. Android does not have apps just spread around the home screen but rather keeps them all in an app drawer very much how black berry does. Android did not copy much from apple.

12. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Yeah but the MMS works like butter on iOS. Same with multi-tasking, it took them a while but they got the best way of doing it - suspend the app until you want to use it again.

13. Yamcha macrumors 68000

lol, well the funny thing is when people say Apple copied it suddenly becomes ok and when people say Android copied mac users run with it..

Copying happens, we all have to follow good UI design, especially when it comes to mobile devices, which is why its fairly common to see icons instead of text, simply because it works better with fingers, tapping an icon is much easier then text, and it should be no surprise why we see similar UI in mobile devices.. Obviously live information is much more useful then having information that stays the same, therefore It's obvious why Apple has implemented similar features as Android & Windows Phone 7..

"Good designers copy great designers steal"

14. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

So are you saying the entire Android is a copy of iOS? Because, iOS was released before Android and the majority look and feel of Android is very similar to iOS.

15. icstars989 macrumors member

This is getting ridiculous. I know its hard for fanboys to see through all the glam on both sides, but if there is any logic and common sense in your heads, you will all realize there is only so many logical ways to place things, so many ways to do things that works well for the consumer, everyone will copy everything, theres only so many ways you can do things that make sense. Does it look like android? Yes, is it a little more refined than Android? Appears to be. Who cares who does it first, its all rehashed and rebranded anyway.

16. ctbear macrumors 6502a

The sliding home screens yes...but what else is "very similar"?

17. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Humor me here.... how has Apple expanded on any of the new ideas they are borrowing from other mobile OSs?

18. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

Icons, grid lay-out, applications, applications store ... do you remember of any apps or an app store where anyone can develop and publish before iOS?

19. vvswarup macrumors 6502a

In my book, implementing a good feature that a competitor has into your product is not "copying."

Copying is when you make your UI emulate that of others because you think it's good.

20. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Of course Apple copied them. Does it make a difference? If someone with an Android and tells me that my phone sucks because they copied Android ... I'm not sure how it affects me or that person.

21. wxman2003 Suspended

If someone were to tell me apple sucks because they copied android, then that doesn't say much about android either, because they created what it is that sucks.

22. Hueyfreeman, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011

Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

Apple was not the first one to have an app based phone. They where not the first ones with a centralized place to purchase apps.

23. ctbear macrumors 6502a

This.

And icons / grid layout? lol :rolleyes: I hope you're not implying that Apple invented the use of icons

24. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Do you mean Blackberry? Or the Samsung version (blackjack, was it?)

25. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Yeah that argument is not going to hold water considering that lets see Andriod notification system has been around for years.

The bigger reason Apple is getting made fun of here for Coping is the fact that Apple and Apple fanboys always scream everyone else coping them. Notice you do not see WP, Android, Palm or Blackberry company or Fans saying anything when those guys copy each other and sure as heck do not make a big deal about when it is pointed out. It is a meh thing.
    But Apple fans and company make a HUGE deal about minor coping then Apple turns around and does very blantant coping they are going to get what is coming to them. What goes around comes around. Apple fans and comping should be eating **** right now because they made fun of everyone else and Apple does pretty blatant coping.