Wow, huge difference in screen temperature from my iPad 1 to iPad 2!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by melman101, Mar 24, 2011.

1. melman101 macrumors 68030

Well, I gave my original iPad to my wife and I told her, let me check it out. Then I had my iPad 2 on the table, and I was like, woah, why is my iPad 2 so much whiter. It appears that my iPad 1 had a yellow tint to it that I never noticed until I got the cool blue temp from my iPad 2. If you remember they adjusted the temp between the original iPhone and the iPhone 3G/3GS. Both my 3G/3GS had the yellow temp, and my original iPhone had the cool blue. I'm incredibly excited about this :)

Does anyone else notice this same difference?

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I don't know about color temperature, but when I had my ip1 and ip2 side by side with the same brightness setting, the ip2 was much brighter. The ip1 looked downright drab. At first I thought it was the AG screen protector on the ip1, but it wasn't. There's definitely an improvement.

3. WilliamG macrumors 604

This is 100% device dependent. My iPad 1 was incredibly warm in temperature, whereas my friend's iPad 1 was so much cooler in temperature. There's absolutely no difference between the iPad 1 and iPad 2 HOLISTICALLY in terms of color temperature. It's just variance among iPads.

4. melman101 thread starter macrumors 68030

Wow, then I lucked out. I love the cooler temp myself.

5. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I had 2 iPad originals, one was a piss yellow and the other was a blue white, my current iPad 2 is a very nice in between .
    My friends is a very blue white which make the colors look bad.

6. Tones2 macrumors 65816

I have the complete opposite. My iPad 1 was blueish white and my iPad 2 is yellowish. I much prefer the blueish white, so I'm thinking about returning it. However, there's no guarantee that the new one will be bluish-white.

The only advantage the yellow white screen has is that it appear to me to be brighter at the same brightness level. Other than that, everything looks better with the blue-white, especially pure white screens and shades of gray.

Tony