Wowwwww like night and day

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rjohnny, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Rjohnny, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

Rjohnny macrumors newbie

I had a pink screen and I mean really pink , about 4 stuck pixels and and LED bulb exposed near the camera when seen at an angle. Well today I went to the genius bar and before I made it there a sales rep approached me and i asked for a genius so he called one over and showed the both of them my screen. As soon as I turned on my iPad and showed them a white safari page the only thing I heard was " whoaaaaaa" from the sales rep lol. The genius took it to the back immediately and came out with a replacement in seconds.

This is the first replacement I ever did on an apple product and wowwww not only does this screen look spectacular but the colors are so much more vibrant than my previous iPad. I got my ipad on launch day But it's as if I just got my new iPad today and this screen is beautiful! I have ran the same apps as I ran on my other iPad and this one doesn't get anywhere close to as hot as my first one, my first one was a burning hot unit .

All I can say I am ecstatic about my replacement and it is like night and day all around!

2. Cubeeless macrumors regular

Cubeeless

3. iHeartsteve macrumors 65816

iHeartsteve

Congrats! My brown box replacement turned out perfect. Major screen difference. With my second I pad, I am now a very happy apple customer! :D

4. Madjobs macrumors newbie

OMG-you did not accept poor apple qaulity?

I,like yourself and many other people here got blasted by the ra ra apple
    Fanboys for not accepting inferior product.
    I work hard for my money and will not drink the kool aid that the ra ra apple
    Fanboys are spewing.
    I have owned many apple products and am very happy with them,but I had to go thru 3 iPads to get one acceptable.i no,I did not sit in a dark room and look for problems ,you could see it.
    But a few fanboys here seem to think that lousy quality control is alright and everyone who sees a problem is OCD.
    The fanboys are OCD and according to them apple can do no wrong.
    Every release apple does on new products is getting worse on the quality control issue.
    Enoy your great iPad and fanboys,get over it-apple products do have a qaulity control problem lately-and quit blasting people that demand quality in there product

5. rz-jacks, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012

rz-jacks macrumors member

This adds nothing positive to the thread. You're already defensive without anybody saying anything bad. I've returned a couple of ipads already due to defects and I completely agree that if you're not satisfied you should exchange it but when you post stuff like this is just gonna feed the vicious cycle of arguments

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

amen

7. aristobrat macrumors G4

Couldn't have said it better myself.

8. Madjobs macrumors newbie

You guys OCD?

It is amazing here-say something bad against apple and get blasted-
    But the regular pack of fanboys call somebody OCD,are getting to picky,looking for problems etc,are blasted
    Who cares,I can voice my opinion here just like the moron fanboys
    It is a forum,isn't it.
    Or if something is said against apple quality control getting worse and worse with each product kickoff ,it is all of sudden bad,not adding anything ,etc.
    Get bent fanboys

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

Exactly!

10. pat park macrumors 6502a

Certainly you can voice your opinion, but is it really appropriate in this thread?

The OP found an iPad he is happy with. This is not the proper place for your to complain about other forum members and the whole mentality of fanboys.

You're welcome to start your own thread about rampant fanboy-ism.

OP, good for you. Happy you found what you're looking for. I am firmly in the not too picky crowd, maybe I got lucky and my first one was good.

11. Hello... macrumors 6502a

Hello...

Congrats I had the same experience funny how it's cool ,and my other one ran very warm.

12. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Where I work there are a lot of long time Apple enthusiasts, so there's plenty of people to obtain feedback from. On one hand we are somewhat disappointed in what is a slow decline in quality, when it comes to iPads and other Apple hardware.

Yet on the other hand, Apple's vendors are producing so many units per day it's simply mind boggling. Given this fact, it's got to be very challenging to maintain a high standard of quality compared to a few years ago before this massive increase in sales. Perhaps as time goes by, they will acclimate to the pace and bring quality up to what it once was.

13. Rjohnny thread starter macrumors newbie

14. jlinear macrumors member

My iPad has a "pinkish hue."

- George Costanza

15. ICEMAN 316 macrumors member

16. Dkorda macrumors 6502

Thats very cool. Good to know if mine ones bad. Typical Apple service.

17. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Close to your last post. Insults are not tolerated by the modifiers.

18. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Or the moderators, either! :D

19. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Touché

20. ZipZap macrumors 601

I think it does....they are saying bad things all over this forum.

Based upon all the waffling I see...I think the new term we should use for the fanboys is bi-polar.

The place is full of bi-polars and OCD's....and me.