Wow. new iPod Touch 4 look like iPhone 4 !

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by olihope, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ChiChi macrumors newbie

2. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

Well if thats the case, I'll be glad. Thanks for the photo.

3. olihope thread starter macrumors newbie

i think the ipod touch won"t have facetime ...

i think, i don't buy iPhone 4, i'll buy ipod touch 32gb 4gen and i will still using Nokia 6300 ;)

4. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

I really hope it has a rear camera for photos and/or video.

A Facetime camera would also be nice, but less of a priority, IMO.

Cool to see that so far it's looking like the iPhone. I really like the iPhone 4's design.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I wouldn't mind an iPhone design on an iPod where there are less antennas, when I first saw the iPhone 4 I thought it was pretty snazzy then came the problems.

I hope it has both front and back cameras and 128gb storage. But given how lacklustre the iPod touch updates are I'm not too hopeful.

6. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

I don't think any mobile device has 128GB of storage, and rarely any mobile devices have 64GB of internal storage except for the touch and Zune HD and maybe some other devices. I think we will have to give it at least another year for 128GB of flash memory.

7. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

The Zune HD goes up to only 32GB, to the furthest of my knowledge.

8. SoraLimit macrumors regular

Wow, if it's true, then I'm getting a White iPod touch 4! :D:D:apple::D:D

9. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

No camera in those (if real), but there's always the hope that it's simply the bottom model, while higher models have the camera(s).

I keep expecting the Classic to go away: they could simply put a hard disk into a fat Touch, just as easily as having a whole separate Classic product. Either way it would be expensive but fill a niche.

10. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

11. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

Why? There is a white iPhone.

12. SoraLimit macrumors regular

I don't think they would put a Hard Disk into the iPod touch though, since its already more fragile than Flash. With the accelerometer and the recent gyroscope, and all the contact with the touch screen, the Hard Disk would take a slow beating.

13. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Just think about that for a second.

14. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Sony has one or two devices in Asia(while now) and now parts of the EU with 64gb of space. 128gb is going to be pretty pricey at this point in time. I would think we might see it in early-mid 2011.

15. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

No front facing camera would be fine if it meant we got a 5MP rear facing camera. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Also, retina display is fantastic at Over 9000 ppi (at least that's what Apple told me) and I'll love to see photos on it.

16. SoraLimit macrumors regular

In fact, I like it better if we got 5 MP camera, with no front. I don't know why, but I don't think I'm gonna use FaceTime after all the awkward commercials they have for it. xD But who knows?

And Over 9000? That's absurd. It would go Super Saiyan, and turn the iPod gold. xD

17. zavannah macrumors newbie

That's all very nice. But what's that thing sticking up at the top? Something I have to deal with?

18. SoraLimit macrumors regular

Nah, its just sticking out because its just a part of the complete thing. The top part will be tucked inside the iPod.

19. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Those look to me to be iPhone parts that someone touched up in Photoshop to remove the front cam and ear speaker.

But that's just me.

20. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I agree, out of focus, light levels have been adjusted to increase brightness, resized, highly compressed, if you download the image it has a white boarder and is clearly an image of an image rather than a photo and has the same flex cable and connector as the iPhone 4 digitizer which is unlikely.

21. xMastemah macrumors member

Why? The chances of them continuing to manufacture the old style of the iPhone/iPod Touch is highly unlikely, not mention getting the camera to fit in the slim iPod Touch is near-impossible, so the design had to be changed one way or another. It's either gonna be fatter or the Leica design...

There won't be any FaceTime. Apple will want to keep that for it's iPhone users.

22. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I am not disputing that the next generation touch will have a complete new design, I just don't think those images are next generation touch parts.

23. thealtenbach macrumors newbie

they said that apple canged the last minute right ???
    and in the post said that the surial number indetifies a late 2009
    So it`s maybe a prorotype before steve jobs decided to stop.
    I`M pretty sure.