Wow what an Iphone rip off!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by waloshin, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Surely Guest

Surely

2. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

There are tons of these around.

3. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

4. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

5. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

There are way worse than this one too. Some that basically purport to be an iPhone when it's not.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

That company has been making iPhone knock-offs since the iPhone came out.

7. creon macrumors 6502

I love when companies do this and I bet it ways nothing!

Would be fun to buy one and just smash it...

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Actually Meizu has changed their OS a lot so it doesn't really resemble the iPhone's. It really used to be a ripoff. Now it has some really cool touches.

9. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

And here is the show stopper, right from their website:

That's enough for me. No, thank you.

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If you can't innovate imitate. It has been Microsoft's model for years and has worked fine.:rolleyes:

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Exactly. It originally was a total copy. Now they're using their own ideas.

Actually, using WinCE 6.0 is A Good Thing. That's a very robust and powerful version of CE.

(It's not Windows Mobile.)

12. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I got an HTC Touch not too long after the original iPhone and it was a nice phone. It was easy to install a theme that made it look and act almost exactly like an iPhone. Why, I didn't even have to void my warranty with some lame half-assed "solution" like jailbreaking to do it. Between that and the overall look of the phone, it was almost like an iPhone except thinner, smaller and lighter with better battery life, reception and a MUCH faster network connection. I still have the phone...shame it was for Sprint and is totally worthless without a Sprint contract. This being opposed to AT&T's iPhone which is only half worthless when used with AT&T. Sorry but WinMo was here when Jobs was still sniffing his nose at the idea of an Apple phone and it's creator still isn't so paranoid as to needlessly cripple it's own system. Plus I had to wait a month for Apple to bless my iPhone app. I could write and sell a WinMo app the same day if I wanted to. Through more than one store. Why, Microsoft wouldn't even have to know about it, let alone spend weeks scouring it to make sure I'm following all the rules du jour.

13. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Oh, I know it's not WinMo. It's CE. To which I still say, no thank you.
    Now, having said that, the fact that this device used CE6 brings it up above the intentional knockoff/ripoff toy phone level, and adds a certain amount of credibility to the claims of its capabilities.

But still, it's CE. No thank you.

14. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Meizu has been known to copy many part of the Apple Interface... but their stuff is REALLY REALLY NICE

Its a shame its a rather dodgy customer buying experience.

And PS the Meizu is old news, moving right along...

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Welcome to the party! Seems that they at least started using their own icons or something close to their own....:eek:

16. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Has this thing actually come out yet? Engadget have been reporting on it for a long time now, and it seems to have been delayed more than Vista!

Anyhoo, I doubt it will sell/is selling. It's a iPhone knock-off made by a Chinese company no one's heard of that runs Windows CE!

17. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

18. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That image just reminds me of the 1.0.0 times.:rolleyes: Yes I experience 1.0.0, I also remember how simple everything was.

19. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

So did many other people. THe simplicity was revolutionary.

20. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

If only I could get back the same casing as before. Also, if Apple were to allow us to get rid of some of the stuff we don't need 100% (like the Spotlight feature I never have used or some portions of the OS that are business oriented but I have no business need.)

Some parts should just be optional.

21. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Yeah, it took a lonnnng time. But yes, I think it's been selling for a few months now.

Meizu's well known in the areas of the world that they sell in. From Mercury News:

22. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

In addition to that, there was the Open Moko Linux phone with its pinch zoom, which was showed off about the same time that Jobs was berating his crew for "not having a product yet". ;)

Yep, it was a throwback to single-tasking computers of 1984, with their simple rows of icons. And it worked.