Wow... Screw you ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iTzChasE, Jun 6, 2010.

1. iTzChasE macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

So, a week or two ago I checked if I was Eligible to upgrade to the new iPhone and it said I was able to Upgrade. I just checked today and they Switched it so that I'm not Eligible. Now It says I have to wait until 2/20/2011 to get the upgrade price.

Has this happened to anybody else? I know they have been changing peoples Eligibility to that they COULD upgrade, but why would mine change so I could not... This is BS. I'm going to go cry.

EDIT:
    Now ATT's website is showing something different. I still can't figure it out if I get the FULL upgrade discount or not. [Both are iPhones]

My number
    Mom's number
    EDIT AGAIN!
    I just checked and it still shows the full price for the 16gb 3GS so It didn't change.

2. Noelmel macrumors regular

yes i was talking about thia in another thread. mine was 11/17/10
    for months and went to 2/17/11

3. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Did you change your rate plan? Other people that switched their plan to something less than $100/month/line noticed they lost their eligibility too. Or if you were late on a payment they could push it back.

4. iTzChasE thread starter macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

I have not done anything. It's always been the same. We have had ATT since 2003 with 4 lines and we pay OVER $180 a month... I want to switch to Sprint, but ATT would "Rape" me with Charges to get out of our Contract. Oh and we use AUTO pay and have NEVER missed a payment.

5. Noelmel macrumors regular

i always pay my bills early. and for mine it was $80 a month and i UPPED my text plan so then it was $90 a month. and thats right when it got moved back 3 months. sooo dumb. i dont get it

6. iTzChasE thread starter macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

Is it possible to Upgrade another phone on our line and just use it for myself? Or would ATT know that I did that?

7. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Your upgrade gets pushed up because AT&T gets the subsidy they paid Apple back faster.

8. Noelmel macrumors regular

right. but if im spending more money. theu should if anything move me up. not further away

9. cobie454 macrumors regular

cobie454

10. iTzChasE thread starter macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

I checked and It says I won't be eligible! WHAT THE F#CK! I HATE ATT!! fksfbkglnksfgskjlfgflgl

11. og1 macrumors regular

12. moka macrumors 6502a

mine changed today from a upgrade eligibility date of September/October of 2010 to being eligible to upgrade.
    before that it stated that i was not eligible to upgrade but can still so so by paying the extra amount, interesting...

Attached Files:

13. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

They don't care. Honestly, don't be afraid to talk to them about it.... you are 100% allowed to do that.

14. iTzChasE thread starter macrumors 6502

iTzChasE

Ughhhh, I just don't know why they would do this. Its going to drive me CRAZY! I will call them up and ask them about it. Hopefully they can give me some Answers.

15. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

this happened to me and i made a thread about it. i was eligible for an upgrade in may and now because i sold my 3G and they took the data plan off I now have to wait till mid July. BS.

I demanded that they put the data back on and hopefully the system updates and allows me to upgrade sooner.. If it doesn't I'll call up AT&T on launch day and threaten to cancel my account.. I mean it'll be less than a month before I'm upgrade eligible anyway so why not ?

Only plus out of this whole debacle is I got the unlimited data plan back on, and now I'll be grandfathered in.

16. azsprty macrumors 6502

Mine hasn't changed and it looks like it won't...oh well

17. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I get that, too. Does that mean I will get $301 if I get another 3G when I can "upgrade" from my 3G on July 2?;)

18. Noelmel macrumors regular

thats what mine is too. just 2/17 insted. its still the early upgrade prices which is better than nothing. but still we woulda eligible for the cheaper price if tgey wouldnt of changed it!

19. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Oops. I misread your post. I thought you said it got pushed forward and didn't know why. My bad. :eek:

20. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

You can try, but they probably won't care. They will have enough new sales with the new iPhone, you will be irrelevant to them. Not trying to be harsh, just realistic. If it were a regular day and another phone, then maybe. They don't need to hard sell the iPhone. They know if you kick a fuss, they know you want one and will be back.

You may think a month is nothing... when I bought my girlfriend a 3G for her birthday, she was three days from being eligible and they wouldn't budge. Since she had a family plan, we had to put it on another eligible account on the plan.

21. LinMac macrumors 65816

It would be cheaper to pay the ETF and buy another iPhone.

22. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Apparently I can get a 8GB 3G for -301.99. Might have to give that a try.

23. DeathChill macrumors 68000

Demand it in cash.

24. Noelmel macrumors regular

haha no problem. its confusing i know. it doesnt make sense.