iPad wow, ios7 really looks bad on the ipad air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rowspaxe, Nov 7, 2013.

1. rowspaxe macrumors 68000

rowspaxe

Went to the apple store to check out the new ipad. Before I could form an opinion of the ipad air--my attention was diverted by how cheap looking ios7 looked on the ipad. Everything is so big and clunky. I also noted that some screen animations skipped frames--even with the A7. Overall, the new ipad is impressively light and the new mini like bezel proportions are a huge improvement.

But I didn't buy it. I just felt the look of the os was "yech"--not touch-wiz "yech", but equally offputting in its own way. C'mon apple--your better than this.

2. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

Thanks, this really adds to the discussion that's been going on since June. Not sure what we'd do without your input.

3. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I don't understand. What was so big and clunky? Have you owned a previous iPad before? What wallpaper was defaulted on there? Do you use ios7 already on an apple device?

4. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Really? Personally I think it looks fine and in many areas it's a dramatic improvement over iOS6. Yes. sometimes it might skip a frame or two with the animations, but it's a brand new OS and I will give Apple the Benefit of the Doubt and hope that they smooth out the small glitches.

I do have a few problems with it though...

1. Too much white space on notes, calendar and imessage.
    2. Less gradients on some of the stock app icons
    3. Stonger looking icons in safari
    4. Names of videos in the video app and a list view.

I love the whole layers aspect to the OS and think they've done a lot of really neat things with the OS in general.

5. prism macrumors 6502a

Totally agree, iOS 7 looks like it was a beta release on the ipad, unlike on my iphone 5 where I don't have any of the jittery animations. Seems like competition forced apple to rush things out of the door!

6. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

It looks really fine and modern and the parallax effect is much smoother than the iPad 3/4 probably due to the included M7 coprocessor. The only thing about iOS 7 is that it sometimes crashes. Otherwise it's quite fine.

7. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I've had an Air since Monday. I'm really loving it. It is incredibly fast, light and easy to use. Note taking with a stylus is faster and more precise than it was on my iPad 3.

iOS 7 is fine. I like the calendar better than the on in iOS 6. Everything is cleaner than before.

8. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Thank you for not buying wouldn't be able to stand the winging:rolleyes:

9. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

It seems your issue is with iOS 7 and not the iPad. You might want to share your views in the iOS forum. iOS 7 is here to stay for quiet some time,

10. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

iOS 7 is by far the ugliest OS in the history of Apple and android. #Fact

Nothing else even comes close.

11. NuggetSauce macrumors regular

I don't know what you're talking about, but iOS 7 looks fine to me on my iPad Air.:confused:

But it's just a matter of taste and opinion anyways.

12. drxcm macrumors regular

I love iOS7 on my iPhone 5s - it is MUCH better than any other OS before it. I didn't like its looks at first, but wouldn't go back now...

13. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

iOS 7 is by far the most beautiful OS in the history of Apple and android. #Fact

Nothing else even comes close.

See what I did there?

14. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I think it looks great. More professional and it absolutely flies on the Air. It was a clunky as hell on my iPad 4

15. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

The majority thinks it is just fine . . so Apple is doing a good job!

16. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

I read these forums and get more disappointed every day - they most definitely do *not* reflect the rest of the world because if you were to judge Apple by all the negative nellies, whinging wallies, moaning myrtles and general trolls (all in increasing numbers) you'd never assume Apple is as successful and sells as many products as it does.

17. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

The iPad needs its own OS apart from the iPhone. Apart from inter-app audio and support for game controllers, iOS7 is a colorful TURD :):D:p:eek::( with prehistoric multitasking and file management.

18. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I was expecting to hate it based on some of the comments here and elsewhere but after using it I don't see what the big deal is and why all the hate?

----------

"prehistoric multitasking and file management" existed on all previous versions of iOS that were approved by Jobs and Forstall.

19. Achilles75 macrumors member

Troll much?

20. prism macrumors 6502a

Fanboy remark?

21. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Well this is an original topic here @ MR. Did you just wake up from a months long snooze? Even the astronauts on the International Space Station are aware of iOS 7. /sarc

Don't worry you'll get use to the iOS7 look & thankfully you can turn off animations. The bonus is it has a lot of great new features. I didn't care for it at first but got over it and moved on. Didn't stop me from buying an Air for sure.

22. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

Opinions are like a*******, everyone has one.
    Here is mine...I think iOS7 looks beautiful on my new iPad Air.
    But how well it looks is far overshadowed by how well it performs. Very fast and so far, flawlessly.
    I'm very pleased :)

23. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, let's take away the greatest advantage of Apple products! What a great idea! I'm surprised they haven't asked you to take over as CEO!

24. eggersj macrumors 6502

eggersj

The looks are great and the speed is great. :)

However, the crashes in safari are not great. :(

25. rei101 macrumors 6502a

Personally, I won't upgrade to 7. It is the ugliest OS ever, looks mediocre.