WoW Frame Rate on White MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by zachsilvey, Nov 26, 2008.

1. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

I recently got the original World of Warcraft for my White (2.4Ghz, 2Gb) MacBook. I was happy about how it was running until i got a little farther into the game. I can't get anything over 22fps when i'm in the middle of nowhere and nothing over 12fps when i'm in any busy place. i have every setting on low and have tried turning down the resolution. am i missing something

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

yes, you're missing a real GPU. Welcome to the world of the intel x3100.

3. colocolo macrumors 6502

It shouldn't be that low, unless maybe in Org.
    Make sure you set antialias (multisample) to 1x, and disable glow effect. That should make a difference.

4. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

WoW has gotten AWFUL on every Mac computer in OS X. Read the support forums on blizzard and you'll see... framerates have been cut in half even in old Azeroth. I dont know what happened but WoW runs likes crap now :( A shame.

(note: this is on the same setting - not the new settings in 3.0.2 patch)

5. zachsilvey thread starter macrumors 6502

looks like i'm buying a semi-ok dell and throw in a decent graphics card. bummer, i lover my macbook for everything except the stupid integrated graphics.

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Not true, I normally range from 30-150 fps on my MBP. Not saying that it runs great on every Mac out there...

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

That's because of the new shadows that are enabled - they really cut down on performance. Turn those off and your FPS will jump.

8. grundgedanke macrumors member

grundgedanke

My framerate also dropped down massiveley. Even with Shadows off. It really sucks and sometomes it is unplayable since Lich King. I play on a 24" Alu IMac. I play in a window with 1400x900 pixel. The mac port actually sucks!! When i boot windows via boot manager i can play WoW in full screen 19xx resolution with everthing maxes.

Any hints?

9. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I'm running WoW on a G4 and am now getting 4-7 fps everywhere I go.

I definitely took a big hit after the patch. I believe that something wasn't optimized.